Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

I Hate My Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hate My Family (804 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom / I "Hate" My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Family by TDstarr: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2014
I hate my dad with passion , he is so self centered, and I loved my mum before but now I am starting to resnt her cos my dad is always telling her I will amount to nothing, and I think it is starting to get to her head, any small thing I do she read meaning into it, abeg, let someone just take me from here, I hate them, I believe I have anoda family somewere else, today d old man called me that he has his own plans that he is putting me through school out of pity,what do I do to remedy this situation , am fed up.

Mature advise only pls.
Re: I Hate My Family by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2014
awwww! dear sad dnt mind them. some parents are like that. bt every parent want whats best 4 their child! just pray n do ur part by being a good n obedient child smiley
Re: I Hate My Family by DesChyko: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2014
I want you to forget about your resentment, at least, for some minutes, and read this post.

You know, it's not really easy for parents to read into our thoughts and demands as we metamorphosize into adults.
They think just because they have been taking care of us since childbirth, we must be loyal to them and must be exactly what they want everytime of their lives, forgetting that we have our own personality and our own lives. It is really annoying having to listen to them complain all day and actually see only the mistakes we make and not the goods we do. Worst of all, they compare us to others who are better off, forgetting that those people don't even have the problems I'm having.

But then, we must remember how it all started. Our parents got married. They had us. Our mothers carried the burden of us for 9 months and our fathers tried to make the burden an easy one by providing things that will be vital to our mothers;and to the success of our births.

It didn't stop there. After birth, they did their duty of clothing, feeding and housing us, to keep us safe from all dangers. Most importantly, they disciplined us so we can learn the best things in life; how to read and write, how to behave properly; to give us a chance of holding our own in this competitive world.

Even when we feel capable of doing things ourselves, they still stand in, giving us pocket money, quarrelling with neighbours who spite us and sometimes, advice us or stand against friends of ours with poor moral qualities. Sometimes it irritates us, but that's okay. We're still learning how to live in this world.

And now that we are getting there, we would expect freedom, but we don't get it.
Friend, I want you to know that everything we've undergone in the hands of our parents so far is out of love.
And fear too. Our fathers are afraid that we're not ready for this world. They fear that their sons may not survive the heat. They advice us because they want us to be better. Sometimes, they get frustrated and tell us things like "You are useless." After we leave their presence, they begin to feel bad. But they can't tell us 'sorry' most times because they feel we will go back to that action that scares them. They are under a great deal of pressure.

Our mothers are no different. They grew up around different men. They know the very bests of the lot and have their lives and secrets well documented. They would want us to follow an identical path that won't pose a danger to us but will put us up there with them. They also share our fathers' secrets. The pressure our fathers' endure for our sake are transferred to them and for want of peace and unity, they complain at those attitudes of ours that builds up these fear in the home.

Our duty as their children up to the age of reasoning is to understand the pressure they are under;being afraid for our failure. It is borne only out of love and concern, nothing more. Along the way, they underrate us and spite us unknowingly, but we must be constructive by using our anger to do better instead of hating them. They could have given up on us long ago, but they didn't. They have been here and are still here with us. We should return the favour by not giving up on them as well. We should embrace our duty as they embraced theirs. We must keep trying, show them that we can make it as well. That will improve their confidence in us.
It's not so bad that they want us to succeed. As the saying goes "When a bush rat becomes old, it feeds on the breast of its own children"

I can't be absolutely right about everything surely. I'm just trying to run a parallel line between my experience as a son growing up and my fears for my son should I have one in the near future.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Family by bellong: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2014
TDstarr:
,what do I do to remedy this situation , am fed up.

Mature advise only pls.

Disappoint him by making the best of every opportunity and situation that presents itself to you including your academics and visions.

Nothing can silence him than your success.

The choice is left to you to allow the challenges break or make you.

6 Likes

Re: I Hate My Family by Baddestguyp(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2014
ehya take heart
Re: I Hate My Family by TDstarr: 11:45am On Dec 24, 2014
EroticAngelina:
awwww! dear sad dnt mind them. some parents are like that. bt every parent want whats best 4 their child! just pray n do ur part by being a good n obedient child smiley
u just made it looked like am a stubborn tennager am 21 for crying out loud , dats y I said matured advise only
Re: I Hate My Family by Nursy(f): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
I just hope u don't end up hating yourself too...

I think u r being paranoidal.
Just take it easy.

(1) (Reply)

. / Is It Wrong To Separate Fight Between A Couple? / A Check On A Phonebook Of An Igbo Business Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.