Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

"I Knew I Wasn’t Going To Win At The Channel O Music Video Awards" Davido - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "I Knew I Wasn’t Going To Win At The Channel O Music Video Awards" Davido (415 Views)

Music: Wizkid & Skales – It Wasn’t Me Download / 2013 Channel O Music Video Awards - Full List Of Winners / Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Knew I Wasn’t Going To Win At The Channel O Music Video Awards" Davido by ChynoBEATS: 1:58am On Dec 24, 2014
Davido still feels cheated at the recently-held Channel O Music Video Awards Without doubt, HKN boss, Davido enjoyed a remarkable year in 2014 as he has so far won a total of 23 different awards in the year which includes the Headies, BET, MTV, NEA awards among several others.

In a recent chat with NET, he was asked which is his favourite award among those won in the year and he said: ‘I don’t want to discredit any award show, I got 23 awards this year but the one I really wanted to get was the BET and I finally got it.’

It wasn’t just all winning for Davido, he was
nominated in a couple of awards like The SoulTrain Awards, MOBO awards and most notably the Channel O Music Video Awards where he got 5 nominations but didn’t win any.

Reacting to this,
Davido said

‘Everybody knew that it was planned, I even knew before the award show but I just had to perform for my boy, Lil Kesh but I knew before the award show that I wasn’t going to win.’

When NET probed further on how he came. to know before the day that he wouldn’t win,

Davido said:

‘Somebody told that they’ve gone
funny and changed the names but it’s all good I’m still cool with them, I have Channel O
Music Video Awards that I have won before. So they are trying to say MTV and BET are wrong, basically 17 million views compared to 600,000 views, do the math.’

Written By : Dayo Showemimo

Culled from NET Newspapers 2014.

(1) (Reply)

I Want All Woman/ladies/girls To Listen To Beyoncé By Beyoncé / Justin Bieber Tatoo:this Boy Cannot Stop Making Headlines / Speed Darlington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.