Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. (47527 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by KLand(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Richest Black man is from Nigeria, Richest black woman is from Nigeria... Congratulations to her.

Congratulations to Nigeria too.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by dammytosh: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
I hope PDP and GEJ's clueless team will not include this as part of their achievements.

Media e-diots be like

"We made policies that made Nigeria billionaires the richest in Africa"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Pajames4all: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
ok
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2014
Strong feminist here, but I'm not impressed by this. Oprah gets worlds more respect from me. She actually suffered for her money.

5 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by AreaFada2: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2014
trillville:

this is why we need to vote out PDP. what contribution to humanity has alakija made to make her so rich?

This is Nigeria's money concentrated in the hands of a single individual.

In 1993, PDP was not in power. Not that I care about PDP or APC. All na the same. It's all about oil money.

It must have been IBB dishing out favours before "stepping aside". Or Even Abacha.

Anyhow, one of those who showed MKO Abiola pepper must have given it to her.

Osondi Owendi.

I wonder how many Ogoni women or Oloibiri indigenes were given oil blocks.

2 Likes

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by watered(m): 11:00am On Dec 29, 2014
IEDA:
dat been wealthy n der re poor people aRrnd u makin u poor nnah useless talk.....
What's this one saying? 'I bu nno nwa boyi'
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by papaejima1: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

tap into her suspicious strategy?

Not every successful person is honest. Miami was built on drug money.
Bros, ever heard the terms Guerrilla Marketing and Mafia Tactic in business and Marketing?

They are good attributes borrowed from seemingly bad and disreputable sources.

When applied, they lead to success.

Orijin is a classic example, though I don't have the time to go into details but if I explain it to you, you will marvel at the ingenuity of the marketers!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by chronique(m): 11:09am On Dec 29, 2014
Have you successfully packaged and lobbied for yourself,that you now want to package me and lobby for me? Or you don't like good things for yourself? If yes,how come I don't know you? Can you give us names of clients who you have successfully packaged and are now billionaires? If you can't provide their names,then no need selling yourself to me. I'd do better on my own.
Empero1:

By the way , my company is into business facilitation and lobbying . Perhaps , I can help package you well and lead you to success in the business world . At least , when you experience monumental success within short period of time , you will realize what I mean . And by then your thought process and mindset will change for good toward many of the successful people out there . A lot of opportunities abound , my brother . What most of you people termed gift and luck , I see them as foresightedness and smartness .

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by oiseworld: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2014
Youngandactive:
We cant risk another loss of lives in 2015

emrace peace..follow on twitter @YoungAndActiveN

if only you post this on Buhari's new twitter account, you would have passed across a real message i tell you.

remember "THE DOG AND THE BABOON WOULD BE SOAKED IN BLOOD COME 2015". we know who said that don't we?

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2014
Am not moved. I gave her a proposal for a project am to handle, and my account number, she refused to respond.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by lioncoolst(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2014
chronique:
Good one for Her. My only question,is how a fashion designer got an oil license. The report says Her company "Famfa oil" was awarded the oil block. Does it mean She was able to set up an oil firm that had the capacity to bid for oil blocks as at that time? Or was She someone's mistress? Simple logic tells me that there should normally,be no correlation between being a fashion designer,and running an oil firm. They are two distinct professions that are miles apart and not inter-related. But hey,it's none of my business.

Come on! Why did you derail your fine argument at the concluding part? sad I was enjoying your fine analysis of the situation until you abandoned it at the concluding part. Too bad. sad
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by AnonymustME(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2014
What I'm about to type might seem tribalistic to some but I don't give a rats ass

look at this yoruba woman getting billions of dollars off an oil well that was given to her by a hausa man (Babangida)....... while the south where this oil well is sited is grossly underdeveloped and women in that region live like peasants .

she was given license to explore oil.... what qualified her for such honour? She was probably one of IBB's mistresses.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by lomaxx: 11:28am On Dec 29, 2014
papaejima1:

Bros, ever heard the terms Guerrilla Marketing and Mafia Tactic in business and Marketing?

They are good attributes borrowed from seemingly bad and disreputable sources.

When applied, they lead to success.

Orijin is a classic example, though I don't have the time to go into details but if I explain it to you, you will marvel at the ingenuity of the marketers!

Please explain. I'm interested.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Remii(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Mogidi:
When Government Ekpemupolo (Tompolo) stops the oil flow she would be poorer than Iya Alabi.

fyi, her lease is deepwater not sure militant will dare too much in the area. meanwhile, stopping the oil flow will hurt the oil producing areas than non oil producing states. they are the one getting N15b a month while others get less than N3b, they own nddc, 13% and more like that. Oil workers are residents of oil producing states and workers pay tax to states of residence, no work no tax payment. the one FGN gets is majorly stolen, pay political appointees, legislatures and fgn workers, less that 10% is spent on capital, so they can go ahead blow up oil lines and pollute their waters.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Orikinla(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2014
She is a leading member of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) favoured by the Almighty God, JEHOVAH and founder of the Rose of Sharon Foundation.
May the same God favour me like-wisely too.
Amen.
May God also favour everyone who likes my comment.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by VirginFinder: 11:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Where are my loud mouthed ibo brothers when you need them the most?

I'm expecting them to come and rant and whine about this news like bush babies - how the woman does not deserve it, how she is fronting for IBB, how she is IBB's mistress, how she is benefitting from SS oil etc etc.

collynzo,onlytruth/chukwudi44,customized13,waternogetenemy,Descartes,Pazienza,igrigimercenery,ichidodo,OdenigboAroli,Malawian,quid, funkiebaby,sunnybobo3/billyonaire and the rest of the loud mouthed, empty chest beating ibo crew must have a thing or two to say about this awesome development.

The summation of the financial net worth of all Igbo billionaires - dead or alive does not come close to this woman's financial networth.

#Fact!

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by delishpot: 11:37am On Dec 29, 2014
stag:
Congrats ma!

But one would expect to see you visibly touching lives. More than Oprah did.

E hard for the rich to touch lives o. Some do/ give back in low key level, but some dont care.
When naija becomes safe, I will start tracking these people to give back to the community wink. Maybe they dont do so because they fear that, those who they appoint to help them, will take the cash and do nothing for the people/ community.
I am for the people. Its just to get the chance to prove it.

1 Like

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2014
STENON:
congrats........

I'l soon unseat Alakija.....

It's just a matter of time..
Congratulation in advance
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2014
chronique:
Have you successfully packaged and lobbied for yourself,that you now want to package me and lobby for me? Or you don't like good things for yourself? If yes,how come I don't know you? Can you give us names of clients who you have successfully packaged and are now billionaires? If you can't provide their names,then no need selling yourself to me. I'd do better on my own.

This is the problem with people like you . You always think that everyone in this forum is a low-lifer . Anyways , if you cares to know me and my company better , then do the needful . I have no time to brag . I wish you all the best in your life endeavors . Compliments of the season .
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by okzcorp: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Whizpeter:
Who says Nigerians don't have money? So the Richest Black Man in the world and the richest black woman in the world are both from Nigeria...
Where are my Igbo brothers in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village, Onitsha, ABA and other major markets in Nigeria... Una hustle never pay...
P.S: M an Igbo dude, before someone would quote me and scream racism...

I will like this post later
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Richest Black man is from Nigeria, Richest black woman is from Nigeria... Congratulations to her.

abi oo and naijans dey suffer n die like flies, what gives na nigeria *sighs* the rich getting richer while the poor wallow in misery n dilapidationcrycrycry
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Besto(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
Rich ke, how many charitable organization has she contribute to. She is rich, she should keep it to herself. Oprah is far better than her, at least she gives to the poor and even build a school for the poor in south Africa. What has this woman done to better the ordinary man on the street, am not talking about she giving to the church, I know her pastors must have been receiving from the oil money....all am talking about is, what has she done to improve this country. The other day bill gate organized a program that will help to fight polio in Africa especially in Nigeria that has the highest polio case in the world, the other day he was happy to announce on twitter, that Nigeria now has low polio case.....thanks to bill gate for the eradication of polio in Nigeria which has been reduced to a very minimum rate.
My concern is this, what has she done for average Nigeria...all she knows is to keep drilling our oil, am not proud of her cos her money is suppose to be for all Nigerians. Let them keep looting our oil and money, only God will save us from the hands of this corrupt being.
her company...famfa oil patners with some other oil servicing companies to give scholarships yearly to lotta nigerian undergraduate nationwide

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by ireneony(f): 11:54am On Dec 29, 2014
Besto:

her company...famfa oil patners with some other oil servicing companies to give scholarships yearly to lotta nigerian undergraduate nationwide
have you witnessed any person that have benefited from this
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by SeverusSnape(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2014
franugo:

abi oo and naijans dey suffer n die like flies, what gives na nigeria *sighs* the rich getting richer while the poor wallow in misery n dilapidationcrycrycry
Very unfortunate my brother
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by mctech(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:
Am not moved.. Effect of Govt patronage, our collective wealth is been held by very few Nigerians..
Great insight! Almost all the wealthy people in Africa are nothing more than crooks, thieves and political profiteers who are sitting on our collective wealth. And as my pastor told me few weeks ago, they all belong to one secret society/cult or another.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Ilekeh(f): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2014
Congrats ma'am. You inspire me that humble beginnings does not mean poverty for life.

Your business ideas is a motivation for the younger generation.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2014
lilbazy:
Bow down to the ONE TRUE GOD,JEHOVAH
JIREH,JEHOVAH NISSI,JEHOVAH ELSHADAI... and
be saved. Jesus till eternity.

u don take weed 2day again shey
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Besto(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
have you witnessed any person that have benefited from this

yes ooo....go to education section and search agbami scholarship....then you will get idea of what am talking about.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
annibro:

Dangote is richest Black man in Africa not the World

which other black man is richer than him?
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
dammytosh:
I hope PDP and GEJ's clueless team will not include this as part of their achievements.

Media e-diots be like

"We made policies that made Nigeria billionaires the richest in Africa"

guy mind urself o, i go report u 4 cracking me up oogringringrincheesy
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by vislabraye(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:

What other business pay as much as Oil?
Hope u remember she's a Fashion Designer

She has enough savings for her life time even if oil wells dry up. But how did she do it ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obi Iyiegbu Cubana Building A Night Club In Lagos (photo) / Ghost Amala Joint Seller And Her Apprentices Disappear After Being Recognized / 8 People Are Richer Than 3.6 Billion People Combined- CNN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.