Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Skull Designs On Clothes. Good Or Bad? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Skull Designs On Clothes. Good Or Bad? (692 Views)

When My Mom Makes Me Try On Clothes I Hate / Funny Things Written On Clothes People Wear / "Satanic" Slogans On Clothes!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skull Designs On Clothes. Good Or Bad? by michaelou(m): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2014
Fashion is a constantly-changing field filled with colors, designs, and ideas. New ideas are created almost every day, yet some traditions and established ideas remain strong even as the years pass. And when it comes to fashion design, one of the lasting images is the skull. What is the history of the use of the skull in fashion? What makes it so appealing, and what allowed it to stay relevant for such a very long time?The first thing that makes the skull such a compelling image is the numerous and deep meanings associated with it. Seen in just about anything from media products to artwork, it’s easy to say that the skull has universal appeal. The first meaning associated with the skull is death. Usually combined with other death-related images such as tombs and creatures from the afterlife, skulls are a lasting image of man’s mortality.The skull can also be a symbol of toughness and bravery. There are moments when situations resemble a life-and-death struggle. The use of a skull can be a powerful message of defiance in the face of adversity and risk. Lastly, skulls can also be a symbol of life. In the same way that it’s a death symbol due to its association with mortality, skulls can also mean the celebration of someone deceased or living each day the best way possible.
My point now is what's your take on this fashion trend? Good or bad?

(1) (Reply)

New Arrivals @liamfashion / The New Name In Fabric Land / How Do I Import Clothes From The USA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.