Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Please Can This Be Termed As Police Harassment And Oppression? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Can This Be Termed As Police Harassment And Oppression? (477 Views)

Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students / Olabisi Deji-Folutile: I Was Also A Victim Of Sexual Harassment In UNILAG / How Nigerian Universities Encourage Sexual Harassment Of Female Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Can This Be Termed As Police Harassment And Oppression? by dwilliams: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2014
Good day my fellow Nairalanders, I want to get some ideas on an issue that has been bothering me and my fellow students of Ambrose alli university Ekpoma for long. The men of the Nigerian Police force has been constituting nuisance on us,oppressing us and Violating our fundamental human rights with liittle or no regards to our protest. They come unannounced and search our residences without search warrants,I.e they go from hostel to hostel conducting searches, the annoying aspect is they are not searching for cultist but they are looking for internet gangsters all just to exploit them, we are stopped on the road and the messages on our phones are read, our contacts are sometimes called of the contact has a foreign number, the contacþ will be called to verify if they know us. I am not a criminal neither am I an internet gangster, but a friend was brutally assaulted by this police officers because they knocked on his door and he didn't open his door on time. I just want to know if it is proper for officers of the ppolice force to (1)conduct searches on residences without warrant. (2) I want to know if it is also permitted for random searches on our phone contacts and messages shouyld be read. (3) I want to know if it is an offence as a student to own a laptop. Because as a student here the minute you own a laptop you become a suspect. And if any search is carried out on your person or ur residence and a laptop is found be ready to part with nothing less than 20k before you are bailed. Lawyers and the uncorrupted members of the force your ideas are needed. * Abeg mae una pity my English this is d best I can write, since na pidgin we de knack 247 everyday, e don tey wey I write essay lyk this, make una sofri laff me.

(1) (Reply)

Home Tutor In Ilorin / Admission Form Into Oduduwa University Is Out, Call_08143147096 / Get All Jamb, Waec, Neco, Nabteb Exam Answers For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.