Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,461 members, 7,823,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis (2178 Views)

DrSid Responds To His Leaked Conversation About D'banj With Davido / Don Jazzy Talks About D'banj | Talent Hunt | Dating Tiwa Salvage | On The Juice / What Would You Like 2 Know About D'banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by abysirius(m): 10:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
(Ayo Shonaiya is D’banj’s legal adviser and he has come out to speak on the ‘bashing’ of the Kokomaster in the media: Instagram)

With the recent debt allegations levelled against Kokomaster, D’banj and his silence on the issue, a close ally of the DB Records boss has come out to bare his mind on the issue.

Ayo Shonaiya is a filmmaker, Lawyer, record label executive and renowned artiste manager who once managed the legendary Fuji king, K1 and was one of those reputed to have orchestrated the move that brought D’banj and Don Jazzy back to Nigeria in 2004.

Responding to NET’s request for an interview with D’banj on the allegations, Ayo Shonaiya wrote: ‘Of course, like most people, I have read quite a lot of reports and allegations against D’banj in recent weeks, and also all the comments on blogs and magazines. I am not speaking for D’banj, but personally I think it’s just a case of attempted image slandering.

‘D’banj is an artiste and also a businessman. In business there’s bound to be disputes about money, investment, shares, partnership and ownership etc. And yes some cases do go to court. What I don’t understand here is why all the stuff I’ve been hearing is playing out on the pages of blogs and magazines, you know why? Because that is the intention.

‘So are you telling me in Nigeria when you want to take the other party to court in a dispute, you do it through a ‘media broker’? Even the supposed Writ from the High Court posted on the report did not have a date, signature, seal or name of the judge who granted the Summons, or no one noticed that? Or is the D’banj hating so crazy it has clouded the media’s objectivity?

‘If D’banj has not responded in the media, it’s because there’s no case to answer in the media, or at least not until he has been served legally and properly. Or maybe the secondary intention is to pull him out to make a media statement or grant interviews and they begin to pick on his every word and twist it, thus achieving their objective anyway. Or if he doesn’t respond, the public will say it is because he’s guilty? Or really, maybe they have been hearing of the Beats By Dre deal, or 10th anniversary album coming, or that he’s about to star in feature films and they just want to knock him off and peg him down, or ultimately as we say in Nigeria, they want to ‘spoil market’ for him and kill his brand so that other people won’t do business with him anymore? Why?’

While not totally saying reports of business deals gone sour are false, Ayo is of the opinion that it is a matter of the music star’s tenacity and the size of his brand that the business dealings came to be in the first place.

‘Real business people know what is what, they do business with D’banj because they know the power of his image and his brand. I’m assuming this is why these same people chose to invest in business with him in the first place, and not a loan as it is made out to be. Real business heads see through the attempted media witch hunt, this is why D’banj is still soaring high despite all these allegations. All the other extra ‘Jara’ stories added on about money owed to other people is just silly.

‘2015 is going to be a big year for D’banj. New music, a video series, Beats By Dre, Agriculture, feature films and much more. I’ve told him the hating has just started, but Winning Takes Care Of Everything. thenet.ng/2014/12/net-exclusive-ayo-shonaiya-reacts-to-recent-bashing-of-dbanj-in-the-media/

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by waleadex(m): 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
It's always like that when you're extraordinary in your own field. This man said it all. Dbanj is such a matured mind to have remained silent on the issue, thereby avoiding more media stunt. Though 2014 is not such a great year for him music wise but there's a kinda hatred for him.

May 2015 be a great year for us all.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by obiZEAL(m): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Does this means he is not broke?
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by abysirius(m): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
obiZEAL:
You mean you don't know what slander means?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
Moderator in all fairness put this post on front page....dbanj image was serioisly tarnished here on NL. please do him this favour.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by obiZEAL(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
abysirius:
You mean you don't know what slander means?
It means i need a summarised version
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
obiZEAL:
I no fit laff
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
waleadex:
It's always like that when you're extraordinary in your own field. This man said it all. Dbanj is such a matured mind to have remained silent on the issue, thereby avoiding more media stunt. Though 2014 is not such a great year for him music wise but there's a kinda hatred for him.

May 2015 be a great year for us all.
U̶̲̥̅ just saved m̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥ from typing

1 Like

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by mandhip: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2014
I knew from onset that is pure attempted image slandering , Nigerian and pull him down syndrome. God bless Ayo Shonaya for educating ignorant and biased folks on nairaland. Dbanj is such a mature guy that knows wattsup that's why he remains unperturbed by their rumor.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by alaoeri: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Only the gullible ones will believe the thrash written against D'banj that he has gone broke & even his landlord will soon evict him which is the handy work of mischieve makers, they are just beefing the guy success, they never believe that the guy will still be relevant post mo'hit, despite not singing hit bangers dude is still gracing big shows eg he performed at the grand finale of big brother 2014, Aso rock banquet hall during agroprenuer initiatives etc D'banj is a pround house owner not only in Nigeria but USA Atlanta to be precise, no wonder oritsefemi said he will jump at any slight chance offer by D'banj to join his record label due to his brand & connections, mischieve makers will be surprise next year due to what he's brewing.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Afrok(m): 2:28am On Dec 28, 2014
Well I never gave a damn about the whole dept issues, just that will this reduce the price of Koko garri in the market? Pesin nid to upgrade from garri Ijebu to Koko garri come 2015 cheesy.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Jayloy: 3:53am On Dec 28, 2014
Music fame is transient and how soon most peeps recognize that the better for them. The future goes beyond singing hit songs that will top all available charts, that won't happen always. The future is actually in the power of your brand. How marketable is it. What connections can it get for you and the likes. This I see D banj has gotten and will not be taken away from him. Despite not singing major hits this year he has made more appearances and affiliations than most.
D banj in ted, d banj in biz with big shots, even the president was rocking his beat by dre.... the benefits this affiliations alone can give you is worth many hits. People should stop hating the guy pls... hatred has made our ears to be too itchy about news concerning him thus his relevance.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Leboska(m): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2014
Thank God that stupid story is not true, but why all this hating now but them never see any thing this is just the begining.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by missdebs(f): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2014
llllliiieeezzzzzzz
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by winningbt: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2014
OK
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by tonyxxx(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2014
A brand like dbanj can't suddenly go broke overnight.... It would take a whole lot more than image slandering to achieve that.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by lilmaydee(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2014
Some people dey pray make u(d'banj) fall. Why? Olorun maje oo. Koni baje fun ee. Olorun maje Olorun maje Olorun maje kode nibaje ooo.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by 100Cents: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2014
After all the big English, is he owing or not ?

Let him settle his obligations if yes...
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by 100Cents: 11:30am On Dec 28, 2014
Leboska:
Thank God that stupid story is not true, but why all this hating now but them never see any thing this is just the begining.

Beginning of what ?

Let me tell you one thing. Anyone who is characteristic of having problems with people in business is an unreliale person and conman. Stories hardly start flying. There is no smoke without fire.

Let him go and pay if he is owing.

Its like coming to naiaralnd to say I am owing you when we have never met or done any deal. I will just come online and call you mumu and it will end there because there was no deal. But D banj case is different.
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Ziggyzito(m): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2014
obiZEAL:
how on earth will d'banj go broke
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Ziggyzito(m): 2:31am On Dec 29, 2014
tonyxxx:
A brand like dbanj can't suddenly go broke overnight.... It would take a whole lot more than image slandering to achieve that.
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by IamOpemipo(m): 4:52am On Dec 29, 2014
Dem say na Dr Sid start dt rumour lipsrsealed

Na joke o[size=8pt][/size] grin
Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by Codedrock(m): 5:06am On Dec 29, 2014
100Cents:

Beginning of what ?

Let me tell you one thing. Anyone who is characteristic of having problems with people in business is an unreliale person and conman. Stories hardly start flying. There is no smoke without fire.

Let him go and pay if he is owing.

Its like coming to naiaralnd to say I am owing you when we have never met or done any deal. I will just come online and call you mumu and it will end there because there was no deal. But D banj case is different.
KINDLY CLICK LIKE IF YOU THINK THIS GUY IS A MUMU..

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About D'banj's Alleged Debt Crisis by 100Cents: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2014
Codedrock:

KINDLY CLICK LIKE IF YOU THINK THIS GUY IS A MUMU..

D banj broda

Borrow pose

(1) (Reply)

See Photo Of US Rapper The Game Looking Dapper In Our Traditional Outfit / Wizkid And Phyno Boards Private Jet To Durban For MAMA / 10 Nigerian Celebrities We Don’t Want To See Na'ked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.