Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive (196509 Views)

Appreciation To Kakakibuy: 2003 Silver Toyota Corolla Delivered / ***Kakakibuy + MOBBDEEP DELIVERED 2004 BMW 320i**Europa To Naija*PICS** / ***Kakakibuy + Joker5180 DELIVERED 2002 Mercedes Benz C240**Ohio To Naija*PICS** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (342) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Don’t forget the PCV valve The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve is an emissions control device on older cars — check your service manual to see if your car has one.The valve recirculates partially burned gases from the engine’s crankcase to the combustion chamber. Important to a properly functioning engine, the valve should be changed every 30,000 miles (48,000 km) or as specified in your owner’s manual. In addition to helping you get the most from a tank of gasoline, it helps to prevent the buildup of harmful sludge and corrosion.When replacing your PCV valve, be sure you use the correct one or you may damage your engine.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!
Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:50am On Apr 25, 2015
Keep leather from drying out and cracking Leather cars seats are durable and don’t require a lot of maintenance. After a few years, however, the seats can become soiled. Use a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains.Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather (the leather used for most leather car upholstery). Protectants will resist stains and make the upholstery easier to clean in the future. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Beware the wet thumb If you top off your tires at a service station, check to see if there’s moisture coming from the air pump. Simply depress the pin inside the inflator valve with your thumbnail. If your thumb gets wet, advise the station manager that his tanks need to be drained and go to a different station. Moisture, trapped inside a tire, can cause pressure variations and corrode rims.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Secure loads to avoid dents and scratches The beginning of the end for the finish on many cars and trucks — and for wagon and hatchback interiors for that matter — is an improperly stowed load. Invest in the appropriate racks for bicycles, cargo, and luggage. A good trick to keep tall objects from sliding around in a pick-up truck bed is to use a shower curtain rod (or two) as a brace. Just push the cargo against the front wall of the truck bed and install the rod behind it. Twist to secure. Cargo nets will also help keep objects from banging around and damaging a truck bed.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Maintain proper inflation Under-inflated tires are a tire salesman’s best friend. They create excessive heat and stress that can lead to tire failure. If you want to get every last mile out of your tires, get yourself a tire pressure gauge and use it at least once a month (more in hot weather) to keep your tires inflated to the recommendation in the vehicle’s owner’s manual. Check tires when they are cold (driven for less than one mile) for an accurate reading.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2015
Some batteries need water If your battery has vent caps, remove them to check the level of the electrolyte. It should rise 1/2 inch (13 mm) above the battery’s top plates. If it doesn’t, use distilled water to raise the level to 1/4 or 3/8 inch (6 or 10 mm) below the bottom of the vent cap. Don’t use tap water, as it may contain minerals that can damage your battery. Mechanics should check your battery as a part of your regularly scheduled maintenance, but they often skip the procedure. Be sure to ask to have it done.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Renew fabric upholstery Spraying fabric car seats and carpets with a fabric protectant, such as Scotchgard, will make them resist dirt and stains, and make them easier to clean. Thoroughly clean the fabrics before using one of these products and then test the product on an inconspicuous place to be sure the treatment will not discolor the fabric.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Have wheel alignment checked Have your car’s wheel alignment checked every 30,000 miles (48,000 km), or as recommended in your owner’s manual. Also have it checked after buying new tires and when you replace a rack-and-pinion steering unit or other steering parts. Improper tire alignment will shorten the life of your tires as well as cause poor handling. If your steering is stiffer than normal or the vehicle pulls to one side, you probably have an alignment problem.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Flush these fluids every two years: power steering fluid, brake fluid, and cooling system anti-freeze. Check this timetable against your owner's manual. Newer cars generally allow longer intervals between changes. Change transmission fluid & filter at least every 50,000 miles (40k to 45k is even better). If you have gone over 50,000 miles without a change, on many transmissions, it is best to NOT change it and hope for the best. Often putting new transmission fluid in a trans that has too many miles on the fluid will actually cause problems because it can break down 'varnish' and other gums/solids that have built up in the trans due to over-used fluid.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Test drive-belt tension Check the tension and condition of your drive belt (or, with many cars, multiple belts) every month. Belts that are too tight can wear out the bearings in accessory components, such as AC compressor, water pump, and power-steering pump. Belts that are too loose will wear out faster and may fail prematurely. Perform your examination before you start the car to avoid injury due to a hot belt or moving engine part. Check for tension by pressing in the center of the belt’s longest exposed run while holding a ruler next to it. If you can depress the belt 1/ 2 to 1 inch (13 to 25 mm), but not more or less, the tension is good. If not, adjust the belt tension yourself according to your car’s service manual, or have your dealer or auto repair service do it. Also check for belt damage, such as glazing (often due to oil leakage), fraying, and cracks. If you spot damage, have the belt checked by a pro and replaced if necessary

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
Don’t try to carry too much Never exceed your car’s roof load specifications or weight limits.You can find them in your vehicle owner’s manual. Check the weight limitation of your roof rack as well. Typically the range is from 150 to 200 pounds (68 to 90 kg). That’s the equivalent of eighteen 8-foot 2 x 4s (2.4-meter 38 x 89s) or three sheets of 3/4-inch (17-mm) plywood. If you have to deliver a heavy load from the home or garden center, consider having it delivered. It will save wear and tear on you as well as your car.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Avoid light fixture problems When changing a bad bulb, clean dirty or corroded sockets with fine steel wool or a small wire brush.Wipe the socket clean of debris before installing the new light bulb.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lube your lug nuts Lug nuts, if not lubricated occasionally, can seize or “freeze” to the studs due to corrosion. Repairing them can be expensive. Having to call a tow truck for a flat you can’t remove is even more expensive.The next time you change or rotate your tires, pick up some anti-seize lubricant at your local auto supply store. Clean the stud threads with a wire brush and wipe them with the lubricant. It’s formulated to prevent the lug nuts (spark plugs, too) from seizing and won’t allow them to loosen as you drive, the way other lubricants might. If a lug nut does freeze to a stud, try spraying the nut and stud with WD-40 or Liquid Wrench. Allow it to penetrate for 10 or 20 minutes. Use a heat gun to apply heat.Then use a ratchet wrench to remove the lug.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2015
Hang on to your hubcaps Clang, clang, clang! There goes your hubcap,rolling off to destination unknown. Hubcaps, wheel covers, and center caps can pop off your car’s wheels as you’re driving if they were not reinstalled correctly, have loosened over time, or if they were damaged by being jammed against a curb while parking. Here are some things you can do to keep these expensive parts on the car:

If your older metal hubcap has loosened, remove it and pry the metal clips outward slightly. This should fix the problem.
Newer plastic-type hubcaps and some wheel covers are usually held in place by a retaining wire ring that snaps into tabs on the wheel. When installing such a cap or cover, take care that you do not bend or break the tabs.
One way to make sure your expensive hubcaps aren’t damaged by a repair shop is to remove them yourself before taking your car in for a repair that requires wheel removal, such as a brake job or new tires. When reinstalling hubcaps, rest the hubcap in place and then tap it gently with a rubber mallet. Don’t hit the hubcap hard, or you might break the clips underneath. If you prefer to have your repair person remove the covers, check to make sure they were reinstalled properly.They should look even and flush.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2015
Care for anti-lock brakes An anti-lock brake system is sensitive to moisture, which can ruin the expensive ABS pump and rot the brake lines from the inside. Since brake fluid attracts moisture, it should be “bled” or purged at least every three years, or as specified in your owner’s manual.

Car Engine and Other Systems

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Keep leather from drying out and cracking Leather cars seats are durable and don’t require a lot of maintenance. After a few years, however, the seats can become soiled. Use a leather cleaner to remove dirt and stains.Then apply a leather protectant formulated for pigmented or top-coated grain leather (the leather used for most leather car upholstery). Protectants will resist stains and make the upholstery easier to clean in the future. Choose a protectant that includes conditioners to keep your leather supple.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Don’t forget the PCV valve The PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve is an emissions control device on older cars — check your service manual to see if your car has one.The valve recirculates partially burned gases from the engine’s crankcase to the combustion chamber. Important to a properly functioning engine, the valve should be changed every 30,000 miles (48,000 km) or as specified in your owner’s manual. In addition to helping you get the most from a tank of gasoline, it helps to prevent the buildup of harmful sludge and corrosion.When replacing your PCV valve, be sure you use the correct one or you may damage your engine.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Power steering fluid should be checked regularly to ensure it is filled to capacity. The fluid can be checked via the reservoir. For the specific location relating to your vehicle please check your owner's manual.
Only use the recommended oil for your car, this information can be found in your owner's manual.
Never over fill the reservoir.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2015
Get your car off to a good start every time you drive it. Start the car and drive off slowly and gently until the car reaches operating temperature. This reduces the strain on the engine while the oil is still cold and thicker. Another option is to use electric engine space heaters, and start the drive with a warm engine. Accelerate promptly to the target speed. For most modern cars, idling a cold engine is both counterproductive and wasteful. Additionally, as you accelerate, release the gas a bit to cause the automatic transmission to upshift while you are not pressing hard on the gas. This causes less wear on the internal clutches. It is easier on the clutches for the car to shift when you ease up on the gas.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Maintain your transmission Change automatic transmission fluid and filter after the first 5,000 miles (8,000 km) and after every 25,000 miles (40,000 km) or two years thereafter, or as recommended in your owner’s manual. If you use your vehicle for towing, change the fluid and filter every year. For manual transmissions, change the lubricant (motor oil or gear oil, depending on the car) after the first 5,000 miles and after every 50,000 (80,000 km) thereafter. Use synthetic motor oil or gear lube for longer transmission life unless the manufacturer recommends otherwise.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2015
Maintain your car’s battery Maybe the manufacturer says your battery is maintenancefree, but don’t you believe it! Check your battery regularly to extend its life and avoid the hassle of being stranded with a dead battery.

Begin with the simple: keeping your battery clean. A dirty case can actually cause current to drain. Wipe with a damp rag. Use a mild detergent if necessary.
Next, clean the battery posts or terminals. Loosen and remove the negative cable (black or minus sign) first, then the red positive cable. Use a brass wire battery brush dipped in a paste made from a few tablespoons of baking soda and a little water.
Inspect the battery case for damage, such as cracks or bulges — signs that a battery needs to be replaced.
Reinstall the cables, positive first, and coat the terminals and clamps with a thin coating of grease to prevent new corrosion.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 10:10am On Apr 30, 2015
Inspect wheel-well splashguards These guards, however flimsy on many of today’s cars, help keep water and winter’s salty slush from splashing up into the engine compartment, where it can damage sensitive electrical components. Unfortunately, these guards tear off easily — sometimes without the driver knowing it. Check for damage to these guards when you wash your car. Re-secure with the appropriate fasteners or replace as needed. As added protection from splashed-up muck, slush, and debris, install mud flaps (also called splash guards) on your vehicle.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
Keep your cool Check the coolant-antifreeze level weekly that shows on the translucent coolant-antifreeze overflow tank. If low, fill to the maximum fill mark on the tank with a 50-50 solution of coolant-antifreeze and water. Some coolant manufacturers now sell premixed coolant and water for the motorist who wants a quick and easy way to top off.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Use upholstery cleaners on soiled seats The same upholstery cleaners you use at home can be used on your car’s upholstery. Use them sparingly, however, to avoid saturating the fabric. Use a clean cloth to wipe away the foam. On velour seats, brush the fibers gently to avoid matting them and to preserve the original texture of the fabric.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fix small windshield chips Got a rock chip, crack, or ding in your windshield? Bring your car to a windshield repair shop. For far less cost than replacing the windshield, they can fix chips and cracks, even quite long ones. The repairs not only keep the chips and cracks from spreading and restore structural integrity, they also improve clarity.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by billyG(m): 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
MOBBDEEP:
PREAMBLE :
I had a sweet European 2002 Honda Accord 1.8Ltr Sport iVTEC which I didn't enjoy much because it was completely totalled in a ghastly RTA the 1st time I drove it for a long-distance journey in June, 2014.
I was hit by a sand-ferrying lorry just as I entered into Calabar from Uyo.
Car was sold as a scrap at a great loss at a scrap-value of 50K.
This is a car I bought for 900K aside the purchase of additional 4 brand new tyres (42K) & 4 grade A Toks alloy rims (30K).
The Catalytic-converter was replaced at 18K & I did a comprehensive/detailed servicing going to almost 70K with replacement of all clutch-plates, brakes pads, 4 brand new OEM spark plugs, new 12-cell battery et cetera.
The pre-order brouhaha this Honda gave me before I took the delivery was a story for another day.
I paid for it in February 2013 but I didn't get the car until November 2013.
Funny enough, I didn't use the car because my house was close to the working place and I'm the type that doesn't want you to know I have a car.
I can be quite secretive.

TRICKED :
Because I was made to believe living in Calabar as a Civil-Servant without an owned means of transportation could be hell due to its heavy-rainy weather, I decided to promptly get another car.
That's how I landed in the almighty hand of Mr Ademola aka Triple-A who conned me of 550K in the name of a pre-ordering a 2002 Volvo V40 from COPART in June 2014.
He's yet to refund my cash.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 1 ( NOV 17 - 23 ) :
Then, on Monday Nov 17 2014, I saw on the "Point & Kill" thread of Mr Kakakibuy in Auto-section of Nairaland this particular BMW, precisely on page 9 of that lovely thread, whose beauty caught my attention.
I PM-ed him about it and I signified my interest.
Value written on the thread was 1.3M
He sent me a link to get full details about the car & I got hooked completely.
Details were:
* A 2004 BMW 320i Sedan of the Exclusive Trim with 5-speed Steptronic ( Auto-manual ) Transmission.
* One previous owner of user with 190,000km (~119,000miles) mileage.
* Well maintained with Full Service History.
* Alloy Rims.
* MP3 Interface.
* Multi-functional Steering Wheel.
* Xenon headlights with Fog-lamps.
* Navigation System.
* Sparkling dark Metallic-Blue color.
* Full-Velour seats.
* Rear parking sensors.
* Child isofix points.
* Electric heated seats.
* Loads of more bells, whistles, gadgets, buttons & toys.

SETBACK :
On Wed Nov 19, at the point of deciding to pay, I asked Kakakibuy if there were no other costs that I would be required to pay.
There & then, he told me he need to confirm from ADEXFEM the exact clearing cost/duty fee.
That 1M will put the car on the ship on sail to Nigeria & the balance of supposed 300K would clear it.
However, unfortunately, he reported back to me that ADEXFEM said the clearing cost is 370K.
He urged me to source for my own Clearing, Freight & Forwarding agent if I think 370K is too much, though he prefers ADEXFEM because of the previous dealings they have had together.
I started contacting the Clearing Agents on Nairaland but all the quotes I got were far higher than 370K.
The closest was 400K.
Many were quoting 500K because I was made to realize that BMWs are on premium/reserve list of Nigerian Customs. Hence, it attracts relatively higher pricey custom duty & clearing cost.
I wasted 3 days begging Kakakibuy to adjust price from the calculated 1.37M in order to accommodate my budgeted 1.3M.
He made me realize that the car was priced at 3,590Euros aside his Automobile-Technician's fee, his Europe-based manager's fee, logistic cost e.g mailing of Bill of Lading to Nigeria, trucking of car to dock et cetera.
That if not for a trade-discount offer he had from the dealer, with whom he has had previous dealings, he won't even attempt it.
He offered me other excellent close alternatives of similar BMWs which could accommodate my 1.3M budget but my mind was already sold on this.
I whatsapped him on Thursday 20th that I can add additional 50K to make 1.35M and nothing more.
Then he did the most amazing for me.
He decided to take 980K from me with the remaining 370K to go to ADEXFEM for its clearing.
On Friday Nov 21, having requested his Account details, he took a very dangerous risk of using his money to purchase the car from Germany without getting alerts of my payment nor confirmation message that I have paid. He reportedly took that risk because the offered discount was supposedly ending that Friday Nov 21 & he didn't want me to lose it.
I actually paid the 980K on the day Nov 21 though it didn't drop until the following Monday Nov 24.
Car was reportedly inspected by his Automobile-Technician on same day (Nov 21) with his Belgian-resident manager and was driven from Germany to Belgium over 300km.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 2 ( NOV 24 - 30 ) :
On Wednesday Nov 26, car was reportedly transported & delivered to the Port of Antwerp in Belgium.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 3 ( DEC 1 - 7 ) :
Between Dec 1-3, the car was reportedly loaded on the next available vessel to ply the NorthEurope-WestAfrica route on the Grimaldi line which is Grande Sierra Leone 0914 (GSL 0914).
On Dec 5, KAKAKIBUY called me that he has my car's Bill of Lading BOL & requesting if I would still want it to be courier-ed to ADEXFEM (his preferred choice) or any other Clearing Agent of my choice.
I simply told him ADEXFEM was still my choice.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 4 ( DEC 8 - 14 ) :
On Dec 10, ADEXFEM communicated with me affirming the delivery & receipt of the BOL.
On Dec 11, I wired electronically 403K Naira to ADEXFEM with the said 370K being for the car clearing & the remaining 33K for Complete Lagos Paper works, documentation & registration of the car ( this was minus the cost of the usual fake 3rd-party insurance because I wanted to take a Comprehensive Auto Insurance ).
Then, I started tracking the vessel myself as it sailed the ocean.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 5 ( DEC 15 - 21 ) :
On Dec 18 at 6pm, GSL 0914 berthed at Tincan Island Port of Lagos 3 days behind the proposed initial schedule of Dec 14/15.

PRE-ORDER WEEK 6 ( DEC 22 - 28 ) :
Clearing could not be done completely until Dec 22 supposedly because of the Port's worker End-of-Year activities.
Saw the car on Dec 23 & was awed beyond description.
Took delivery of the car on Dec 24 with all papers & drove down to Owerri to continue to Calabar when the charged atmosphere of her carnival has ebbed.
Car performed beyond expectation. It was as if new.
I haven't done anything in the car except fix the Lagos Registration Plates.
Used about 40L of fuel from Lagos to Imo State ( a distance spanning more than 500km ) with intermittent AC use & my poor driving skills having not touched a car since I had accident in June 2014.
Papers were so complete that, at all the check-points where I was stopped by Customs & Nigerian Police Force, they couldn't hold anything against me after rifling through the documents other than asking me to celebrate the car with them.

ASSESSMENTS

KAKAKIBUY :
* Excellent personality & business-acumen. Top-notch.
* Very courteous & polite on phone.
* Constantly gives you feedback & updates.
Eventhough I restricted my communication means with him to Whatsapp, he won't hesitate to call you.
* Fast & speedy service. Got my car to the port within 1week of payment.
* He's trustworthy, reliable & dependable. Why do I say so? I'm not throwing words nor praise-singing. People who know me know that I'm not given to flattery nor unnecessary adulation. In fact, I'm very HARD/DIFFICULT to impress.
I had this fear of not getting the car before 2014 ends which was why I didn't use Issfat ( another excellent Pre-order mistress & car-dealer on Nairaland. You can search her ) because she was unsure of delivering before Dec 31 though she was getting the car from USA or Canada. This was 1 week before I met KAKAKIBUY.
I was taken aback when KAKAKIBUY, not only promised to deliver before Dec 31, but avowed to fulfill my earnest desire of getting it before Dec 25. And he did just that exactly the way he promised.

CAR ( ASIDE THE AFOREMENTIONED FEATURES LISTED UP ) :
* Very clean ( as if new ).
* Manufactured in September 2004 despite VIN of WBAEV11080KK79971 which misled me to think the car was made in 2000 because of the 10th digit which is 0.
* Mileage was already 208,000km instead of the 190,000km advertised.
* Almost new tires on 4 beautiful alloy rims ( 2012 Michelin Primacy All seasons Performance tyres ).
* 6 CD changer & DVD/Navigation player ( yet to figure out where the MP3 interface is ).
* Ice-freezing cold AC.
* All gadgets & electronics working perfectly.
* 2 keys ( almost new-looking ) + 1 valet key.
* Powered Moon-roof
* Engine bay completely new ( thought they installed new engine if not for the VIN which was same as advertised ).
* Has its own array/collection of technician/engineering tools, Fire Extinguisher & C-caution triangular etc.
* Manual was completely in German/Dutch Lang. I had to download online the English manual.
* No evidence of the Wharf-rats activities on the car through-out the 5 days it spent on the port/terminal.
* In fact, the car was excellent scoring 10 on scale of 10.
I'll upload the Naija pictures on Sunday when I have enough data subscription.

ADEXFEM :
* A perfect partner to KAKAKIBUY.
* Very polite on phone too.
* Fair price.
No other offered price was better than 370K of his, except a young man who contacted me via Nairaland PM lobbying that I give the deal to his Clearing-Agent friend at a quoted price of 350K & use it to help him. But, by then, the BOL was already on its way to ADEXFEM, ADEXFEM was recommended by KAKAKIBUY himself & the price difference was just 20K.
Then, I reasoned that unnecessary frugality can be disastrous sometimes.

At the young man, if you are reading this piece, please Sir, don't be angry.
I have your contact details already. I would use or recommend you in the nearest future.

CONCLUSION & SUBMISSION :

KAKAKIBUY is a genuine experienced car-dealer & maestro of pre-order.
He's mastered the art. It seemed as if he took his time to know the nitty-gritty of the trade, judging from the smoothness & ease with which he operated & how the process flowed.
He works with a team of experts both home-based & abroad e.g automobile-technicians, logistics managers, drivers etc.
He uses a seasoned & experienced Clearing + Forwarding Agent whose price is quite very affordable (ADEXFEM).
He knows a lot of German auto-dealers. You may start asking yourself how this is of benefit to you. It is because they may give him a trade-discount as a result of the trust & relationship they have, which you can ultimately take advantage of.
My car cost 3590 Euros with the dealer, which meant that, if not for the trade-discount given to KAKAKIBUY, the cost to put it on ship would have been close to 1.2M.
I'm sure KAKAKIBUY may not like all these info I'm giving but he should please bear with me. It's my life. I'm very plain, sincere & loathe half-truth.
Let me spill everything so that others can learn.
In same vein, I want to believe ADEXFEM gave the last quote of 370K clearing-fee because of the existing relationship between him & KAKAKIBUY, and because KAKAKIBUY was the one that contacted him on my behalf as if he was the one shipping the car. I reasoned that if I had contacted ADEXFEM directly myself to request for the clearing cost, his quoted prices would have been in the range of 400-500K or more.
KAKAKIBUY's service is excellent & speedy. My whole pre-order from the day I paid to when it was cleared was 31days i.e Nov 21 - Dec 22.
He's successfully pre-ordered for more than 3 people on this Nairaland that I know e.g Joker, Tayosmatt etc
He would get you an excellent top-notch car without breaking your bank account/savings.
The Beemer landing cost was 1.35M and, honestly speaking, that car is worth more than 1.8M.
There is a current advert thread in the Auto-section where 3 similar but less rated/loaded car are offered at 1.7M. Mind you that I'm not saying those cars are overpriced.
Honestly, I pitied him at a time because he spent much on Logistics.
That's why I don't believe him saying I put smile on his face. It was the other way round. I don't think he made any significant gain on me.
I paid him a Friday & our current foreign exchange index slid the next Monday before he could convert the fund which was a loss to him. He never complained about it.
He's too professional, & trust me on this, he would wear you out with his frequent/constant communication & updates.
He's very very patient. I know this because, at times, I can be intolerably indecisive, terribly niggardly, worrisomely fixated on a particular thing/choice & can be naggingly impatient.
And to be self-righteous, I exhibited all these nasty traits with him, but never did he respond in any negative manner. No show of pride.
It was as if he took training courses in Management & Behavioral Science.
It's indeed a "point & kill" experience for me.
I pointed & killed a modest but worthy fish.

My fear is that he won't change in the future, but rather, wax more stronger & higher doing what he knows how to do best i.e putting generous sincere smiles on clients' faces.
For the 2nd time in my life & for a longwhile, I acknowledgedly & consciously smiled to myself & I thanked God.
Don't worry, I will tell you the 1st time. It was in April 2003 when it dawned on me then that I had been given admission into University of Ibadan to study Human Medicine & Surgery having spent 3 years at my hostile home seeking admission without any helper or known resource-person except God.

I recommend him to everyone hoping to get an excellent car at an affordable price.
Oga KAKAKIBUY, thank you very very much.
Words, either written or spoken, can't describe nor fully express my profound gratitude & appreciation.
I promise you loads of clients.
One is already with you waiting for 2015 to set in.
I'll proclaim you among my colleagues like the Gospel!!!
Please, kindly don't change for bad.
Don't let greed creep in. It will destroy you.
Slow but steady wins race. It unequivocally builds lasting wealth.
I'll also implore you to get enough sleep & rest.
You are too hardworking & you don't sleep. It won't be nice if you start using the wealth to tend to ill-health in your middle-age when you are supposed to be enjoying the reward of your hard-work.
Thank you once again.

Oga ADEXFEM Sir, thank you too.
Sai Sir!!!!

And to all, thank you all for reading.
Don't forget to get a car through KAKAKIBUY.
He's tested, trusted & in the distinguished league of his own. No one comes close that I know off.

Lastly, if not for our poor & downtrodden economy, affordable cars should be a necessity for all & the cost of owning one should be easy.
No thanks to what our politicians cum devourers have turned it into.
But it's not yet completely over.
There's a man who's been vehement on his idea of correcting the ills of our nation.
This man can make good things of life affordable for majority by executing/implementing sound policies while stamping-out corruption.
Let's give him a chance by voting for him.
He's no other person than GMB.
Please, kindly take note that I'm not a politician nor a campaigner.
Thank you all.
I advice u 2 go & write novels & be famous like achebe,u didnt shew us pics of yur new baby.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Renew fabric upholstery Spraying fabric car seats and carpets with a fabric protectant, such as Scotchgard, will make them resist dirt and stains, and make them easier to clean. Thoroughly clean the fabrics before using one of these products and then test the product on an inconspicuous place to be sure the treatment will not discolor the fabric.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
Beware the wet thumb If you top off your tires at a service station, check to see if there’s moisture coming from the air pump. Simply depress the pin inside the inflator valve with your thumbnail. If your thumb gets wet, advise the station manager that his tanks need to be drained and go to a different station. Moisture, trapped inside a tire, can cause pressure variations and corrode rims.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 2:50am On May 01, 2015
Seal a leaky radiator:Save the high expense of a new radiator by trying to seal a leak with a radiator sealer, such as Alumaseal from Gold Eagle Co. Available in powder or liquid form, the product circulates in the radiator until it gets to the hole, where it sets up and fills the hole upon contact with the air. Alumaseal may be used to stop heater core leaks as well.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2015
Preserve door and window seals Wipe a rubber protectant (such as Armor-All) or silicone on door and window weatherstripping to keep it in good condition. Don’t use an oilbased product, such as WD-40, because the oil will damage the rubber. Regular cleaning and treatment of your car’s weatherstripping will also lessen the likelihood of your door sticking to its rubber seal in cold weather, a common cause of damage to the rubber.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2015
Don’t try to carry too much Never exceed your car’s roof load specifications or weight limits.You can find them in your vehicle owner’s manual. Check the weight limitation of your roof rack as well. Typically the range is from 150 to 200 pounds (68 to 90 kg). That’s the equivalent of eighteen 8-foot 2 x 4s (2.4-meter 38 x 89s) or three sheets of 3/4-inch (17-mm) plywood. If you have to deliver a heavy load from the home or garden center, consider having it delivered. It will save wear and tear on you as well as your car.

Re: Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive by kakakibuy(m): 8:25pm On May 01, 2015
Keep the caps on You step out into driveway ready to start your morning commute only to discover a flat tire. How in the heck did that happen overnight? If the tire valve is missing its cap, the culprit might be a leaky valve. Those little caps keep out dirt and moisture that can cause leaks, so be sure to keep caps on all your tire valves. Another tip: When you replace tires, remind the tire shop that you expect new valves with the tires.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (342) (Reply)

Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? / Cars Successfuly Imported From Cotounu And Delivered With Proofs(photos) / ***Pre-Order Your Dream Car -USA & GERMANY. Exact Costs - No inflated charges***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.