Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities (684 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / The Pitiable Life Of A Nigerian Teacher. The Way Forward?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
One would expect that after the 6month ASSU strike in 2013,Nigerian universities would be a haven but that is not the case even in the University of Lagos.
As a part time post graduate student, my lectures hold from 6-8pm every week day. At first when we resumed newly, we had to go to class with a blazer because of the high effectiveness of the AC but somewhere along the line, we ended up not only going with hand fans but also torch lights(thanks to Nokia) just so the lecture could continue when there was sudden power outage.This made the lectures not only boring but also incomprehensible as we were all already exhausted from work and all the faculty could do was provide four rechargeable flourescents for the class.
As if that wasn't enough, some lecturers come to teach only when they feel like it. They act so non chalant and unquestionable as most of them even send graduate assistants to represent them in class and this only got us confused the more.
Now i wonder who should be blamed: is it the government that is probably not providing enough for the proper running of these schools or the lecturers that are just negligent and nonchalant inspite of the review of their pay and maintenance allowance of the schools or even the students who should probably stand up for their right having paid huge fees for their education?
Re: The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities by holatin(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
re u new in nigeria
Re: The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=holatin post=29177229]re u new in nigeria
Does dat make it right?
Re: The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities by holatin(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2014
[quote author=niyah24 post=29180028][/quote]it does not make it right but tell me who will fight for you
Re: The Pitiable State Of The Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2014
holatin:
it does not make it right but tell me who will fight for you
I still wonder

(1) (Reply)

The Chancellor. Just A Figure Head? / Meet The 10-year-old (nigeria-girl) Maths Genius Who's Just Enrolled At College / IHIALA School Of Nursing Form For 2015/2016 Session Is On Sale Now.for More Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.