Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Get Trained As A Web Programmer For Free. India. - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Get Trained As A Web Programmer For Free. India. (1137 Views)

Be Trained As A Microwave/fiber-optics/dwdm Sdh Engineer / Be Trained As A Dwdm/sdh Engineer / Get Trained in SAP and Earn More Than =N=30,000 Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Trained As A Web Programmer For Free. India. by DrEldorado(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
So you want to be a web developer?

I originally wrote this document as a personal email to friends and used it subsequently as a training manual for students employed by Web Services at Rice University. Your mileage may vary.

My names are eldorado abrahams, a Web programmer, freelancer and also an internet marketer, a Nigerian currently residing and Schooling in New Delhi,India. you may find more about me on www.creativeideasconcept.org or www.drpotentherbs.info...little introduction of my self could do the help of at least knowing whom u're listening to.

To address several questions and needs I’m aware of at the moment, I’m going to describe one good path to acquiring all necessary technical skills for becoming a professional web developer at no cost, up until you actually try to turn your work loose on the world. Obviously, there are other ways to approach this, and one of the pleasures of the job is getting to explore those other paths on your own over time. Have fun.

I. Tools

Get Google Chrome and install these plugins: Web Developer, Eye Dropper, and ModHeader. Note that Chrome already has a built-in tool that is the most useful of all: the Web Inspector. A brief tutorial explains the basic idea of what it does, but don’t expect to understand the details until you’ve learned HTML and CSS from other resources. Google has thorough documentation you might refer to later. If by chance you’re using Safari instead of Chrome, it has the same tool, but you have to enable it, and it looks a little different.
Also, get Firefox and install these plugins: Web Developer Toolbar, Live HTTP Headers, Modify Headers, Tamper Data, Colorzilla, SQLite Manager, and User Agent Switcher. Firefox has its own page inspector too. A few of these Firefox plugins have no equivalent in Chrome, and some are amazing tools for learning about the web–especially Tamper Data.
Eventually, your ideal development environment is probably a Mac with a Windows virtual machine on it, so that you can run/extend all desktop browsers (without too much effort). Current browsers comply reasonably well with the settled standards, but you still can’t assume they are the same–not even if they are the “same” browser with the “same” version number on different platforms. Microsoft distributes numerous free Windows virtual machines with different versions of IE that you can use for testing. If you don’t want to pay for a VM hypervisor for them, use VirtualBox.

[img] smiley[/img]

MONEY MAKING HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASIER BEFORE NOW, NOT UNTIL THE INTRODUCTION OF THE INTERNET

Your computer probably did not come with a good, user-friendly text editor that does syntax highlighting.
If you have a Mac, TextWrangler is a good free text editor. Sublime Text is more popular with professional web developers, but technically it has a cost to license (although it is available in full as nagware).
If you have a Windows machine, the best free text editor is probably Notepad++. Of course, there’s also Sublime Text.
If you have a Linux machine, then user-friendly wasn’t a criterion for you, so just use vim. It’s what I use most of the time, even on a Mac. But again, there’s Sublime Text.
And if by chance you go for Sublime Text, here’s a “perfect workflow” and some further tips on setting it up.
Get the GIMP and Inkscape. Install them and bookmark their documentation pages. They are OK for most developer needs, if you can get used to their interfaces and you don’t intend to take graphic design seriously.
Get an FTP/SFTP client for transferring files to a server: WinSCP for Windows...please click here to read through....www.creativeideasconcept.org

(1) (Reply)

3 Weeks Vocation Training In Abeokuta / Get Latest Pmp Materials And Study For Your Global Pmp Exams / Learn To Earn Vocational Courses In Fashion Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.