Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Sir Alex Ferguson Bears It All: What You Need To Know About Fergie Time. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sir Alex Ferguson Bears It All: What You Need To Know About Fergie Time. (443 Views)

David Moyes Sacked, Fergie persuaded to take charge again!!! / Full List Of Trophies Sir Alex Ferguson Has Won / Sir Alex Ferguson Retires: Finally, The Whistle Blows On Fergie Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sir Alex Ferguson Bears It All: What You Need To Know About Fergie Time. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Manchester United under the legendary gaffer, Sir Alex Ferguson had the habit of scoring late on in the games. Manchester United’s opponent knew it wasn’t over until the referee blows the final whistle. This occurrence of Manchester United scoring loss time goal was commonly referred to as Fergie time.
Sir Alex made the whole issue looked intentional as he most times touched and tapped his watch frequently at the dying minutes of these matches to the view of the match official and his opponents. And most time, his players always deliver that late punch of a goal, which will either secure United a precious victory or a valuable point. Memorable victories in this class include the 1999 Champions League triumph over Bayern Munich – a match Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored three minutes into injury time to win the memorable treble for United. Also Michael Owen’s memorable winner in the 2009 Manchester Derby at Old Trafford is one that cannot be forgotten in a hurry.
But the man behind it all, Sir Alex has described it as just a little trick to play with the opposition's mind in an interview with BT Sport to be aired on Christmas day, Sir Alex discussed the about Fergie time
According to the Daily Mail Ferguson said: 'Absolutely (other team’s were frightened of it). That's why I used to go with my watch. He continued ‘But I never looked at my watch. Honestly. I didn’t know how many minutes but it gets across to the opponents and the referee. It was just a little trick.'
That’s one more reason why Fergie is the unforgettable Big Boss
We miss you Fergie.

For more United new, articles, analysis and stats visit www.redlyunited..com

(1) (Reply)

EPL Top Four On Hold, Arsenal Advanced. / Ten Players To Watch Out For In 2015. / Who Will Be The Crowned The Best In The Football World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.