Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. (623 Views)

Fashola To Seize Property If Tenants Commits Crime. / Stubborn Tenants Refuse To Leave And Don't Pay Rent! / Lawyer And Other Gurus Pls Advise Palm Garden Mowe Vs City Of Hope Ftz Ibeju Lekki 4 Investment And (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. by NaijaOptimist: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2014
Dear colleagues,

I need your advice on how to legally resolve issues on my property.

* i have a landed property with 14 flats ( comprises of 2 bedroom apartment and room/parlour self contain)

* The agents initially responsible collected money from the tenants and varnish, so i directed that henceforth no tenant should be to agent/lawyer.
that they should all be paying to my account.

* i engage a lawyer to assist in ejecting those that are owing and refuse to pay, 2 tenants last payment was in February 2013, 1 paid last in june 2013.
* i directed the lawyer to issue those tenants in debt a quit notice of 3 months which has since expired, the lawyer said we should issue another 1 month quit notice which has also expired. The lawyer collected money for all the letter he wrote ( we wrote to five tenant twice and he collected 10k per letter twice).

* I asked him what next when they refuse to move out, he said he need to file a case in court and i need to pay before he can do that.
But i opt to know what the cost of filing, and the entire court case will be he said he cannot qoute a price now.
My fear is that the lawyer too is ripping me off, so i told him am not interested in the court case yet.

Let me also mention that, i paid the lawyer hiring fee, power of attorney fee and agreement fee before he accept the job.

now, my question are?

1. i want to eject the tenants that are owing, how long will a court case take?
2. What is likely cost i will pay a lawyer to handle these case?

many thanks as you help a brother.
Re: I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. by sam13(m): 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=NaijaOptimist post=29102759]Dear colleagues,

I need your advice on how to legally resolve issues on my property.

* i have a landed property with 14 flats ( comprises of 2 bedroom apartment and room/parlour self contain)

* The agents initially responsible collected money from the tenants and varnish, so i directed that henceforth no tenant should be to agent/lawyer.
that they should all be paying to my account.

* i engage a lawyer to assist in ejecting those that are owing and ref

where is the property situated
Re: I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. by otokx(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria.
Re: I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. by NaijaOptimist: 5:33am On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=sam13 post=29117185][/quote]
lusada area of ogun state.
Re: I Need Advice On My Tenants, Lawyer And Agents. by Jack188: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
I'd like to recommend you a very reliable and nice lawyer agency http://my-bankruptcy-law-advisor.com they will solve all your problems and do it very affordably for you. Have a look there. Good luck with it wink

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale On Ijoko/agbado-berger Road / 2 Plot Of Land For Sale @ Toll-gate, Ogun State. / Land Sales @ Ibeju Lekki, Ajah, Badore, Agungi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.