Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? (4080 Views)

The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / If You Use Any Of These , Then You're Older Than Your Age.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Smart watches are the in thing now, as we have many top OEM's and companies dropping their own smart watch either stand alone or to compliment their flagship device. i want to know if we Nigerians actually own one, and if we use it to its full capability

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 26, 2014
runzlord:
Smart watches are the in thing now, as we have many top OEM's and companies dropping their own smart watch either stand alone or to compliment their flagship device. i want to know if we Nigerians actually own one, and if we use it to its full capability
no and then obviously no.
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 8:58am On Dec 26, 2014
I own a Smart watch. It is d U10. I bought 3weeks ago, it has been awesome.

1 Like

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2014
Further prove with the Nairaland notification page on my smartwatch.

1 Like

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Another screen on my smartwatch

1 Like

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2014
Ask any question, I am here to answer you.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Mafia4life(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2014
What technology links it to your smartphone? Wifi, Bluetooth, Infared, NFC or black magic?

How long does the battery last?

How much is it?
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by imtech(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2014
Mafia4life:
What technology links it to your smartphone? Wifi, Bluetooth, Infared, NFC or black magic?

How much is it?
black magic grin grin ..check jumia they have some starting frm around 12k...lol
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Mafia4life:

How much is it?

1. It is a Bluetooth smartwatch. It is connected through Bluetooth technology. It operates on d 4.0 Bluetooth spectrum. The one I owe doesn't use a sim card.

2. The battery last for 3 days with heavy usage.

3. I bought it for 8.5k on alix.

1 Like

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by donbenie(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
Maybe it's relevant to some people,to me i don't see the need,the essence of mobile devices is the portability,I can't envisage any circumstance where I won't be with my smartphone and have to then rely on a smartwatch for anything,seems to me,manufacturers are just bent on railroading us into the use of Smartwatches,with all the hype..
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
donbenie:
Maybe it's relevant to some people,to me i don't see the need,the essence of mobile devices is the portability,I can't envisage any circumstance where I won't be with my smartphone and have to then rely on a smartwatch for anything,seems to me,manufacturers are just bent on railroading us into the use of Smartwatches,with all the hype..
This submission is not right sir. Smartwatches are not meant to replace your smartphones but are to complement and facilitate their usage.
First, when I'm on the wheels, it is easier for me to answer/receive calls.
Second, when I charge my phones in the office, it is easier for me to receive calls and read SMS on my phone without the need of running to where I plug the phone to receive such. A Bluetooth device can transmit data up to 100metre.
Third, I get notifications of FB, Twitter, Nairaland and all social media I'm connected to without anybody noticing me since my phone is not physically seen with me.
Fourth, my smartwatch pings me if I move further than 10metre from my smartphone thus preventing the lost of my phone.
Fifth, should I misplace my phone or in the office, I can easily find it through my smartwatch. All I got to do is to ping it from the watch and it answers.
Sixth, I do take remote pictures with my smartphone using my smartwatch.
Seventh, I have pedometer and sleep monitor on my phone, though I have not used such.
Eigth, when I travel in public vehicle and we are cramped in the car(Nigerian thing), I do not need to struggle to get my phone from my pocket as many of us do. I just answer my call from my smartwatch.
Nine, My smartwatch is waterproof.
Ten, my smartwatch can play remote music from my phone.
Eleven, my smartwatch shows 1000 contacts on my phone.
Twelve, my smartwatch can answer and redial my last calls and all contacts.
Thirteen, my smartwatch has leather straps and it is aesthetic. Not the childish ones with two sims.
Fourteen, I use the compass when I drive.
Etc etc...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
fifteen, new smartwathes has a feature that when your pick up ur phone u see no password or pattern to unlock, but if anoda person does(not wearing the smartwatch) he will see a security pattern to get through

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by xtervaganza(m): 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
runzlord:
fifteen, new smartwathes has a feature that when your pick up ur phone u see no password or pattern to unlock, but if anoda person does(not wearing the smartwatch) he will see a security pattern to get through
wow
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Afromalaika:
Ask any question, I am here to answer you.
Thanks.

kindly drop the link to the seller u bought it from on aliexpress, i will like d av it to complement d elephone p5000 am looking forward 2 by. N pls, does d watch support NFC technology or only BT. Also, does it receives bbm n whatsapp msgs, if yes, can u reply bak from d smartwatch. Again, cau u pair more dan a phone with d smartwatch, like if i wanna pair my phone n a tablet to work with d smartwatch together, av u tried dat? Tanx
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
I still wonder why this thread is not yet on fp
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Afromalaika(m): 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
ellad2k4eva:

kindly drop the link to the seller u bought it from on aliexpress, i will like d av it to complement d elephone p5000 am looking forward 2 by. N pls, does d watch support NFC technology or only BT. Also, does it receives bbm n whatsapp msgs, if yes, can u reply bak from d smartwatch. Again, cau u pair more dan a phone with d smartwatch, like if i wanna pair my phone n a tablet to work with d smartwatch together, av u tried dat? Tanx

I just saw dis post. Sleep dey worry me no be small. If I wake up later, I go answer all yr questions.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by harmbhrosz(m): 1:54am On Jan 01, 2015
I'll have more time for gadgets later this year (after my final year exams)
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by dat9boy(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Afromalaika:
I own a Smart watch. It is d U10. I bought 3weeks ago, it has been awesome.
please i want to buy the u10 smart watch but dont know were to get it in nigeria..konga and jumia only have the u8 version..please were can i get the u10 ver and how much does ot cost..tnx prince.kiz4real@gmail.com
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by ewizard1: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2015
runzlord:
Yes, you are right,

But... the feature uses the bluetooth to connect with the watch!
Which means, if you are wearing the watch, and i'm standing close to you (within the Bluetooth range) (not wearing any watch), i can get access to your phone because it can still sense your watch closer!

I had mine too then but i lost it!

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by sogtek: 5:39am On Jan 17, 2016
Smart watches are the new in thing tоdау. They do a lot more than just dіѕрlауіng the time. Thеу саn have dіffеrеnt аррlісаtіоnѕ аnd can dо a number of useful things lіkе аlеrt уоu whеn уоur phone rings. click the link below to read more

http://www.sogtek.com/smart-watches-how-do-you-know-the-best-smart-watch-to-buy/
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by sogtek: 5:40am On Jan 17, 2016
Smart watches are the new in thing tоdау. They do a lot more than just dіѕрlауіng the time. Thеу саn have dіffеrеnt аррlісаtіоnѕ аnd can dо a number of useful things lіkе аlеrt уоu whеn уоur phone rings.
http://www.sogtek.com/smart-watches-how-do-you-know-the-best-smart-watch-to-buy/
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by lanrei(m): 7:47am On Jan 17, 2016
Prefer the ones with sim card
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by falseman(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2016
Leaving your Bluetooth on consumes lots of battery how do you guys go about that?
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by chigrin: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
GRINERIA Store is your number one Store for your Quality GSM Smart Wrist Watch.
We bring to you our Latest Model Y1 Smart GSM Wrist Watch.
The New Model Smart Watch is simply awesome with it amazing design..
Asides for the style and Fashion it adds to your appearance, with the Smart watch in handy you can do a whole lot. You can do almost everything you do with your usual Mobile device with the new model Y1 Smart Wrist Watch.

The Y1 Smart Wrist is not just stylish but very effective and convenient, more like your Mobile Phone, you can as well make and receive calls with The Y1 Smart Wrist Watch and do a whole lot.
It supports Bluetooth, Mp3, Sim Card and Memory Card.

Other Features: (CONTACT, CALCULATOR, CALENDAR, MP4, DIALER, MP3, BLUETOOTH, SOUND RECORDER).

Full Specifications Of The Y1 GSM Smart Wrist Watch.

Type: GSM Wrist Watch
CPU: MTK6261
External memory: Supports Up to 32GB MicroSD

Display:

Screen type: Capacitive
Screen size: 1.54 inch
Screen resolution: 240 x 240

Network:

Wireless Connectivity: GSM, Bluetooth
Network type: GSM
Frequency: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz
Bluetooth: Yes

Camera:

Camera type: Single camera
Front camera: 0.3MP
Video recording: Yes

Connectivity:

SIM Card Slot: Single SIM(Micro SIM)
MEMORY SLOT
Media Formats:

Picture format: JPEG,GIF,BMP
Music format: MP3,WAV
Video format: MP4

Languages:

English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Polish

For inquiries and Orders Kindly Call/whatsapp 08086109104.
Delivery Available Nationwide.

Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by quinSonia(f): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afromalaika:
I own a Smart watch. It is d U10. I bought 3weeks ago, it has been awes
ome.

pls EPP me I'm interested in getting one
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by Darksider131: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
Smart watches is not necessary...
Re: Do You Own A Smart Watch? Do You Use It? by toycom001(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
There are a whole list of smartwatches on here

https://www.josidelonlinestores.com/index.php?route=category&path=140

(1) (Reply)

Any Alternative For Innjoo I1s Battery? / Any Good London Fairly Used Phones For Sale: / Blackberry 8830 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.