Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nigeria Has More Males Than Females - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Has More Males Than Females (2484 Views)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by osisi4: 1:14am On Dec 11, 2008
So what is that argument for polygamy again?
Now that we know men out number women in Nigeria should the women now marry more than one man?

Total: 140m
Men: 71.7m
Women: 68.3m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6217719.stm
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by chika98: 2:09am On Dec 11, 2008
marry more than one husband ke? impossicant!
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by 4Play(m): 2:49am On Dec 11, 2008
The fact that our census came out with such a flawed result tells you a lot about the census.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 11, 2008
And they say men were going scarce undecided
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Ifygurl: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2008
4 Play:

The fact that our census came out with such a flawed result tells you a lot about the census.

Our census? BBC are the one who did the survey, not suprised some of their stuff are usually flawed.
I don't even think Nigerian census actually do anything.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Ifygurl: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2008
osisi*:

So what is that argument for polygamy again?
Now that we know men out number women in Nigeria should the women now marry more than one man?

Total: 140m
Men: 71.7m
Women: 68.3m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6217719.stm

The report was in 2006. It's old. It may have changed and it's phyiscally impossible for a women to have more than one husband.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by tharma(f): 10:28pm On Dec 11, 2008
But honestly sometime it look like it is possible that there might be more men than women in Nigeria. Considering the fact that the proportion of Male and Female at birth is d same, but the demography tend to change due to the condition in the world such as lack of basic health care, accidents, war, famine etc.Nigerian men at of recent do not go to war- the major factor that decrease male population; so their average population tend to remain steady. Females are likely to suffer more dead due to sickness and also dead at child birth than men. And because of poor health care facilities, more women die on daily basis than men in Nigeria. Any body can make a quick research in hospital and find out the death rates.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Tgirl4real(f): 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2008
Madam Osisi,

how far with dat $100 gift naa tongue

u don give charity . . .
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by earTHMama: 12:03am On Dec 12, 2008
Very true.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by MaiSuya(m): 12:42am On Dec 12, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

And they say men were going scarce undecided

odd isn't? But you must remember that there is a difference between an potentially capable husband( which most women claim to be scare) and mere men, which apparently are in excess! wink
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 12, 2008
Mai Suya:

odd isn't? But you must remember that there is a difference between an potentially capable husband( which most women claim to be scare) and mere men, which apparently are in excess! wink
Lol, I know that, trust me.
I'm anti-rubbish men grin grin grin
Just speaking about the male species in general.

B.T.W, which one are you? capable husband or mrer man? I can already guess what your answer will be tongue
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by MaiSuya(m): 1:45am On Dec 12, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

B.T.W, which one are you? capable husband or mrer man? I can already guess what your answer will be tongue

O really? well then, at the risk of preempting you, and perhaps sounding just a teeny, weeny immodest(not my intention - trust me), I make bold to say that I am the most eligible highly capable, one-in-a-billion potential husband of a very, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry lucky female.  cool cool
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Nobody: 1:48am On Dec 12, 2008
Mai Suya:

O really? well then, at the risk of preempting you, and perhaps sounding just a teeny, weeny immodest(not my intention - trust me), I make bold to say that I am the most eligible highly capable, one-in-a-billion potential husband of a very, verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry lucky female. cool cool
rotflmao!! I expected this tongue

oops, seems like I made a typo on my previous post; mere not mrer grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by MaiSuya(m): 2:16am On Dec 12, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

rotflmao!! I expected this tongue

why the tongue? do you doubt me? wink
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by bawomolo(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2008
The report was in 2006. It's old. It may have changed and it's phyiscally impossible for a women to have more than one husband

actually it's not physically impossible.  alien to our culture? yes but there are polynesian cultures where women have multiple male partners. word is that karmamod get's down with this lifestyle

the BBC stat is flawed anyway.  just another guesstimate
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
When did the BBC come to Nigeria to carry out their head counting? Where did they get their stats from? Or because it has "bbc" attached to it, we must swallow it down? undecided
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by osisi4: 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
Noboby should question the statistics. cool
No wonder marriagable girls are getting about 5 serious suitors and above and it could be a daunting task deciding which ones to eliminate and zero in on one since men are now a dime a dozen grin
We are truly blessed cool
It's raining men!
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by osisi4: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Madam Osisi,

how far with that $100 gift naa tongue

u don give charity . . .

no serious bidders.
I pocketed my money
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by agaba123(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2008
Ifygurl:

The report was in 2006. It's old. It may have changed and it's phyiscally impossible for a women to have more than one husband.
Says who? go to India and find out for yourself
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by 00914543: 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2008
Hi,
I'm very glad to come here! grin grin
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by earTHMama: 7:33am On Dec 14, 2008
Says who? go to India and find out for yourself
Roflmao, so many ignorant people here. Some of us need to travel around or at least make good use of the library.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Ifygurl: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2008
earTHMama:

Roflmao, so many ignorant people here. Some of us need to travel around or at least make good use of the library.

Wow, i should actually shoot myself for not knowing India of all places have women that have more than one husbands. Yeah, Nigeria should be more like India, (create more overpopulation). Great idea.

And i don't to travel to India, neither do i want to learn about them except their history so far that's all i care about. An ignorant person calling another person an ignorant person (wonders shall never end).
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by sexyLeamon(f): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2008
fuckyouaga:

Hi,
I'm very glad to come here! grin grin
okay welcome undecided @topic that is good the ladies
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Pennywise(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2008
@OP
The census said nothing about what %age of the men is marriageable-actually minimal which got even worse with the economic downturn.

That leaves a yawning gap between the women available and the men ready to marry them.In order to close this gap married men with the means should be encouraged to take an extra wife or two because they are actually helping the larger society with the stability they bring by reducing prostitution and robberies from untrained illegitimate offspring.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by earTHMama: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2008
Wow, i should actually shoot myself for not knowing India of all places have women that have more than one husbands. Yeah, Nigeria should be more like India, (create more overpopulation). Great idea.

And i don't to travel to India, neither do i want to learn about them except their history so far that's all i care about. An ignorant person calling another person an ignorant person (wonders shall never end).
Try and write something readable pleeeeeze.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Pataki: 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2008
I personally do not believe that pseudo statistics stated.
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by earTHMama: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2008
I personally do not believe that pseudo statistics stated

I know say e dey pepper you and hannibal. No more abundant supply of women rather, it's funmi that lives in abundance. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Ifygurl: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2008
earTHMama:

Try and write something readable pleeeeeze.

I actually came to apologize to you cause i was frustated when i wrote that comment but you know forget it. some people just don't deserve apology.
Try figure it out "An ignorant person calling another person ignorant"
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2008
threr's a classic flaw in your argument. . .

how many of those 71.7million men are ' eligible'? we all know that nigerian women are not into as u would call it - suffering

most of you are not inclined to settle for a guy earning 25k per month when you can share/fight over a guy earning 200k per month grin
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by tmoney11(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2008
lailai woman plenty oooooo
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by tpia: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
Re: Nigeria Has More Males Than Females by tpia: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2008

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Take Your Osun And Orisa To Ogun, Oyo…” Kwara Imam To Yoruba. / Examples On Body Language And Their Meanings / Interesting Facts About Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.