Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame (654 Views)

Share A Coke With The Witches(picture) / Top Ten Types Of People You Will See In The Village This Xmass Period / Witches And Wizards Say Shekau Will Be Captured By December! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame by charlesng: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2014
I visited my village after years of not being in the country. I was shocked to see how empty and dry it has become.

Back in the days, as long as I can remember 15yrs ago my village used to be very lively, different villages competing against one and other on football matches, everyone seems happy and we got to meet longtime friends and family members, people give others money as Christmas gift but now, the village is just like a ghost land and unfriendly.

I meet with some long time friends, some of them from different villages and some we discuss online and they all advise I should be very careful with the village people.
People in the village are scared of one and another and people in town are scared of coming back home believing someone is killing them in the village.

A young man visited his village and unfortunately he had an accident and died, everyone started putting the blame on wicked witches and wizards in the village.

I find it difficult to believe or understand if really the village is that bad and evil or maybe it’s our mind set? Had the village suddenly become this barbaric? I know there is evil everywhere but why do people run away from their village? Did the village suddenly become this evil for everyone to be this scared? Their has always been evil people in the village and we all still visit the village then, why so much emphasis and blame on the village witches now?

I just believe its our mind set, religion and over exposure that has changed the way we perceive people in the village, or we have suddenly become unfriendly with one another without knowing and also put blames on others for our failure.

If the village is that evil, is there a solution to help solve this problem? I am aware people in my village sometimes organize prayer meetings every December claiming to be casting out demons. Does it mean their prayer warriors are not that effective or strong enough to cast out the demons that are killing people and making people poor in the village?
Please share your own village story and how progressive it is now, what are the solutions?
Re: The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame by holatin(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2014
lemme ask Jonathan first
Re: The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame by charlesng: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:
lemme ask Jonathan first

Its like your problem is from the village lipsrsealed
Re: The Witches And Wizards In The Village Are Not To Blame by holatin(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2014
charlesng:

Its like your problem is from the village lipsrsealed
yes and ur own problem is in heaven.

any more observation ?

(1) (Reply)

Popular Nigerians Whose Deaths In 2014 Shook The Nation / . / NUC Releases 2015 University Ranking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.