Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,890 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Any Experience With Total Solar Light? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Any Experience With Total Solar Light? (3392 Views)

Solar Rechargeable LED Light: Indoor & Outdoor Solar Light For Sale / Sun King Pro - World's Longest Lasting Solar Light With Phone Charger / Does Anyone Here Have Any Experience Buying Stuff With Circuitatlantic.com ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Pilotman(m): 4:18am On Dec 23, 2014
To
enable off-grid, low-income
communities to meet some of
their most basic everyday needs,
Total has introduced Awango by
Total , a line of innovative, reliable
solar lighting and phone charging
solutions.

the sale of this light has been on in Nigeria for sometimes now. Please who has used this light and What is your experience with it?
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by iamfbanj(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
my experience ....Total off grid cant work in Nigeria, it is impossible for now, because for you to stay total off grid , mehn you have to be some electronic genius, like converting DC stuff to AC, because i notice DC stuff is gud, but due to some things you cant rely on them, but my latest advice is to use LED things, tv, bulb, nd there are sow low wattage device like fan , dvd, (3w), e.t.c but that total off grid is impossible for now, because most solar panel are not that full wattage, they are labelled wattage... thats my opinion
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Pilotman(m): 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
iamfbanj:
my experience ....Total off grid cant work in Nigeria, it is impossible for now, because for you to stay total off grid , mehn you have to be some electronic genius, like converting DC stuff to AC, because i notice DC stuff is gud, but due to some things you cant rely on them, but my latest advice is to use LED things, tv, bulb, nd there are sow low wattage device like fan , dvd, (3w), e.t.c but that total off grid is impossible for now, because most solar panel are not that full wattage, they are labelled wattage... thats my opinion

I am referring to Total Solar Lights used at homes, sold at Total filling stations across Nigeria!
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by reflintorm: 5:37am On Jan 06, 2015
One of my friends had an experience regarding with the usage of the solar lights for home appliances. she satisfied with that lights.

parabolic light reflector
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by ib22003(m): 10:48am On Jan 06, 2015
off grid solar light can work, there is currently a solar home in iwo,osun state made by the person who got me intrested in solar energy. he is an emeritus professor. and he used solar and dc equipment mostly and needed a small inverter for a few things, first you need to know your energy requirement. Secondly, hour many hours do you want to carry the equipment for, this will determent the size of the inverter and battery. the solar panel will determine how long it will take to charge based on the hours of sunlight per day. Get a wind vane also because solar panel wont work very well in cloudy weather. initial cost is expensive, but when you start using it, you would know you are saving money.

For More info call dapo 08103234587 or go over to our online store and purchase and inverter. http://buyamnow.com/inverters
i also have renewable energy solutions for small bussiness for small bussiness.
Think of the most important part of your bussiness you need to run. eg light and fan for most shops and i would get you a small solution that will last at least five hours.
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Ideagatesauto: 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
@pilotman ,if you're in Lagos and you want the best and most reliable solar technology even for complete homes or complexes call me . Il introduce you to the inventor . A US marine colonel here in Nigeria and that's all he does , technology and super guaranteed.
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Pilotman(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ideagatesauto:
@pilotman ,if you're in Lagos and you want the best and most reliable solar technology even for complete homes or complexes call me . Il introduce you to the inventor . A US marine colonel here in Nigeria and that's all he does , technology and super guaranteed.

Please how can I contact you?
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by bodejohn(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
iamfbanj:

My friend, off grid solar powered home is not rocket science. Setup is quite expensive but with the right equipment and knowledge...piece of cake.

I have ran my home in the past 26months on solar and I did celebrate a year uninterrupted power supply 4months ago.

There is also a thriving solar energy thread on Nairaland. It's under the tv and satellite section.

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Cool83(m): 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
Awango is okay, have being using it for almost a year

1 Like

Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Ideagatesauto: 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pilotman:

Please how can I contact you?

Called 08039309096
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by ndcide(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2017
Cool83:
Awango is okay, have being using it for almost a year

Please are you still using the awango by total light. What's your review of if. I'd like to buy it and send to the village if it can be guaranteed in efficiency for at least 2 years.

What do you think
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by Cool83(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2017
ndcide:

Please are you still using the awango by total light. What's your review of if. I'd like to buy it and send to the village if it can be guaranteed in efficiency for at least 2 years.

What do you think
it all depends on how you handle it, just like phone once it started falling down, it would spoil easily, the one am using got spoiled and the other two that i bought for someone. u can go for it if they can handle it with care, it can spend up to one year or more
Re: Any Experience With Total Solar Light? by ndcide(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
Cool83:

it all depends on how you handle it, just like phone once it started falling down, it would spoil easily, the one am using got spoiled and the other two that i bought for someone. u can go for it if they can handle it with care, it can spend up to one year or more

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dell XPS 2-in-1 13.3" FHD Touchscreen - 8th Gen SOLD!!! / DELL XPS 15 9560 GAMING LAPTOP: 4k touchscreen, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD SOLD / Brand New Latest SONY VAIO VPCEH1S1E GAMING LAPTOP For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.