Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,749 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Asp.net Websites - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Asp.net Websites (1019 Views)

Asp.net Mvc4 Help!! / C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp.net Websites by jboy01(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2014
Pls how easy and cheap is it to host an asp.net website compare that that of php website. I have developed some websites with php, but I love .NET and want to write web application C#.
Re: Asp.net Websites by umaryusuf(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
jboy01:
Pls how easy and cheap is it to host an asp.net website compare that that of php website. I have developed some websites with php, but I love .NET and want to write web application C#.

For a starter, PHP is easier to get!
Re: Asp.net Websites by jboy01(m): 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
umaryusuf:

For a starter, PHP is easier to get!
I am an expert when it comes to developing site with php. I haven't done any with asp.net though I do write desktop app with vb.net and c#. I want to know how it is to host an asp.net site.
Re: Asp.net Websites by iyb(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
hosting asp.net sites is a bit more expensive when compared with php while jsp sites are the most expensive to host
if you can get a starter php hosting for $3.50 then asp.net starter might be from 4.50 to 10
Re: Asp.net Websites by umaryusuf(m): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
jboy01:
I am an expert when it comes to developing site with php. I haven't done any with asp.net though I do write desktop app with vb.net and c#. I want to know how it is to host an asp.net site.

Ok! To summarise the whole thing to u interms of:
~Costs: go for PHP
~Scalability: go for either
~Performance: go for PHP
~Support: go for PHP
~Availability of Tools and Editors: go for either
~Ease of Learning: go for PHP
~Language Popularity: go for PHP

Conclusion
Unless you are already familiar with the .NET framework or want to stick to Microsoft technologies, there is no discernible need to use ASP.NET over PHP. PHP can do everything that ASP.NET can, and it can do it for free.

Read More: https://www.udemy.com/blog/php-vs-asp-net/
Re: Asp.net Websites by iyb(m): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
how can you say php is better than asp.net in terms of performance.
php is good but when it comes to performance asp.net is better enterprise apps are developed with asp.net not php and please don't say Facebook cos its c++ that does the heavy lifting
Re: Asp.net Websites by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
It doesn't matter what language you are using when it comes to PHP and ASP.NET. Your ability to think out of the box as a programmer is what matters.

1 Like

Re: Asp.net Websites by trytillmake(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
I think op wants to experience hw it is to host an asp.net website [nothing wrong with that] i will host one myself soon i suggest u look at http://www.syskay.com/asp.html compare their prices with other hosts from google

(1) (Reply)

No More Security Men Because Here Is Security Cameras That Will Help You . / Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / Nigerias First Major Social Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.