Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Help! Wrong Fuelling. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Wrong Fuelling. (1743 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Sport Doesn't Start Easily After Fuelling / Fuelling 101: Proven Ways To Avoid Fuel Stations’ Rip-off! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 12:24am On Dec 27, 2014
Hello house.
I just received a 2004 Ssangyong Rexton diesel engine. Not very used to diesel engined passenger car and pressuming it was a petrol engine, I erroneously filled it with petrol and drove drove on petrol from the port before it stalled in Ikeja.
Having flushed the system, efforts to restart has been unsucessful. I need help from experts in the house. Need to be sure of what exactly to do before allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to start fiddling with it.
Please help out. Thanks
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by kingseric22(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2014
Ok
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2014
You'll need to replace the filter, and also have the diesel common rail flushed too. I believe this is a Mercedes-Benz engine. What exactly is the vehicle badged as? I want to determine what engine type it is.

The tank will then require at least 10 litres of diesel, and of course the fuel system will require bleeding, to remove air, otherwise the engine will NOT start. If the pump won't prime, then it may need new seals, as gasoline degrades them, preventing suction.

Try the above first, BEFORE touching the pump, and if the engine still fails to start, please post here, and I'll try talking you through the process, and ask you some more questions.

1 Like

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by lonelydora: 3:22am On Dec 27, 2014
Too bad, they should have written 'Diesel' on the fuel tank door.

1 Like

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by AutosBay(m): 8:11am On Dec 27, 2014
Depending on the amount you should never have started it at all.
The diesel pumps are lubricated by the diesel itself and petrol will not do that so it could cause them to fail if there is too much petrol in it.
To deal with it you need a speciaist as the fuel removed has to be dealt with properly
The problem - its a diesel and it will not run on petrol. If there is too much petrol getting in then it will literally blow up the engine.

Source: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130607041855AAIXkpD
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08am On Dec 27, 2014
AutosBay:
The diesel pumps are lubricated by the diesel itself and petrol will not do that so it could cause them to fail if there is too much petrol in it.
To deal with it you need a speciaist as the fuel removed has to be dealt with properly
The problem - its a diesel and it will not run on petrol. If there is too much petrol getting in then it will literally blow up the engine.

Another nonsense from autosbay.

6 Likes

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by bravolad(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

I feel the autosbay is a spam because there's no originality in all his posts; just copy & paste. I don't bother reading his posts.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 11:58am On Dec 27, 2014
@Siena
The vehicle is badged Ssangyong Rexton. I hope this is what you meant?
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
@Siena
I just sent you a BBM request
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by colossus2: 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
AutosBay:

I guess you failed to read his story....laughs at "blow up the engine"
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2014
automine:
@Siena
I just sent you a BBM request

Thanks. I'll accept, and respond to your query.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by colossus2: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
Siena:

Thanks. I'll accept, and respond to your query.
It would be fair to respond to query here also sir as some of us here are learning embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by lonelydora: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
AutosBay:

You will never cease to amaze me

1 Like

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
colossus2:

It would be fair to respond to query here also sir as some of us here are learning embarassed

You are correct sir. My response will be posted here.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by colossus2: 8:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Siena:

You are correct sir. My response will be posted here.
Okay...thanks sire smiley
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Good day house
I've had some guy to check up the car but it isn't still starting. Was told the ECU isn't communicating with the fuel system.
Still on the lookout for someone to help.
Thanks.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
automine:
Good day house
I've had some guy to check up the car but it isn't still starting. Was told the ECU isn't communicating with the fuel system.
Thanks.

Before you mess the car so badly and create a thread about conversion to pertrol, calm down and READ through what siena has offered for free.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

grin Please don't kill me with laughter here.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by DECOtech(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
automine:
Good day house
Thanks.

Are you still looking elsewhere for "automobile soothsayers" when you already have Siena's attention?

How can they explain ECU is keeping malice with fuel system when you drove the car up to Ikeja on wrong fuel?

1 Like

Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
bravolad:

I feel the autosbay is a spam because there's no originality in all his posts; just copy & paste. I don't bother reading his posts.

Not sure why Seun can't just code an ignore user feature on this site.

It will be far useful for me more than the other subtle useless (to me at least) stuff that he's been adding the past few weeks.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
DECOtech:

Are you still looking elsewhere for "automobile soothsayers" when you already have Siena's attention?

[b]How can they explain ECU is keeping malice with fuel system when you drove the car up to Ikeja on wrong fuel?

The vehicle had to be towed after stalling at Ikeja and has refused to start eversince.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by DECOtech(m): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
automine:

The vehicle had to be towed after stalling at Ikeja and has refused to start eversince.

Ok, calm down for Siena's reply. If you can't do it on your own and you need help, you can contact me. I stay around Egbeda.
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by automine(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hello everybody
Thanks for all your contributions. Finally, the vehicle has been fixed and now running. Appreciate your inputs
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by DECOtech(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2015
automine:
Hello everybody
Thanks for all your contributions. Finally, the vehicle has been fixed and now running. Appreciate your inputs

Weldone bro.

Enjoy ur ride
Re: Help! Wrong Fuelling. by mayor2013: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2015
automine:
Hello everybody

What solved the problem?

(1) (Reply)

Pls Car Gurus Advice If My Fuel Economy Is Ok Or Not / Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue / Buying Station Wagon From Contonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.