Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) (1728 Views)

Get Ready To Be Surprised Heavily By Airtel Nigeria / My Challenges With Airtel! / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by nenergy(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
No doubt wireless technology isn't infallible. Issues will always arise, that's the reason customer care department is there to "manage" these issues.

Airtel Nigeria doesn't only perform poorly in managing these issues, but go the extramile in creating more problems for customers.

-Bulk activation of value added services.
- Inexplicable deductions.
-Their many bundles that don't work.
-Floods of unsolicited SMS.
-Calls from automated numbers.
-Unanswered emails/tweets
-Deductions for using bonus etc

These are some of the many sins of Airtel Nigeria

I am tired! So I added their sim (3 years old) among the things I'm leaving behind in 2014. PORT to another network my mind said. I can't port because my balance is -200. grin

Goodbye Airtel Nigeria. Good luck collecting your N200. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by lafflaff123(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
Hehehehehehehehehe. no be this people be Econet?

4 Likes

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2014
As in better port be this o...
seriously buh funny grin

airtel more deportees coming your way. grin

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2014
Lol c this guy so whch Sim u dae use

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Whizpeter(m): 10:25am On Dec 29, 2014
Story for the gods...
if another company takes over from as Airtel,you go rush go buy sim..
I don't like them again, despite being on the network since the days of zain..
but I can't destroy my sim, I neatly placed it inside my wallet in anticipation of better days

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Needless action bro.
There are no permanent enemies.
Simply put the sim aside (porting is even a waste of time and money).
Nobody holy pass, It's a game of dancing chairs, you'll have need for it sooner or later.
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
cheesy grin airtel, most stup!d network... @least urs is beta, after suscribing 4 one monthly data lyk dat, d sim just stopped supporting 3g undecided , it was after it expired d sim 3g started working back angry

7 Likes

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Whizpeter:
Story for the gods...
if another company takes over from as Airtel,you go rush go buy sim..
I don't like them again, despite being on the network since the days of zain..
but I can't destroy my sim, I neatly placed it inside my wallet in anticipation of better days

u sure say the thing still dey active??
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by holatin(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
eartell
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by armadeo(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
zleemshaddy:
cheesy grin airtel, most stup!d network... @least urs is beta, after suscribing 4 one monthly data lyk dat, d sim just stopped supporting 3g undecided , it was after it expired d sim 3g started working back angry

Until you experience what this poster is saying you would think its story from the gods. I tell you I had a taste months back and I am still in shock. I can't believe the blatant way in which they run tins.

For now I have no idea where that Airtel sim is.

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by ddjay: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
nenergy:
No doubt wireless technology isn't infallible. Issues will always arise, that's the reason customer care department is there to "manage" these issues.

Airtel Nigeria doesn't only perform poorly in managing these issues, but go the extramile in creating more problems for customers.

-Bulk activation of value added services.
- Inexplicable deductions.
-Their many bundles that don't work.
-Floods of unsolicited SMS.
-Calls from automated numbers.
-Unanswered emails/tweets
-Deductions for using bonus etc

These are some of the many sins of Airtel Nigeria

I am tired! So I added their sim (3 years old) among the things I'm leaving behind in 2014. PORT to another network my mind said. I can't port because my balance is -200. grin

Goodbye Airtel Nigeria. Good luck collecting your N200. cheesy

welldone op,for taking ds decision,the following will come your way;
1) God's blessings
2) success in your life
3) more financial independence
4) better mobile device's (phone & tablet) in 2015
5) because of you, Nigeria will have credible election and leaders.
6) the nigeria economy will boom
7) massive industrial and agricultural revolution will happen in nigeria
cool finally, God will declare nigeria a BLESSED COUNTRY to the hearing of the whole world

2 Likes

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Whizpeter(m): 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

u sure say the thing still dey active??
Yeah... I still recharge it once in a while
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by nenergy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
chukux2:
Needless action bro.
There are no permanent enemies.
Simply put the sim aside (porting is even a waste of time and money).
Nobody holy pass, It's a game of dancing chairs, you'll have need for it sooner or later.
Very needful o!
I purse my N250 for a month and half only yo be told I used it for data. Told them I had bonus data (which I stopped using so would believe me). 111, @Airtel care, email...no help!!!

Bought BBM, Opera mini and Whatsapp bundles.. only the Whatsapp worked. The opera mini bundle won't work without N1 balance (very lame). How would a layman (I'm not) know how to retain N1 on a smart phone?

Every month I must call to request deactivation of a service I can't subscribe for even in my dream. I don tire!!!

Got the line during service (they had good rural coverage) so its NOT my main line.

1 Like

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
nenergy:

Very needful o!
I purse my N250 for a month and half only yo be told I used it for data. Told them I had bonus data (which I stopped using so would believe me). 111, @Airtel care, email...no help!!!

Bought BBM, Opera mini and Whatsapp bundles.. only the Whatsapp worked. The opera mini bundle won't work without N1 balance (very lame). How would a layman (I'm not) know how to retain N1 on a smart phone?

Every month I must call to request deactivation of a service I can't subscribe for even in my dream. I don tire!!!

Got the line during service (they had good rural coverage) so its NOT my main line.

Maybe you need to liase with knowledgeable folks for work arounds to some your problems. Surely the solution to some of them are within your power.

You're a recent graduate so I can understand the knee jerk reaction over N250, but maybe in a year or two with greater experiences and maturity you'll understand my point. Warmest regards ;-)
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by ddjay: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
chukux2:

Maybe you need to liase with knowledgeable folks for work arounds to some your problems. Surely the solution to some of them are within your power.

You're a recent graduate so I can understand the knee jerk reaction over N250, but maybe in a year or two with greater experiences and maturity you'll understand my point. Warmest regards ;-)
dis sounds like an Airtel contract staff. imagine these words "recent graduate" "reaction over 250" mind you,within d 1 yr or 2 ur talking of,the op will be financially strong while your Airtel will be acquired and you layed off to hustle for 250.

4 Likes

Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by otimothy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
op i like ur approach though i would hv taken anoda approach as in life aint no permanent enemies but permanent interest....1 unwanted texts or calls(call the center and ask to be placed on do not disturb(dnd) ...2 dont activate a bundle witout calling to find out hw it works.. reason? wat works for a friend myt not work for u......example *141*13*50#....*141*13*100#....*141*13*200#......50mb,100mb,200mb respectively u cant enjoy same value as the next person..........all im saying is to contact the customer care is free i mean enjoy it.......before una cut my head the mb code up there actually works and its free.....
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by nenergy(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2014
chukux2:

knee jerk reaction over N250 grin Very funny! People have served jail time or worse still have been lynched for far less than N250. I'm immature because i broke my module or refused to pay my debt? You're obviusly affilated to the company.

Moving on, i am NOT a novice to the workings of the GSM, that's why it pains me the more. See an article i wrote about billing issues. https://www.nairaland.com/1382928/tip-gsm-users-how-prevent

Now, do i still sound like someone who needs "to liase with knowledgeable folks"?

My twitter handle is littered with ignored and unresolved tweets to @airtelcare. 2 unreplied emails and long wait time in calling 111. My Brother i got tired and took a decisive and sweet decision.

I have done something most customers only threathen to do. And i wont regret it.
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by nenergy(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2014
ddjay:

welldone op,for taking ds decision,the following will come your way;
1) God's blessings
2) success in your life
3) more financial independence
4) better mobile device's (phone & tablet) in 2015
5) because of you, Nigeria will have credible election and leaders.
6) the nigeria economy will boom
7) massive industrial and agricultural revolution will happen in nigeria
cool finally, God will declare nigeria a BLESSED COUNTRY to the hearing of the whole world
Amen cheesy
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by nenergy(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2014
armadeo:

Until you experience what this poster is saying you would think its story from the gods. I tell you I had a taste months back and I am still in shock. I can't believe the blatant way in which they run tins.

For now I have no idea where that Airtel sim is.
mY GUY, i just got tired. And instead of pay the debt and contiune in suffering. The ended the abusive relationship. grin
Re: How I Ended My 3 Year Relationship With Airtel Nigeria (classic) by Manchelsea(m): 10:56am On Dec 30, 2014
Which app can I download dt shows caller location

(1) (Reply)

How To Set Another Launcher As Default Launcher On Android Kitkat OS / Have Anyone Used Malata N402 Or N403 / Mtn 4g Lte Users:you Can Now Get Your Free Mtn 5gb Data Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.