Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Top 10 Most Anticipated Reasons Why U Must Travel To Ur Hometown Dis Xmas Period - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Most Anticipated Reasons Why U Must Travel To Ur Hometown Dis Xmas Period (660 Views)

Lady Cheated Death During Christmas Period. (PIC) / The Period Of Wet Sahara Connected To Genesis? Theories / 10 Most Controversial Nigerian Pastors Of 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Anticipated Reasons Why U Must Travel To Ur Hometown Dis Xmas Period by Kenzico(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2014
Without much talking about and much convinced that these are reasons why you should touch your villa this christmas period

The White wedding, Traditional wedding and Burial ceremonies
This ceremonies always come in a big way becox it brings 2geda different people of different class of the soceity who come
to this events even dignitaries do attend this programmes. This is one of the main reason why white wedding, the trads, and
the burial ceremonies do turn up to gather much attendance during december periods than any other programmes set on other
months of the year.

Masquerade Galore / Parade
This is one of the most anticipated and interesting cultural events that every youths, kids, and older folks do participate mostly
on this time of the year. Our Nigerian culture are mostly known for having different colourful masquerades repping their own
soceities and communities. So its a pity for those who will eventually miss this fun-filled event for not travelling to your home
town this period. Though its still not late cos you can rush n pack up and meet up with this awesome event.

Village Football league programmes
This event right here is one that you should never fail to miss cos its another event that gathers yet much crowd even the
local government chairmen and congressmen do attend this once in every year football tournament mainly to spend their
leisure time cos one cannot be indoors all day eating chicken laps....Jeezz! thats gluttony. What we dont know is that,
Most of Nigerian football stars had their roots from this petty event, you know, one can never know.

Birthday parties / Get 2geda parties
Hosting birthday parties in the villa can be real fun on its own way though your regular township besties/friends may or may not
attend but as for this get 2geda parties can really spice up your xmas holiday this season. A lot of suprises can spring up from
this parties cox you may not know who or what you may meet up. Always do remember to do whatever you do responsibily.
You wouldnt want to end up being completely drunk or landing up in jail or gettin embarrased in dis get 2geda parties.

Village Swimming parade
Seriously ehhhhhn! The village can possibly be much fun this xmas season cox most of the easons why township folks get tempted
to get back home dis xmas is to get a good view of the stream and all that comes with it. Most at times, in the streams you get to
see line up of girls washing and more still coming to fetch water. This view is truly admiring and i pity for you if u no sabi swim cox
some sharp dudes might use this opportunity to pull off their abs jux to get into the stream to swim. I tell you they did that for a
reason.

The market days event
No offence o! Some dudes may not really know their village market day but this attractive market day can be the reason that will
likely draw girls and boys back back to their hometown.

The village side chicks / blokes
This is one point where i cant help it but laff as am typing this one down.....becox i keep wondering that a young man cannot only
come back to the village just to spend his doe but e get one gal wey carry am enta village again dis year. This goes to some
desperate gals who are still looking for husbands who also use this season to turn up in villages to try their lucks. Let me just say
it was incomplete package last year and so this year he/she intends on rounding it up and hitting the spot or getting what they
wished for.

Family Get 2gether
Guys and ladies, come on! who eva that doesnt love a whole big family get 2geda which involve a huge stuffed turkey on the table,
i tell you that person doznt love his father's name. I still miss my own cousins since 2008 and i still wish we can still organise this
meeting so we can chat, share our xpressions to each other. At least goat meat, chicken wings or fried rice are usually backed up
to spice up this wonderful get 2gedaness that happens once in a year.

Advertisement of success and wealth
Most of our so-called made men, yahoo yahoo boys, 419ners, the harlots, and even the greedy politicians use this season to return
to their villages to just show off their brand new cars, brand new houses or their elevated success. Sometyms, they act as cheerful
givers by squandering and lavishing their cash and you may find this a good reason to return to villa assuming if you some of them
cox you might want to drink and eat ngwo-ngwo to the fullest.

Farming purposes
The last but not the least is for farming purposes. I dont really know why this point popped into my mind but i must write it down so
as to fulfill its wishes to enter my list. Some who truly know grounds in their villa missed farming a lot do miss wielding hoes, cutlass
etc so at tyms they do get attracted to do some harvest with the village mama.

Most of this reasons listed are what we or some cant wait to meet up in our villages and truly thats what really makes xmas holidays
in our villages much fun....Merry xmas. cheesy. Do feel free add yours!
Re: Top 10 Most Anticipated Reasons Why U Must Travel To Ur Hometown Dis Xmas Period by datguru: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice list

(1) (Reply)

Exam Malpractice ? Receiving A Revelation Of Exam Questions / The History And Meaning Of Ash Wednesday / I Want To Go To Church But I Can't, What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.