Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Help Me Rate This Laptop.. - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Rate This Laptop.. (4799 Views)

You Can Have This Laptop For 20k / Your Review About This Laptop 'ASUS Eee X101' Kindly Check Please... (2) (3) (4)

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by osile2012: 1:12am On Dec 25, 2014
[size=15pt]Sometimes upgrading ram, HD, OS etc on a laptop can cause the motherboard to fail. The manufacturers know why they made it so.[/size]

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
osile2012:
[size=15pt]Sometimes upgrading ram, HD, OS etc on a laptop can cause the motherboard to fail. The manufacturers know why they made it so.[/size]

Ok thnx...
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by bedfordng(m): 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
Abduletudaye:

What are the ways to avoid over heating?? So I can be on safer side.
just make sure you don't use too much heavy apps at the same time, like loading and using coreldraw, photoshop, illustrator, games all at the same time.also, don't keep your pc on the bed, if you must do that, make sure you add a flat book that is high a little to enable the pc stand without touching the bed.do same when using it on the floor.when you notice any slow performance in the process of working with it, switch off the system and turn it so that the back will face up for fast cooling

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
bedfordng:
just make sure you don't use too much heavy apps at the same time, like loading and using coreldraw, photoshop, illustrator, games all at the same time.also, don't keep your pc on the bed, if you must do that, make sure you add a flat book that is high a little to enable the pc stand without touching the bed.do same when using it on the floor.when you notice any slow performance in the process of working with it, switch off the system and turn it so that the back will face up for fast cooling

Thanks...
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
is dis laptop specs adequate for graphic works nd moderate gaming. Here re d specs below:
Hp pavilion 15-e060eia
core i5 3230m 4gb ram
amd 7670m 2gb dedicated vram
500gb hard drive. price range 97k to 105k
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
osile2012:

Very true, there's usually a limit to which one can upgrade the hardwares of certain laptops. Check the laptop's data sheet just to be on the safe side

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
Octaevius:
is dis laptop specs adequate for graphic works nd moderate gaming. Here re d specs below:
Hp pavilion 15-e060eia
core i5 3230m 4gb ram

Not bad, Buh for that price, I reckon you make a bit more research to see if you can get a better machine/price tho
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Vstuffs(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
Octaevius:
Hp pavilion 15-e060eia
core i5 3230m 4gb ram

LoL 97K to 105k (brand new or use).....that price is way high.....you can get a very good use USA core i7 with better HDD space and graphics.. For that price....

I will advise do more research about price b/4 buying
But that system is still good for gaming and graphics
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
adegab4real007:

Very true, there's usually a limit to which one can upgrade the hardwares of certain laptops. Check the laptop's data sheet just to be on the safe side

Ok, will check it.. Thanks..
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
I added 4gb RAM to the system to make it 6gb, now it's super fast and doesn't lag irrespective of whatever programs I'm running.

Lest I forget, the rating jumped to 5.4 straight up

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 12:05am On Jan 08, 2015
adegab4real007:
I added 4gb RAM to the system to make it 6gb, now it's super fast and doesn't lag irrespective of whatever programs I'm running.

Lest I forget, the rating jumped to 5.4 straight up

welcome to the club sir...rocking my visafone with it...its super sweet
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by chaarly(m): 1:34am On Jan 08, 2015
pls guys i want to get a brand new laptop. Please recommend some for me with their prices. Thanks
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by stephano100(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Oh nice! I got mine from Jumia too... I upgraded the Ram actually..that's why its 4Gb now.. So you mean the gaming experience is ok?? Which games actually?
dis ram u guys are addin,hw do u do it?is it a hardware stuff u can buy?my own hp gat 2gb ram nd i would like 2 add 2gb more

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
stephano100:

dis ram u guys are addin,hw do u do it?is it a hardware stuff u can buy?my own hp gat 2gb ram nd i would like 2 add 2gb more

Yep..its a hardware..take it to an engineer to help you look it up..
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
chaarly:
pls guys i want to get a brand new laptop. Please recommend some for me with their prices. Thanks

Make a search for computing products or laptops on any of Jumia or Kings, and you are sure to get a good deal.

Look out for the system brand, system type (32 or 64bit OS), RAM, Hard disk size, Processor speed and type, Dedicated Graphics Memory (if u are a gaming freak), Optical drive, Screen size (Personally i love 15.6 inches laptops) etc

And of coz, the price.

Check this one out, I think it's not bad and it's actually cheap.

http:///dell-inspiron-3541-dual-core-laptop-with-free-bag-microsoft-office-365-personal-and-4gb-flash-drive-1161874

In fact, I might have to buy one and resell it o

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by chaarly(m): 2:46am On Jan 10, 2015
adegab4real007:

Make a search for computing products or laptops on any of Jumia or Kings, and you are sure to get a good deal.

Look out for the system brand, system type (32 or 64bit OS), RAM, Hard disk size, Processor speed and type, Dedicated Graphics Memory (if u are a gaming freak), Optical drive, Screen size (Personally i love 15.6 inches laptops) etc

And of coz, the price.

Check this one out, I think it's not bad and it's actually cheap.

http:///dell-inspiron-3541-dual-core-laptop-with-free-bag-microsoft-office-365-personal-and-4gb-flash-drive-1161874

In fact, I might have to buy one and resell it o

yay! shocked thanks v much sir. Really appreciate smiley
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
chaarly:

yay! shocked thanks v much sir. Really appreciate smiley

You're most welcome.
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
adegab4real007:

You're most welcome.

Hi, have you considered changing the OS?
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 10:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Hi, have you considered changing the OS?

To Windows 8.1
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
adegab4real007:

To Windows 8.1

Maybe...am thinking of downgrading to WIN7 but am scared about my drivers..
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Maybe...am thinking of downgrading to WIN7 but am scared about my drivers..

Nah, why would u wanna downgrade to Windows 7? You dont like windows 8 or what
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
adegab4real007:

Nah, why would u wanna downgrade to Windows 7? You dont like windows 8 or what

I like it jare but the effizi is too much...
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Abduletudaye:

I like it jare but the effizi is too much...

I don't think you shud downgrade it, I reckon you will regret it if you do.

Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
adegab4real007:

I don't think you shud downgrade it, I reckon you will regret it if you do.

now am afraid...
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by adegab4real007: 9:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
Abduletudaye:

now am afraid...

Lolz, fear not
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Abduletudaye(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
adegab4real007:

Lolz, fear not

Hmmm..ok o..
Re: Help Me Rate This Laptop.. by Tvaddict: 2:10am On Dec 15, 2015
you play high end games with this laptop ?? eg gta V, Witcher 2, watchdogs ??

Downloading Videos On Youtube With IDM / Google Baraza: A Question & Answer Site For Africans? / Dell Latitude E7240 (SOLD OUT)