Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

The Pains Of Love! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pains Of Love! (5701 Views)

Bad News ( The Pains Of Joseph Success) / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pains Of Love! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
EazyBoi:
All is well sha. Another update dropping tonight.
eagerly waiting
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
[b] ...continuation

Club Spartacus was located at the pool-side of the Princess luxury hotel. Princess Luxury hotel was one of the biggest in town if not the biggest. The most expensive but its worth it. It was hard to miss. Only people with membership card could go to the bar and the cards were graded ranging from ruby to sapphire to silver to Gold to diamond depending on your purse and, every saturday, the customer who spent the highest amount of money during the week was given Mr. Spartacus or Miss Diana.

Lanre rode towards the gate of the hotel on his bike. He was dressed like he was riding a power-bike. He was wearing a black leather jacket and a black trousers. A pair of black italian leather shoe adorned his feet and a big black helmet protected his head. He got to the gate and stopped. The gateman who had seen him coming came out and stood infront of Lanre. He stuck out his hand and Lanre gave him his silver coloured card which looked like an ATM card.

'Silver' the gateman said and handed the card back to Lanre. He ran a metal detector on Lanre and when he was satisfied, he opened the gate for Lanre who rode in. Lanre had a school-bag strapped to his back and when he had parked his bike, he made his way to the pool-side.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
[b] ...continuation

Lanre walked into the club house, found himself a seat and ordered for a red wine. He was seated at a table surrounded by four chairs but he was the only one seated. He had only sat for thirty minutes when Adeola and her maids walked in. Adeola was the one who caught his attention. She was tall, slim and light-skinned. The short gown she wore exposed her skinny and long legs. Adeola and her maids sat a few metres from Lanre and she was facing his direction which allowed him to take in her feature properly. He suddenly discovered she was a princess from the bead on her wrist when she raised her hand to get the barman's attention.

Lanre quickly opened his bag which was sitting on the chair next to him and he brought out a white cardboard paper which had been cut to a special size of 20-X-20 cm. He fished out a pencil and started his drawing. Such was his gift. He sat properly so he could have a good view of Adeola's face and after about twenty minutes, he had captured Adeola's face in his drawing. He checked his drawing to see if he got it right. Even a layman would knew he got it right. So, satisfied with his work, he beckoned on the barman to come.

'Here, sir' the barman said as soon as he got to Lanre.
'You see that lady over there?' Lanre said in a low tone as he pointed towards Adeola who was moving her hands as if she was telling an involved story.
'Which one of them?' the barman asked.
'The one with the bead on her wrist'
'Yeah. What about her?'
'Kindly help me give this to her'

The barman moved to where the ladies sat holding the picture Lanre had just drawn. He got to them and they stopped talking. They all looked at him inquisitively.
'Sorry to disturb you but I was told to give you this' He said handing the cardboard paper to Adeola who took and examined it. She gasped on discovering that it was a picture of herself drawn with pencil.

'Who told you to give me this?' she asked at last.
'He told me...' the barman said pointing towards Lanre and he was cut short on discovering that Lanre had disappeared.

END OF CHAPTER TWO [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
i want more
Re: The Pains Of Love! by MhizEnkay(f): 6:31am On Dec 28, 2014
prettydiva89:
i want more
I second that
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 28, 2014
MhizEnkay:
I second that
thanks
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
[b] CHAPTER THREE

ADEOLA walked into her room holding the picture she had been given. She was tired and exhausted. She checked her golden wrist-watch for the time. It said 11:30pm. She sat on the edge of her bed and wondered who could have drawn her but she was getting nowhere near any answer. When she was tired of stressing her brain, she laid on the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

About thirty minutes later, Ronke walked into the room to check on her mistress only to find her fast asleep. She moved towards the bed and took the picture laying beside the sleeping princess. She admired the picture and wondered who that artist was. The turning of Adeola in bed coupled with her moans brought Ronke back to reality and she dropped the picture and silently tip-toed out of the room.

Lanre rode into the compound at about 12:00am. Even though he was slightly drunk, he still managed to get himself home. When he had left Club Spartacus, he had gone to another club in town where he had gotten himself drunk a little bit after drawing another picture of the lady he had seen at Club Spartacus. He was so in love with this lady so much he couldn't deny it.

He staggered towards the front door and knocked twice before discovering that the door wasn't locked. He simply turned the lock and pushed the door inward. He went straight to his room and fell asleep as soon as he fell on the bed.

Ten O'clock the following morning met him on his bed. He was awakened by the frantic knocks of his mum on his door. He simply ignored the knocks and went straight to the bathroom to take a much needed shower after which he got himself dressed up. That was when he unlocked the door but he did not open the door. He opened his window and allowed in the fresh early morning sun. He was a little bit relieved. He looked out and took in the beautiful landscape. The voice of his mother calling him to breakfast brought him back to reality. He went to the dining area and swept the table with his eyes before sitting down to enjoy the sumptuous meal. After the meal, he went into the garden for another day's work.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
[b] ...continuation

Lanre was busy painting a picture he cherished so much when his mother came from behind. He had almost finished the painting, he was just doing some finishing works at the edges of the painting. He didn't bother to look back when he heard the footsteps. He knew whose footsteps they were.

'Lanre, what is this you're doing?' Mrs. Olakunle asked.
'It's what gives me joy' Lanre didn't bother to look back.
'You've been here all day painting. Painting what in particular?'
Lanre hesitated before answering. He took in a deep breath and said,
'My love, Mum'
'Your what?' Mrs. Olakunle was surprised. She had taken care of this young man for more than twenty-eight years and she had never heard him talk about love.
'My love. Mum, look at the picture. Isn't she beautiful?' Lanre's question brought her back to the matter at hand. She regarded the painting for the first time since she came to the garden. On seeing the picture, her eyes opened as wide as saucers and she gave it her full attention. For close to thirty seconds, she looked on and,
'Oh, this lady!' escaped from her lips.
'Do you know her?' Lanre asked.
'Yes, the lady at the hospital that I told you about'
'Oh, what a coincidence!' Lanre smiled.

After one minute of silence, Lanre stood up, took in a deep breath and said,
'Mum, don't get yourself worked up. She may not end up being mine 'cause I've not made my intention known to her. I just met her last night'
'Oh!' Mrs. Olakunle said, turned and walked back into the house.

Adeola walked away from the dining area and went straight to her room. She had just finished her lunch which she really enjoyed. It was prepared by Feyisara specially for her. Whenever she wanted to eat an extra-delicious meal, she allowed Feyisara to cook and gave the cook the day off without her parent's knowledge. Feyisara was always delighted to cook for the family and she always looked forward to the day the princess would give her the permission.

Adeola walked into her room and her picture given to her by the barman stared at her. When she woke up that morning, she had hung the picture on the wall at an angle where noone entering her room could miss it. The picture spoke doubly about her beauty. She stood beside the picture and thought,
'Who could this mysterious artist be?' not knowing she was thinking aloud.
'Don't worry, your majesty, you'll meet him someday' A voice said from behind her.

Adeola was stunned. She looked back and saw Ronke. She didn't know she had left the door open and she didn't know when Ronke walked in. Ronke had a way of sneaking in on her whenever she was deep in thought.
'How did you know the painter is a 'he'?' Adeola asked after recovering from her shock.
'Didn't you remember what the barman said?' Ronke asked. ' "He told me..." ' She continued, mimicking the barman.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Psalmology(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
I don book space for here. Nice one. Next update plzzz...
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
Psalmology:
I don book space for here. Nice one. Next update plzzz...
Why space booking
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
[b] ...continuation

'Love me. Love me. Say that you love me...'
Justin Bieber's ''Love me'' was blaring loudly from the home-theater in the Olakunle's sitting room. Mrs. Olakunle, Lanre's mum, was in the sitting room mending a torn clothe. She was moving her head rythmically in response to the tune. She had been doing this for the past thirty minutes.

Lanre was just coming out of his room whistling and as soon as he heard the song, he stopped whistling and inclined his head to one side as he listened with rapt attention and when he was doubly sure what he had heard, he moved towards the sitting room and sighting his mother, he smiled. Standing quietly behind his mother, he touched her on the shoulder making her jump with fear but as soon as she saw him, she smiled.

'Ah! Lanre, I almost jumped out of my skin' she said still smiling.
'Grammatical rubbish. How can one jump out of his skin?' he replied.
'You and this your amusing remarks'
Lanre suddenly became serious.
'Ehn, Ehn, mum. You know that lady?'
'The one you drew?'
'Yeah, do you know her name?'
She frowned, 'Well, I don't know. I only met her at the hospital but it seems she is a princess'
'Yeah,' Lanre was a little disappointed, 'I know she's a princess'

After almost a minute of ruminating, he suddenly jumped up and clicked his heels.
'I know what to do. I've got an idea'
'What idea?' Mrs. Olakunle asked.
'Never mind, mum' he replied with a wave of his right hand.
'Hmmm, men and their ''never mind'' thingy'

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by adegwurulez(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eazyboi this is great. There is something about the way you write. So simple yet intellectually deep. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Love! by BestInDeeWorld: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
adegwurulez:
Eazyboi this is great. There is something about the way you write. So simple yet intellectually deep. Keep it up.
I concur, the biggest boss.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
[b] CHAPTER FOUR

AS the hands of the clock was striking 4:00pm, Adeola stormed out of her room with a frown on her face and she almost ran into Feyisara who was rushing to her room to do the princess's bidding. It was a culture in the Johnson's house for the maids to rush to their master's or mistress's room whenever they heard the door open. It was part of the training they had recieved during their early days with the Johnsons. They were taught never to make themselves scarce in the house. That was how it has been with the ancestors of King Adekunle Johnson and he had followed their footsteps without an exception.

With King Johnson being a graduate of history from the university of Ibadan before going to the University of Lagos to study engineering after which he went to Birmingham university for his masters degree in civil engineering, he was very much interested in culture especially the yoruba culture wanting to live and behave in the way of his ancestors.

'Where are you rushing to?' Adeola asked Feyisara.
'To do the princess's bidding, your majesty' Feyisara replied.
'Oh, and you almost knocked me down'
'I'm so sorry ma but, don't mind my curiosity, you look a little disturbed. What is the matter?'
'I've been thinking for some time now'
'On what, your majesty?'

By this time they had been moving towards the family sitting room.
'Thinking about the mysterious artist'
'Oh!' Feyisara's face broke into a smile, 'The princess shouldn't disturb herself on such things'
They got to the sitting room and Adeola sat down while Feyisara stood beside her.

'Why shouldn't I?' Adeola asked after swooshing out a deep breath.
Feyisara had no reply to that. She only looked up and rolled her eyes in frustration.
This whole 'Artist and picture' thingy was getting in the way of the princess's thinking. It appears the princess had a very tender heart. People like that were very difficult to reason with. If you should advice them too much, especially on romantic stuffs, you would be overloading their heart and, if care isn't taken, they would go from happy to miserable within a short time which could be very disastrous.

Feyisara was busy searching for what to say when Adeola jumped out of her seat and headed straight to her room while Feyisara scurried after her and when Adeola had almost reached her room, she turned and regarded Feyisara. She drew breath and said,
'I'm going out tonight, to look for that artist and until I find him, I won't be coming back home'
'Do you need Ronke and I to follow you or I alone?' Feyisara asked.
'None of you will be following me. In fact, I'm driving myself' And, with that, she entered her room and slammed the door in Feyisara's face making her feel like an outcast.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by BestInDeeWorld: 2:01am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year, y'all.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
[b] ...continuation.

21:30 of the clock met Adeola in her car. She had been driving around town for close to four hours looking for what she hadn't lost. To a right thinking man, looking for someone you've never seen or someone whose name you don't know would be a futile search. It was like searching for a pin in a river or stream. But to Adeola, she believed she could find the mysterious artist even though she had never seen him. She believed she could do all things through christ that strenghtens her. She was so determined to find him by all means at her disposal.

It's been four days now that she had been given the picture by the barman. She had gone to Princess luxury hotel's club to search for the artist. She asked the barman for the identity of the man and she was told that he was tall, slim, light-skinned and hairy. The barman even added that he hadn't been to the bar since the day he had drawn that picture Adeola cherished so much. She left the bar for a search around town but all to no avail. She was still driving when she heard music blaring from loudspeakers. She drove towards the source of the music and she saw a three storey building on top of which was decked with rails protecting people from falling off the building. It was on top of the building that music was coming from. She drove towards the gate which was opened for her by the gateman who allowed her in without any interrogation. Without much ado, she found herself a parking space and got herself to the top of the building.

On getting to the top, she saw people having fun. Some of them dancing while others were at the tables with their lovers taking one drink or two. A desk jockey was on hand to play music for them. Loudspeakers were stationed at special angles. Adeola bought herself a bottle of wine, acquired a glass cup and decided to make herself comfortable by the rail. Instead of sitting, she stood and rested her hands on the rail while occasionally sipping from her cup of wine. From her vantage position, she could see the city lit up by electricity. She checked her wrist-watch, it said 22:50.

She had temporarily forgotten what she was looking for.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2015
[b] CHAPTER FIVE

'Feyisara! Feyisara!' shouted Queen Atinuke Johnson as she moved out of Adeola's room with long fast strides.
'Yes ma'am. Here I am' Feyisara said scurrying after the Queen.
'Where is Adeola?' the queen asked without breaking strides.
'Is she not in her room?' Feyisara asked with feigned surprise.
'Don't ask me such silly question 'cause you know full well that she isn't around' the queen blurted in anger.
'I'm sorry, ma. I didn't know when she left the house but she said something about going to look for someone and that she wouldn't be coming back home until she finds him'

Queen Atinuke Johnson suddenly stopped dead in her track and she turned to regard Feyisara who was panting. Even though there was bright light, the queen still blinked owlishly.
'You said she was going to look for someone' the queen repeated to make sure she heard correctly.
'Yes ma'am'
'Who?'
'I don't know him. But the truth is that the mysterious man drew her picture and sent it to her. Since then, she had been acting somehow'
'Why didn't you tell me all this before?'
'I'm sorry ma. I didn't know it would get to this'
'Just go back to your post' the queen dismissed her with a wave of her hand as she scooped up her phone. She tried Adeola's number several times but the operator kept telling her that the number was switched off. She dropped the phone in frustration and sat down. She was so disturbed but, after ten minutes, all that was relegated to its normal position when she fell asleep.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Komzzy1(f): 10:40am On Jan 02, 2015
Nice story but the updates are too short
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Psalmology(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
I'm feeling your story. Please update as much as possible. Me likey. Kudos to you
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Komzzy1:
Nice story but the updates are too short
I'm so sorry. I'll try nd improve.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Psalmology:
I'm feeling your story. Please update as much as possible. Me likey. Kudos to you
Thanks my big boss. I'll improve.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2015
[b] ...continuation

'It's a beautiful view' came the masculine voice from behind Adeola. She had been staring on like that for more than one hour now. She turned and regarded the person who had ran into her thoughts. As she turned, her eyes fell on a tall, slim, light-skinned and hairy man who came to stand by her and he also rested his hands on the rail and stared ahead.

'What is?' Adeola asked at last.
'Looking at a lit up city from somewhere high' he replied.
'Yeah' Adeola managed to reply.
'It seems as if a painter should just capture the city in his paintings' he continued wanting to keep up with the convo.

Adeola suddenly took interest in what he was saying. She turned slightly unwaradr him and said,
'You sound as if you could do that'
'May be I could'
'May I know your name?' Adeola probed.
'Right after you tell me yours'
'Ok, I'm Adeola by name'
'Hmmm, seems you're a princess'
'You haven't told me your name'
'It's Lanre'
'Are you an artist?'
Lanre frowned and said,
'Sorry to derail, your majesty, but why the question?'
Adeola went ahead to narrate to him what happened four nights ago at the Princess luxury hotel's clubside. How a mysterious artist had drawn her and sent the drawing to her. She concluded by showing him the picture and asking him if he was the one or if he knew anyone who could do such.

For close to thirty seconds he was speechless as he looked down. Adeola was wondering if he heard her when he looked up and said,
'All my life, right from childhood, I've been taught never to tell lies whether to a stranger or not so I would tell you point blank,' he looked into her eyes and continued, 'I drew the picture and I'm sorry for all the pains you've passed through 'cause of it' his head dropped.
Adeola breathed a sigh of relief and asked,
'But why?'
He looked at her face again and said,
'It's matter of the heart'
'Matter of the heart' Adeola was puzzled.
'Since the first day I set my eyes on you which was four nights ago, I had fallen in love with you' his head dropped again.
Adeola was surprised with her mouth wide open as she looked on without blinking.

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by Psalmology(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2015
Gbagaun!!! the sound of love bell beckons with impending sorrow and pain peeping from not far away distance. I welcome Adeola and Lanre to an unforgettable LOVE adventure in the diary of their various life. It works like magic...

Well done, Easyboi. Next!!!!!!!
Re: The Pains Of Love! by adegwurulez(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
BestInDeeWorld:
I concur, the biggest boss.
Happy new year to you and every other follower of this great piece.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
[b] ...continuation

The red toyota matrix car moved back as Lanre stood and waved to the occupant and when the car had moved out of view, he moved towards the house and knocked. The door was opened by his mother who looked at him inquisitively but Lanre ignored the look and walked in moving towards his room.
'Lanre, this life you're living isn't good at all'
His mother said and he turned back.
'What is bad about the life I'm living?'
'Everything is bad. You look at the time'
Lanre checked the wall block. The time was 20:10.
'For the past two weeks, you've been coming home late' his mother continued.
'Mum, it's ten O'clock. That's not late'
'What about the times you came home very late? Sometimes, well into the morning'
Lanre smiled.
'Mum, you'll soon understand' and with that, he walked into his room.

It is true that 'at the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet'. Lanre, who had never written a single poem before had, all of a sudden, become a poet. Having several poems to his credit. His mother always admired his poems because it was romantic. For the past four weeks, Adeola and Lanre had grown fond of each other. Many times, Lanre's mother was awakened by Lanre's laughter as he was having a night call with his beloved.

But something bothered him about her and whenever he thought about it, his countenance always changes as he would be very sad. The fact that he would loose her always disturbs him a lot. But, his belief as a christian taught him that nothing is impossible with God. He believes there is always a solution to the problem even though he had never seen one.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE. [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by EazyBoi(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
[b] CHAPTER SIX

'No mount's too high for you to climb. All you have to do is have some climbing faith...' Celine Dion {ft. R.kelly's} 'I'm your angel' was playing on the home theater in the Olakunle's sitting room and Lanre was moving rythmically. His mum was in the kitchen cooking one of her delicious meal which Lanre enjoyed so much.

'Hmmm delicious!' Lanre murmured as he ate a piece of biscuit from the plate placed on the centre table. He enjoyed eating such things. One of his favourite saying was 'nothing is better than a good meal preceded by a plate of cookies' and that was what he normally does. Before eating, he would have filled himself half-way with cookies. It may be biscuits, chocolates or sweets.

Some thirty minutes later, his mum joined him in the sitting room announcing that she had set the table. They both sat and talked for another ten minutes when Lanre's mother said,
'Did you hear that?' and stood up.
Lanre, grabbing the home theater's remote and turning down the volume, asked, 'What?'
'I thought I heard a knock. Let me go and check' she went to open the door only to find a beautifully dressed lady standing at the door. She was putting on a blue gown and blue beads adorned her wrists and neck. In fact, she was graceful in her dressing. To Mrs. Olakunle, she looks like an angel. She was breathless for some seconds as she seems to go into a trance. Only Lanre's question of 'Who's there?' brought her back into the real world.
'It's...'
'Adeola!' the visitor interrupted.

That was when she remembered that she had seen this angel once before. Moving out of the way, she said,
'Come in, my daughter'

Lanre was already on his feet looking at the doorway open-mouthed. As soon as he saw the visitor, his face broke into a broad grin as he mouthed the word 'love'. Noticing the way his mother stared at Adeola, he asked,
'Mum, she seems familiar to you, isn't she?'
'Yes. The lady at the hospitat' his mum replied.
'Is that true?' Adeola asked.
'Of course'
'Please, have your seat, your majesty' Lanre broke into the conversation.
'What can I offer you?' Mrs. Olakunle asked as soon as Adeola sat down.
'Thanks ma. I'm ok'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes ma'am'
'And, thanks for the other day at the hospital'
'Oh, it's nothing ma'
'Please excuse me. I need to get something from my room' Lanre said and stood up leaving the two women to talk. As soon as he closed the door of his room, he burst into tears!!!

TBC [/b]
Re: The Pains Of Love! by kingphilip(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
easyboi nice piece of art u have here.. please come n continue it
Re: The Pains Of Love! by toykathy(f): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
eazyboi, why did u abandon dis beautiful piece? Come n continue biko, cant wait to read more. And why ws lanre cryn? I need to knw abeg.
Re: The Pains Of Love! by oly0511(f): 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
nice story u got here but why didn't you finish the story

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Magi / Yoruba Language-history / The Most Amazing Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.