Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December (1685 Views)

Poll: Who wins on Saturday?

Tottenham Hotspurs: 50% (3 votes)
Manchester United: 50% (3 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 20th March 2016 / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal ( 0 - 2) On 13th December 2015 / Arsenal Vs Newcastle (4 - 1) oN 13th December 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Cristalz(f): 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2008
Tottenham Hotspurs host defending Champions Manchester United at White Hart Lane on Saturday, 17.30 GMT. That's 6.30pm Nigerian time.

Manchester United are currently 3rd on the table with 31 points, while Tottenham are 15th with 18 points. United seek a win to rise further up on the table above Chelsea and table-toppers Liverpool.

This game promises to be very intense.  .  .Berbatov is still doubtful for the team going to White Hart Lane, Carrick too. United will be missing Evra and Rooney (match bans), including the names on the injured list. Paul Scholes is back on the team though.  .  .seems likely that SAF will call on his skill and experience for this clash.

Dirty Harry will be most anxious to prove a point tomorrow.

Don't miss this people.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by RuuDie(m): 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
I can only pray. . . . . .
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by manmustwac(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
Well of course spurs are going to win, but if you red devils are lucky you could escape from the lane with a draw smiley
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by edoyad(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
Cristalz:

Tottenham Hotspurs host defending Champions Manchester United at White Hart Lane on Saturday, 17.30 GMT. That's 6.30pm Nigerian time.

This game promises to be very intense. . .Berbatov is still doubtful for the team going to White Hart Lane, Carrick too. United will be missing Evra and Rooney (match bans), including the names on the injured list. Paul Scholes is back on the team though. . .seems likely that SAF will call on his skill and experience for this clash.

Dirty Harry will be most anxious to prove a point tomorrow.

And so the capt. of the sinking sub cries
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Cristalz(f): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2008
edoyad:

And so the capt. of the sinking sub cries

So the delusional, hopeless fan of a rapidly dying club thinks grin

Go mourn on your thread. . . tongue
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by tkb417(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
this game will be hard. how i wish carrick will be playing
i want Anderson and scholes to start in the midfield, Ronaldo to square Tevez at the front, Nani and park to run things from the flanks

we'll win 2-1 by Gods grace
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by doyin13(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2008
as much as i wish tottenham at least get a draw, i am not very optimistic.

by the way. . . . . .you know that spurs left back. assou-ekoto or sumfin

useless useless player. can't believe he is keeping Gilberto out of the side.

watch out for modric though. . . . . this game might suit him
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by tkb417(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
as much as i wish tottenham at least get a draw, i am not very optimistic.

by the way. . . . . .you know that spurs left back. assou-ekoto or sumfin

useless useless player. can't believe he is keeping Gilberto out of the side.

watch out for modric though. . . . . this game might suit him
so whats ur prediction for tmr?
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ndumart: 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2008
tkb417:

this game will be hard. how i wish carrick will be playing
i want Anderson and scholes to start in the midfield, Ronaldo to square Tevez at the front, Nani and park to run things from the flanks
we'll win 2-1 by Gods grace

Tkb, I really hope we win but the idea on Nani playing doesnt suit me at all. That boy is yet to mature and its saddening.
I equally wish Ron, Berb and carrick will be fit to feature in the game. We need to win this game to keep tabson chelsea and liverpool
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by tkb417(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
Tkb, I really hope we win but the idea on Nani playing doesnt suit me at all. That boy is yet to mature and its saddening.
I equally wish Ron, Berb and carrick will be fit to feature in the game. We need to win this game to keep tabson chelsea and liverpool

ND Baba
i really want Carrick to play that game. that dude single handedly won 2 games for us. He hit the shot b4 Rooney tapped in the goal against City and against Sunderland, he hit the bar b4 Vida scored.
thats the man. thats the kinda player i wanna see. i dont care if any other person isnt playin
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ndumart: 8:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
tkb417:

ND Baba
i really want Carrick to play that game. that dude single handedly won 2 games for us. He hit the shot before Rooney tapped in the goal against City and against Sunderland, he hit the bar before Vida scored.
thats the man. thats the kind of player i want to see. i don't care if any other person isnt playin
Honestly, Carrick is in a very good form right now and he's absence will be felt. I PRAY he shakes off the knock and plays tomorrow. We cannot afford to miss him.

I hope Scholes or Anderson pairs him in the centre. Scholes Preferably.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Sauron1: 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2008
ndumart:

Defence: Rafael, Vida, Rio, O'Shea

Midfield: Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Park

Attack: Ronaldo Berbatov.

Park to sit in front of O'Shea so they can double up on Bentley/Lennon.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ndumart: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2008
sauron
Is that the team for tmrw? It better not be.

Oshea? That guy is a necessary evil, we just have to deal accept it. I would prefer Evans at LB instead of Oshea.

Rio- I learnt Rio has a 50-50 chance of playing tmrw as he did his back against Aab. I hope he gets to play.

Nani should start from the bench, he holds on to the ball for too long and can't keep his shots down. I just don't fancy his style of play.

Ronaldo should play from the flanks while Tevez partners Berba.

If the team above is ur opinion, i will prefer

Rafael Rio Vida Evans

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Park

Tevez Berbatov
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Sauron1: 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2008
Can Evans play as a LB??
U want Lennon and Bentley to damage Evans' career prematurely?? U gotta be kidding me.
O'Shea is a better LB defender than Evans IMO. . . . . . .
If we can station park ahead of O'Shea, the Korean would help by doubling up on whoever Harry puts there.

I don't want Tevez to start. . . . . .We cannot afford to start the whole CALVARY.
What if we need to bring out something different in the closing stages. . . . .Who are we gonna PLAY??
Berbatov or Tevez must start from the bench. . . . . .
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ndumart: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2008
Oshea isnt any better.
I would have preferred Tevez and berbatov starting tomorrow. Ronaldo will be isolated if he plays upfront. That leaves the midfield kinda vulnerable. Park would be helping out Oshea defensively cos leaving Lennon or Bently with Oshea can be catastrophic. And with Park helping Oshea out, the Outside left is less potent.

But with Ronaldo playing on either flank,he will peg their defenders and midfielders back to their own half allowing us utilize other options.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Sauron1: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2008
ndumart:

Oshea isnt any better.
I would have preferred Tevez and berbatov starting tomorrow. Ronaldo will be isolated if he plays upfront. That leaves the midfield kind of vulnerable. Park would be helping out Oshea defensively because leaving Lennon or Bently with Oshea can be catastrophic. And with Park helping Oshea out, the Outside left is less potent.
But with Ronaldo playing on either flank,he will peg their defenders and midfielders back to their own half allowing us utilize other options.

At least we know O'Shea has played there countless times and can hold his own in a hostile environment like White Shit Lane.

Ronaldo cannot be isolated if we play Nani and Park on the wings. . . . .Either of the 3 can drift inwards if Ronaldo decides to hug the touchline.
This is a match made for Darren Fletcher but the problem with Berbatov/Fletcher compared to Anderson/Tevez is the urgency.
The South Americans add urgency to our game play. . . . .They are more direct and they get the best out of the strikers with sharp passes.
We can do Tottenham. . . . . .An early goal would bring em out like ants and with Ronaldo upfront, we would kill em with counter-attacks.

P.S. Tottenham have loads of tall defenders. . . . . .How would diminutive Apache cope with King/Woodgate??
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ndumart: 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2008
~Sauron~:

P.S. Tottenham have loads of tall defenders. . . . . .How would diminutive Apache cope with King/Woodgate??

Its left to the midfielders to pass the ball right to Tev's leg. he does better with the ball to his feet. He can also run behind the defenders causing them problems while Ronal-goal or Berba does the damage(s).

Anderson is hitting the top of his form right now. he seems to have everything going for him, his passes are getting better.He is also a better tackler compared to Fletcher. He should stifle the likes of Modric(if he plays), Bentley and Lennon, allowing Carrick to concentrate on doing the damage. The experience of Scholes cannot be overlooked in an encounter of this magnitude. he should however start from the bench. His intro against Aab changed the course of the game. His passes were crisp.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by A40(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2008
A score draw or a win for Tottenham is what i am predicting
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Sauron1: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
ndumart:

Its left to the midfielders to pass the ball right to Tev's leg. he does better with the ball to his feet.
He can also run behind the defenders causing them problems while Ronal-goal or Berba does the damage(s).

I am sure Fergie would leave one of the three(Berba, Ronaldo, Tevez) on the bench.
He doesn't put ALL his eggs in one basket. He loves leaving a joker on the bench.

Anderson is hitting the top of his form right now. he seems to have everything going for him, his passes are getting better.He is also a better tackler compared to Fletcher. He should stifle the likes of Modric(if he plays), Bentley and Lennon, allowing Carrick to concentrate on doing the damage. The experience of Scholes cannot be overlooked in an encounter of this magnitude. he should however start from the bench. His intro against Aab changed the course of the game. His passes were crisp.

Anderson's potential is frightening. . . . . . .The only problem with him is he cannot flourish with some types of defenders.
Carrick/Anderson=GOOD, Hargreaves/Anderson=EXCELLENT, Scholes/Anderson=POOR, Fletcher/Anderson=GOOD.
With the right blend in the middle of the pack PLUS our strikers taking their chances, we could MURDER Tottenham 4-0 like we did in 06/7. grin

A-40:

A score draw or a win for Tottenham is what i am predicting

U always predict poor resultz for Man Utd. . . . .It's becoming a habit.
Just because y'all couldn't beat Tottenham at the Emirates has no bearing with what the RED DEVILS would do to em.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by A40(m): 1:04am On Dec 13, 2008
~Sauron~:

U always predict poor resultz for Man Utd. . . . .It's becoming a habit.
Just because y'all couldn't beat Tottenham at the Emirates has no bearing with what the RED DEVILS would do to em.
You are funny!! do you expect me to hope you guys win or what? whats in it for me?You guys must lose jor or draw
Tottenham are on the rise and you should hope another late Tevez equalizer can rescue y'all
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by donaremu(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2008
A-40:

You are funny!! do you expect me to hope you guys win or what? whats in it for me?You guys must lose jor or draw
Tottenham are on the rise and you should hope another late Tevez equalizer can rescue y'all

Hi all,
it is going to be a RED UNITED's day. Tottenham will lose today. Gunner fans sorry o, Man United is not losing any points today. cool
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by manmustwac(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2008
donaremu:

Hi all,
it is going to be a RED UNITED's day. Tottenham will lose today. Gunner fans sorry o, Man United is not losing any points today. cool
the `red devils are going to lose or if your lucky you will escape with a draw
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by tubabie(f): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2008
manmustwac:

the `red devils are going to lose or if your lucky you will escape with a draw

Bad belle cheesy dont choke on your bile dude
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by manmustwac(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2008
tubabie:

Bad belle cheesy don't choke on your bile dude
Am a spurs fan
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by edoyad(m): 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2008
This what the Sun in the Uk said Manc'll look like 2moro,.
Manucho
Nani G neville Vandersaar Tevez

Anderson

Ferdinand.

Infact Fergie is so confident he'll start with 7 players
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Cristalz(f): 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2008
Must you always exhibit your silliness? tongue

Quit dropping it like goat poo on United territory.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by tocdee(m): 9:12pm On Dec 13, 2008
manmustwac:

Am a spurs fan

Nice. You are either very brave or a lover of Lily white jerseys on black shorts.

Anyways, where's Vidic when you need him to score?? grin
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by shotster50(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2008
Manure are going nowhere this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by ogbongzky(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2008
imagine, tottenham drew chelsea, arsenal and man u, walloped liverpool twice within two weeks, what a good record,
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by edoyad(m): 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2008
Cristalz:

Must you always exhibit your silliness? tongue

Quit dropping it like goat poo on United territory.
angryWhat ? What ?? Criz Who you calling silly ?
That's it. YOU ARE OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM THE GUNNERS THREAD. PERIOD. angry
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Cristalz(f): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2008
LOL grin

Noted.
Re: Tottenham (0) Vs Manchester United (0), Saturday 13th December by Manu4life7: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
Bleep off arsenal just arsenal won one or 2 times after a long time is that a record or somethin just its a away game for united they will never win us in old traford thats waiting for them at may 2009 dont worry this game 2-1 defeat but next time for Man utd 3-1 win thats will happen

And a question does away matches cares to a good team like liverpool or arsenal

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Wins World Coach Of The Decade Award / European Football's 25 Best Defenders Right Now / Everton Vs Liverpool [2 - 0] On Sunday 17th October 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.