Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Do We Smell? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do We Smell? (1777 Views)

How To Make Your Vagina Smell Good / What Unusual Things Do You Like The Smell Of? / HALELUYAH! Oyibo Magic:Medicine To Make Yor Mess Dey Smell Like Chocolate Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Smell? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2006
personally most of the white people i have met or know have some scent or the other

so i am wondering to other races do we as black people smell a certain way

now i am not talking about body odour O!
Re: Do We Smell? by vichel(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2006
now seeing that i am black i can't answer that, i think u should redirect your question to other races. And what the heck do u mean that some white people u meet have some scent, because i am friends with alot, and i do not smell anything. But to answer your question, somebody once said that there are certain food especially spices that u eat which comes out through your pores, and kind of gives u a weird smell, but i think that is why we have to take a shower wink
Re: Do We Smell? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2006
it could be the spices, but i cant say for sure
Re: Do We Smell? by luvu567(f): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2006
vichel:

now seeing that i am black i can't answer that, i think u should redirect your question to other races. And what the heck do u mean that some white people u meet have some scent, because i am friends with alot, and i do not smell anything. But to answer your somebody once said that there are certain food especially spices that u eat which comes out through your pores, and kind of gives u a weird smell, but i think that is why we have to take a shower wink

lol, true
Re: Do We Smell? by LiquidMind(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2006
Most of the white people i meet swallow lots of Gallic that make them woozz seriously,
apart from that i don't notice any high-sent,
Re: Do We Smell? by luvu567(f): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2006
the white people i meet dont smell like anything

Its ostly the Indians that i meet that smell like garlic.
Re: Do We Smell? by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2006
the only smell i know among tribes is the indians
Re: Do We Smell? by LiquidMind(m): 12:10am On Aug 15, 2006
you haven't met some espanoles
Re: Do We Smell? by desiree(f): 12:12am On Aug 15, 2006
It's all down to personal hygiene really--we need to shower at least once a day or twice if we need to. It is not specific to any race, I have lived in 3 different countries in Europe and I can tell you that they all view personal hygiene differently.
Re: Do We Smell? by bluenubian(f): 12:16am On Aug 15, 2006
naaah, white people do have a certain perculiar odor!, maybe we smell to white people too, i wouldnt know
Re: Do We Smell? by nike4luv(f): 1:03am On Aug 15, 2006
they will always say that! awon oloshi! am not the one that takes 1 shower in a week! thank God for deodorants and perfume, and they say we smell, they'll always say that!, they the one that visit the dentist like visiting the toilet always checkin deir skin and rubbish!, hiss leave them alone! they stink! nooo they reek, haba! they suck hard tits
Re: Do We Smell? by momoney1(m): 1:48am On Aug 15, 2006
as far as i'm concern the human body is the same, if you do hard job or play game and excrete some sweat from the body and you dont hav ur bath, you will deffenitely smell bad.

again, there can be differnce when one is concious of her/him self or the kind of spices used for food preparation, or weather temperature(when low u tend to remain dry and ok and when high reveres is the case)
Re: Do We Smell? by bluenubian(f): 2:18am On Aug 15, 2006
nike4luv:

they will always say that! awon oloshi! am not the one that takes 1 shower in a week! thank God for deodorants and perfume, and they say we smell, they'll always say that!, they the one that visit the dentist like visiting the toilet always checkin deir skin and rubbish!, hiss leave them alone! they stink! nooo they reek, haba! they suck hard tits

lmao, nike u remind me of my landlady, why all this anger, shissh!!! tongue
Re: Do We Smell? by kiki(f): 2:48am On Aug 15, 2006
almost every white person i meet smells like smoke( and i said almost) if they don't smell like smoke they just smell funny and dey got d nerves 2 say black ppl smell dirty
Re: Do We Smell? by hotangel2(f): 3:05am On Aug 15, 2006
Okay i dont know about this oo. What i know is how people sometimes have their own signature scent.

SOme people just have some sorta scent to them. Maybe from everything they have on and watnot. I mean, wtf u mean white people have some scent?
Re: Do We Smell? by iice(f): 9:14am On Aug 15, 2006
I dont think Black ppl have a smell, White ppl have a peculiar smell, indians smell coz of their food and spices, same as arabs, they have a smell coz of their food i guess. But i havent really picked up a smell exclusive to Blacks undecided
Re: Do We Smell? by luvu567(f): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2006
nike4luv why so much anger? lol cheesy

hot-angel:

Okay i don't know about this oo. What i know is how people sometimes have their own signature scent.

SOme people just have some sorta scent to them. Maybe from everything they have on and watnot. I mean, wtf u mean white people have some scent?

im sayin ooo, ya'll be sifing too hard tongue
Re: Do We Smell? by my2cents(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2006
Every culture has their "signature smell". Asians "boom" of garlic, some whites "boom" of having not bathed in days, etc.

The issue to me isn't wether or not we boom, but appreciating our respective scents for what they are. Granted, there are those who just plain "boom" LOL. Oyibo hv their scent but act as if they don't and consequently say all others "stink". Very inconsiderate and bigotted.

Case in point:
Wen my sis arrived in the US and started high school, she returned home on day 2 with a bottle of perfume from her teacher. My parents were actually happy that she got the perfume. I told them to be more sceptical. I have been around oyibo for many years and know that if u c an old woman running faster than a younger woman, something is amiss. I told them to go ask the teacher why she gave my sis the gift. It turns out it was because she noticed my sister had "a body odor" shocked shocked
Re: Do We Smell? by Zahymaka(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2006
While I do not wish to sound racist, I must admit that most white people I've come accross do have a peculiar odor. With the exception of my former roommate, I think most others smell different.

This guy was completely nuts about being neat. When you're neater than me -- scrubbing everywhere with bleach everyday, ensuring everything is always in order -- that's something! tongue
Re: Do We Smell? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2006
ehenn

i thot i was the only one, a good number of white people have a peculiar odor

this is asides from the garlic and the smoke(cant stand that one)

its probably different levels of hygiene in different countries

cos most black people i know in whatever country they live shower at least twice a day

i was just wondering if we had a particular odor grin
Re: Do We Smell? by nike4luv(f): 2:15am On Aug 16, 2006
which anger, this is not anger this is what i call 'oro enu', most white people say we smell out of the racism shyt and if i hear and idiot say that to me again in school!, ahh, won a gba [they will collect]
Re: Do We Smell? by hotangel2(f): 12:22am On Aug 17, 2006
lo. . . wetin dem wan collect?

I still don't get this "we smell, they smell" shxit. Maybe i'll start sniffing hard!! I need to find out. cheesy
Re: Do We Smell? by nike4luv(f): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2006
maybe you dont experience that in your area because theres a lot of blacks around you! but in a white neighbourhood! but really they are ridiculous, they are reallly jealous of us
Re: Do We Smell? by kiki(f): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2006
hell yeah they sure is
Re: Do We Smell? by mamagee3(f): 1:52am On May 07, 2010
What kind of question is this?
Re: Do We Smell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i wonder too. . . . smiley[/size]
mama-gee:

What kind of question is this?
Re: Do We Smell? by tpiander: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
What gave rise to the question.
Re: Do We Smell? by Tjayjosh(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
Black people only stink of sweat. White people, they smell all the time.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Not To Get Drunk With Friends / 190, Omolola, Madukaele, And Co. / Everybody Lies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.