Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com (3391 Views)

Guess Who Got Hired In 2016 / Beware Of Linkedin Fraud / Jobs Posted On LINKEDIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by alotofgrace(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015

[img]http://1.bp..com/_SYWPj9HHkdQ/TOyfSCI-XbI/AAAAAAAABVU/kcfNeFEyUsA/s1600/Communication.jpg[/img]

It should come as no surprise that a college degree is no longer the golden ticket to a good career that it once was. It certainly helps, but the letters on your diploma are no longer a guarantee of a good job. In fact, employers are looking more at valuable soft skills, like teamwork and communication skills, when making hiring decisions.
What employers want.

The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) recently released the results of a survey, in which they asked hiring managers what skills they would prioritize when recruiting in 2015.

The results might surprise you. Here are the top 10 responses:

*Ability to work in a team structure
*Ability to make decisions and solve problems (tie)
*Ability to communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
*Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
*Ability to obtain and process information

You’ll notice that the first five are all soft skills, that is, skills and attributes that make a person able to interact with others effectively. They’re all part of your EQ, your emotional intelligence quotient. And you won’t find many college courses specifically dedicated to these skills.

*Ability to analyze quantitative data
*Technical knowledge related to the job
*Proficiency with computer software programs
*Ability to create and/or edit written reports
*Ability to sell and influence others

The second half of the top ten does focus more on specific skill sets, including an analytical mindset, good written communication skills, and computer proficiency.

linkedIn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Rexphobia(m): 10:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
Time to update my profile
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
Insightful
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by mimifavour(f): 11:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Thanks for the info
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by merzybenedict(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Great !!!. Many will see this and their life will never remain the same. But in this part of the world, it's so absurd how we put entertainment as our basic priority rather than motivation to move on and achieve greater things !!!. Have you ever wondered the comparison in the number of spectators at Night of a thousand laugh to a career talk of Fela Durotoye or Seun Ibitoye !!!. I aint criticizing social life because all work without play makes someone a dull dude but it shouldn't be our basic priority !!!. Peepz let's wake up to reality and win our world in the coming year. Read Self-help books rather than Romance books because the author of the romance book you are reading is fulfilling his or her purpose already. Let's change our world in the coming year. May God bless us !!! - Merzybenedict. A big thumb up to @linkedin !!!

6 Likes

Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Maczeelly(m): 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
Good
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by merzybenedict(m): 11:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Rexphobia:
Time to update my profile
dude.. Plss update your profile o and have a good plan ahead. You'll surely win in the coming year
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2014
almost everybody will now have dis on their cvs.. then, employers will begin to wonder why every candidates possesses the same skills.

1 Like

Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by candy15: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2014
What I don't understand on LinkedIn is the ' premium thing'.
For me to connect to some people I need to upgrade to premium and when I try doing that.....it brings out an amount in dollars to be paid. I wonder what that means
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by alotofgrace(m): 10:21am On Dec 23, 2014
candy15:
What I don't understand on LinkedIn is the ' premium thing'.
For me to connect to some people I need to upgrade to premium and when I try doing that.....it brings out an amount in dollars to be paid. I wonder what that means

yu can't just connect to bill gates or dangote or fela durotoye as a floor member!

when am ready, am gonna upgrade
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
JUST PASSING BY cool
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Penboy: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
Okay... But i want to be my own boss jare
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by CHM11: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
Penboy:
Okay... But i want to be my own boss jare
A good and successful boss will be employed by his own company and on a salary scale too. Hence these skills become vital. Dangote is an employee in his group of companies.

3 Likes

Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by SenatorJames(m): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
Interesting to know. The problem with our young graduates is that they will claim to have all these skills on their CV, only to find out its a copy and paste things. Instead of learning the ones they lack to upgrade themselves.

Nigeria..... judging employees by paper, rather than practical since May 29 1999.
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Penboy: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
CHM11:

A good and successful boss will be employed by his own company and on a salary scale too. Hence these skills become vital. Dangote is an employee in his group of companies.
yeah, true talk! Working on those skills nooni.
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by bosun11(m): 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
nice one man.thanks for sharing this info
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by inestimable(f): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2014
thanks
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by bank2k4real(m): 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
Gods Grace Enterprise wishes you an ideal Christmas, and a prosperous 2015 that will be celebrated as a reflection of your values, desires, affections and traditions. Thanks for your patronage and hope to do more business with you come 2015. 08063203540, +233540975809

Check my signature below...for your gifts
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by bluesaint(m): 1:56am On Dec 24, 2014
very nice.
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by Almadny(m): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2014
"information searching ability"
Dat makes information scientists more relevant
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by dimexilux(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2014
good job OP
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by clitlicker: 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
The most important skill.

Ability to call someone mouthed in abuja
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by obowunmi(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ability to play office politics. .

No matter how hard you work, if you can't play politics or as, skissing, you're done for.
Re: The Skills That Will Get You Hired In 2015 - Linkedin.com by alotofgrace(m): 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
obowunmi:
Ability to play office politics. .

No matter how hard you work, if you can't play politics or as, skissing, you're done for.

that's a combination of ur data collection and communication skills

(1) (Reply)

Immigration Recruitment / Help!!! I Need Job In Ibadan Pls. I Have Suffered Enough / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.