Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds (1890 Views)

Who's On Workforce Waiting List? Please Share Your Experience / How Sharing My Experience On Nairaland Gave Me 15,000 Naira. / Please!!! Share Your Interview Experience(s) Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by lekhane(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
It is now a common thing for companies especially banks to require that one sign a training bond before an offer of employment stating that after the company trains you, you won't work anywhere else for a minimum of one to two years or there about except you'll be willing to part with a substantial sum of money.
This is very common with access bank
I'm presently in this situation.
I'll like to hear if you've had an experience as regards training bonds;
Do you think it is fair on the employee?
Is it done in other countries? Maybe I can blame our government and labour union
Do you think there's a way around it where you won't pay the huge amount of money if you decide to leave before the agreed period?
Have you heard anyone who escaped it?
Your candid opinion will be appreciated
Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by taiwotosho22(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2014
This issue is now common among banks. I was invited 4 an aptitude test couple of weeks ago, I later did research on the mfbank I realised that u must sign 2yrs bond with them while u will be paid little salary.
Aithough, I was supposed to go 4 test but due to the little salary with the bond I didn't bother to
go.
In my own view I think this is unfair because during the time of the bond, u will not be able to search 4 ur dream job moreso, it wll even deny u some opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by lekhane(m): 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
taiwotosho22:
This issue is now common among banks. I was invited 4 an aptitude test couple of weeks ago, I later did research on the mfbank I realised that u must sign 2yrs bond with them while u will be paid little salary.
Aithough, I was supposed to go 4 test but due to the little salary with the bond I didn't bother to
go.
In my own view I think this is unfair because during the time of the bond, u will not be able to search 4 ur dream job moreso, it wll even deny u some opportunities.
Microfinance bank too? That's very funny, I just wish something can be done about this, they are taking advantage of the dearth of jobs in the country
Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by taiwotosho22(m): 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
lekhane:
Microfinance bank too? That's very funny, I just wish something can be done about this, they are taking advantage of the dearth of jobs in the country

yes o..since the rate of unemployment is high, they will take many unemployed graduates for granted.
Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by Gherrokid(m): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2014
@ lekhane, d moment you sign dat bond there's no escaping it oh. This issue has cost some pple their new jobs after leaving d initial organization before d expiration of d bond. Cos even if you leave for another job before bond expiration, ur new employer has to confirm with ur previous employer if you actually worked with them - na dat time alarm go blow (u r a 'debtor').
Except if you dont intend to add dat previous employment on ur CV.
BUT, some of those bonds are actually prorated, but they'll never highlight to you in d first instance. Like mine was with a bank, a 2year bond for 2million. I decided to leave 6month before reaching 2years with them. Dat was when I got to know dat it was on a prorated basis; so I ended up paying them just 500K (for d bond) plus recoup of d remainin months on my housing allowances, and others

1 Like

Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by Gherrokid(m): 8:50am On Dec 24, 2014
@ lekhane, d moment you sign dat bond there's no escaping it oh. This issue has cost some pple their new jobs after leaving d initial organization before d expiration of d bond. Cos even if you leave for another job before bond expiration, ur new employer has to confirm with ur previous employer if you actually worked with them - na dat time alarm go blow (u r a 'debtor').
BUT, some of those bonds are actually prorated, but they'll never highlight to you in d first instance. Like mine was with a bank, a 2year bond for 2million. I decided to leave 6month before reaching 2years with them. Dat was when I got to know dat it was on a prorated basis; so I ended up paying them just 500K (for d bond) plus recoup of d remainin months on my housing and other allowances.
So kindly confirm d details of their bond, it might help you in taking a decision.
Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by lekhane(m): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2014
Gherrokid:
BUT, some of those bonds are actually prorated, but they'll never highlight to you in d first instance. Like mine was with a bank, a 2year bond for 2million. I decided to leave 6month before reaching 2years with them. Dat was when I got to know dat it was on a prorated basis; so I ended up paying them just 500K (for d bond) plus recoup of d remainin months on my housing allowances, and others
I think I need your advice on this, I've pm you
Re: Please Share Your Experience On Training Bonds by andybanny: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
In a Graduate trainee role that involves bond, is it possible to leave within the period of training?

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Learn How To Operate A Forklift, Crane Pay Loader Etc In Lag / Info About GEOSCAPE LIMITED / closed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.