Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course (10993 Views)

LAWMA Truck Attendant Killed As Tire Bursts During Guaging (Photo) / LAWMA Begins Street/Road Washing / LAWMA To Convert Popular Refuse Dump Site To Golf Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by MRLINGTON(m): 6:24am On Dec 30, 2014
Have you ever passed by Ojota going towards Maryland in Lagos? Then you would have noticed the Olusosun dumpsite that stinks to the high heavens.

The news is that Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) said yesterday that it would soon turn the Olusosun dumpsite in Ojota into a golf course.

Tagged as Nigeria’s most popular refuse dump, Olusosun has been a subject of foreign documentaries in the past because of the many activities of scavengers at the site.

The managing director of LAWMA, Mr Ola Oresanya, said the golf course project would come under the agency’s second 10-year-rolling plan.

“In the rolling plan, we are focusing downstream and our downstream is at the disposal sites. Our landfills development is a real focus, we already sign contract for development of our state of the heart landfills sites at Epe and Badagry. And those landfill sites are the real focus for the next rolling plan and a site also will be located in Ogun state. That is around Mowe/Ibafo area that we took over. Then we will close down the Olusosun dumpsite completely and turn it into golf course. We will continue to build transfer stations and material recovery plants in Lagos”.

“Those are parts of the ten year rolling plan and we will increase our waste conversion to almost 70 per cent to 80 per cent of the wastes we generate in Lagos. The wastes will now be converted to something very useful within that ten years rolling plan. Then, we want to make sure that we get the economics of waste management very well and the economics must be perfect within the next ten year. So those are the key ingredients of those plans.’’
http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/lawma-to-convert-popular-refuse-dump-site-to-golf-course.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Redoil: 7:12am On Dec 30, 2014
Tinubu should turn it into his personal property.

6 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by chatterly: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2014
Beautiful idea,at least it would create a green area just coming into Lagos.
Its been done before,for those who are familiar with Ibadan,the site of the new Palms shopping Mall on Ring Road was the main Ibadan refuse dump up until the late 90s.
We are waiting

13 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2014
Great plan
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Newkidoo(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2014
That would be great but hope it sees the light of the day!!!

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2014
Good move. The stench there makes me feel that that part of Lagos State should be the place called Itaolobun. The stench there is so high that when coming from Ibadan, Mowe-Ibafo or Berger, you start perceiving it from 7UP Bus Stop. When coming from Third Mainland Bridge, Gbagada or Ogudu, when you get to The Apostolic Church Head Quarters, you start perceiving it.

5 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by SupremeTeam: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Good move. The stench there makes me feel that that part of Lagos State should be the place called Itaolobun. The stench there is so high that when coming from Ibadan, Mowe-Ibafo or Berger, you start perceiving it from 7UP Bus Stop. When coming from Third Mainland Bridge, Gbagada or Ogudu, when you get to The Apostolic Church Head Quarters, you start perceiving it.

As usual it is Jonathan's fault.

" our" $20 billion dollars would have been used to make it a world class golf resort with the missing Chibok girls e,played as cabbies.

3 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by martincbarton: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2014
hmmmmm. ok ooooooo

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by oziegbe2015: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2014
Redoil:
your brain is filled with Redoil(palm oil) lagos is turning the worst into success. Lagosians would never allow pdp to come and kill lagos

15 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
ft don tire me 4 today jawe smiley undecided
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by jingh(f): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is what I call Transformation agenda of Nigeria .
#apc

7 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by simplemach(m): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
With these kinf of news, one will always be proud to represent his/her country in the near future

3 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by romzyxy(m): 6:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
I v seen dix news b4. in one popular blogger site. u knw her na. bt it was 3 dayx bck.
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by obainojazz(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
.where tinibu and boko-hari will be eating money raw...I see no reason why they should not build world class recycling centre ....misplaced priority
...feedeefee and heypeecee just dey vex me...
and all this jobless youths like barcanista..berem.and dat guy...sincernigerian will be fooling around nairaland...instead of studying science and helping Nigeria...
idiats.

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Lilknight(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
D
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by tbaby534(f): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Old news
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Joy83(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
okay nau...
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by youngice(m): 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
But that place dey smell o
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by tundeayo2020: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
b
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by GboGboAye: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
romzyxy:
I v seen dix news b4. in one popular blogger site. u knw her na. bt it was 3 dayx bck.

So in what way have you contributed to this conversation?

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Samchelsea(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Golf course?.....one bad swing and it will land on those residential buildings in Mende Maryland

1 Like

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Adex097: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by donmalcolm21(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samchelsea:
Golf course?.....one bad swing and it will land on those residential buildings in Mende Maryland
policies for the elite. APC and their elitist policies
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by grandstar(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Samchelsea:
will you stop being silly? LOL
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by fapcrook(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Redoil:
but why?
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by romzyxy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
GboGboAye:

So in what way have you contributed to this conversation?

by u quoting me. keep it up. we r contributing.

1 Like

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
at last! That site is an eyesore,I'm still wondering what took them so long.
Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
romzyxy:

What is the meaning of dix and dayx? I suggest you improve your communication skills - you will need them for getting good jobs.

4 Likes

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by azimibraun: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
Lagos says it and does it....gbam!

1 Like

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Isiterere(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
what a good idea. The same way dump site was converted to shopping mall (shoprite) in ibadan.

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: LAWMA To Convert Popular Ojota Dump Site To Golf Course by Olamilekan08(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
jesuslovesme123:

What is the meaning of dix and dayx? I suggest you improve your communication skills - you will need them for getting good jobs.
Don't mind him, he thinks he is chatting with his crush.
That's one of the ways you can identify a teenager online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Series: Island 2022 Season 1 Complete (korean Drama) / The Shocking Difference Between Banks In Ghana And Banks In Nigeria / Disadvantages Of Being Shy And How To Overcome It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.