Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Laptop Wont Work..... Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Wont Work..... Help (1702 Views)

SOLVED---- Help"!!!! Laptop Wont Boot / Need Suggestions On Possible Experiments For My Thesis Work.help Please! / Windows 7 Software Key Wont Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Wont Work..... Help by IniwavesCME(m): 3:56am On Dec 26, 2014
Its a Compaq presario CQ61-403EA. I recently wanted to charge it cuz d battery was dead,buh wen i plugged in my charger,d indicator turned white instead of orange and i tried turning on the laptop,i turned it on,the lights showed normally but d screen didnt turn on, i spoke to sum1 bout it and he said i need to heat the motherboard. pls guys wat do i do
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by bedfordng(m): 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
take it to an engineer for check up.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by bright1985: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
u can bring it for us to check it for u thanks call or watsapp 08064404857
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
IniwavesCME:
Its a Compaq presario CQ61-403EA. I recently wanted to charge it cuz d battery was dead,buh wen i plugged in my charger,d indicator turned white instead of orange and i tried turning on the laptop,i turned it on,the lights showed normally but d screen didnt turn on, i spoke to sum1 bout it and he said i need to heat the motherboard. pls guys wat do i do
am having this same problem on my laptop. Laptop name is compaq HP pescaro and my battery is dead I.e it turn off whenever light goes off. Now whenever I press the power button , the light will show and the fan will be spinning but the window will not come up. @ Op - kindly inbox me please for us to rob mind.. Mod I plead that you push this thread to front page because we really need solution to this problem.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
IniwavesCME:
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mod pls push this to the front page.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by shawlxAk(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
luvola:
am having this same problem on my laptop. Laptop name is compaq HP pescaro and my battery is dead I.e it turn off whenever light goes off. Now whenever I press the power button , the light will show and the fan will be spinning but the window will not come up. @ Op - kindly inbox me please for us to rob mind.. Mod I plead that you push this thread to front page because we really need solution to this problem.

Your computer might be failing POST. Is the caps lock LED blinking?
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
shawlxAk:

The cap lock is showing a white light whenever I press the ON button. The fan , wifi light always on but the Windows isn't coming up. A friend has remove and replaced the simot battery and done all possible all possible troubleshooting but all to no available. According to him , the motherboard is fault . I don't know what to do now !!! Confuse mode
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by Acidosis(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
HP compaq is a very useless product. After my experience in 2009, I have sworn never to use any Compaq/or Hp Compaq laptop computer.

Just sell it off and spend the money on drinks & pepper soup.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
shawlxAk:

Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 10:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
Acidosis:
HP compaq is a very useless product. After my experience in 2009, I have sworn never to use any Compaq/or Hp Compaq laptop computer.

Just sell it off and spend the money on drinks & pepper soup.
Like how much can I sell it ? I need to dispose it off. grin
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by tirex(m): 1:25am On Dec 29, 2014
just take it to an Engineer,some PC problems cant be resolved remotely
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by Lexusgs430: 1:41am On Dec 29, 2014
tirex:
just take it to an Engineer,some PC problems cant be resolved remotely

While some PC issues can be resolved remotely. #team -teamviewer
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by shawlxAk(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2014
luvola:
The cap lock is showing a white light whenever I press the ON button. The fan , wifi light always on but the Windows isn't coming up. A friend has remove and replaced the simot battery and done all possible all possible troubleshooting but all to no available. According to him , the motherboard is fault . I don't know what to do now !!! Confuse mode

If the said white light does not blink, then it's possibly just a problem with the display. It could be a loose connection or a faulty monitor altogether. Connect the laptop to an external monitor to verify.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
shawlxAk:

If the said white light does not blink, then it's possibly just a problem with the display. It could be a loose connection or a faulty monitor altogether. Connect the laptop to an external monitor to verify.
I just connected the system to an external monitor but still having the problem
. I believe yhe motherboard has crashed.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by shawlxAk(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
luvola:
I just connected the system to an external monitor but still having the problem
. I believe yhe motherboard has crashed.

Could be a problem with the onboard graphics chip. In that case, you'd be better off replacing the
motherboard. You may want to have it examined further at a computer repair shop.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
shawlxAk:

Could be a problem with the onboard graphics chip. In that case, you'd be better off replacing the
motherboard. You may want to have it examined further at a computer repair shop.
Advice me on what to do . Should I sell it off as scrap or go ahead to change the motherboard ? I heard they usually heat or charge a failing motherboard.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by luvola(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
shawlxAk:

Kindly add up - 746F8F4C , whatapp - 07089328564
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by nigerianservice: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by IniwavesCME(m): 1:57am On Jan 02, 2015
shawlxAk:

Yh dats exactly wat it does,wat shud i do
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by shawlxAk(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
IniwavesCME:

Yh dats exactly wat it does,wat shud i do

Try re-seating the memory module(s). That is, remove the memory module and re-install it. If there are two memory modules available, test with one module at a time. You may also test the system with another known-good compatible memory module.
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by MissJennifer(f): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2015
Having exactly the same issue,mine is a Dell vostro tho
Re: Laptop Wont Work..... Help by joannes7(m): 2:04am On Jan 11, 2015
power on error on most laptops come in varying ways. sometimes its current reflow.. sometimes its Ur memory. and sometimes, unfortunately, its Ur Video Graphics Adapter chip (VGA).
memory errors normal give u 3 beeps and keyboard cap lock lights flash thrice too. if its the VGA, beeps 6 times with the cap lock flashing (depends on make of system though).
for current reflow power error, pull out Ur battery and press Ur power button down for 10 secs. this would discharge lingering current within Ur board chips.
if this doesn't work, look out for the beeps and flashing lights to know if its a memory or the VGA.
I believe someone has touched on what to do if its the memory.
and if its the VGA, u may need to replace Ur mother board.
reheating Ur VGA chip is a very temporary solution to the problem. it will SURELY revert to status quo after awhile..

(1) (Reply)

Mint Macbook Pro 2017 Touchbar 8gb Ram 256gb Ssd Sold! / Clean HP Envy X360 Convertible 16GB/1T Us-used / Pls Recomeng Affordable And Not Expendsive To Maintain Photocopy Machine For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.