Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? (2069 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Many teach that a born again person can sin and this is predicated by the view that being born again is to be saved in the spirit and that the person now has to work out the salvation of the soul, which takes an unspecified amount of time and within this unspecified period of time the 'born again' person can fall into sin but repent and make it right with God

Could the aforementioned be true because it is written that:

1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Can a person that is born again, born of God, sin?
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
A platform for good discussion, He may still sin but He cannot continue in Sin for God nature abides in him.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
A platform for good discussion, He may still sin but He cannot continue in Sin for God nature abides in him.

very vague posturing. should God abide in him 24/7 365 days per year? or The Holy Spirit feed him the understanding of God's word so that he can mature and be sensitive to sin.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
voltron:

very vague posturing. should God abide in him 24/7 365 days per year? or The Holy Spirit feed him the understanding of God's word so that he can mature and be sensitive to sin.

Restructure ur english can't understand it.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:

is that what 1 john 3:9 says? or is that your own interpretation...if a born again person can sin - that is, have the capacity to sin can that person ever make heaven.

Revelation 22:15

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

the bolded suggests that person who still have the nature of sin in their soul and as a result love sinning will not make it to the new earth!
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

is that what 1 john 3:9 says? or is that your own interpretation...if a born again person can sin - that is, have the capacity to sin can that person ever make heaven.

Revelation 22:15

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

the bolded suggests that person who still have the nature of sin in their soul and as a result love sinning will not make it to the new earth!
Good News Version says "Whoever is a child of God does not CONTINUE to sin, for God's very nature is in him; and because God is his Father, he cannot continue to sin" To start with there is nothing like born again christains u r either a christain or not. Now what makes u a Christain is when u sin u do not want to continue in it but want to overcome and forsake and God's nature in you,you do not persist in sin. The Corinthians having become born again still have sex with their Father's wives,what is that to you? Its Sin but Paul to them to repent. Now they repenting and determine not to do commit that sin again is the evident of them been a Christain.

1 Like

Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Good News Version says "Whoever is a child of God does not CONTINUE to sin, for God's very nature is in him; and because God is his Father, he cannot continue to sin" To start with there is nothing like born again christains u r either a christain or not. Now what makes u a Christain is when u sin u do not want to continue in it but want to overcome and forsake and God's nature in you,you do not persist in sin. The Corinthians having become born again still have sex with their Father's wives,what is that to you? Its Sin but Paul to them to repent. Now they repenting and determine not to do commit that sin again is the evident of them been a Christain.

on the first bolded comment, i'd say that's just SEMANTICS because anyone who has the capacity to sin as a result of a sinful natured soul is in danger of Hell because the old things in the soul are yet to pass away and hence he's not yet a NEW CREATURE

1John 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

On the second bolded comment, i realize that and if you observe my punctuation the use of commas followed by Christian makes the noun Christian a noun in aposition...so you see i'm quite aware

On the third bolded comment i want to ask, can someone who is a partaker of the new covenant with the law of God written in their hearts and minds ever even think of having sex with one's own step-mother?

Hebrew 8:10-11
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

My brother a born again person, born of God, is a partaker of all baptisms - water, Spirit and fire - has a renewed mind and pure heart with the law and the prophets written on them, must be saved in the spirit and in the soul...and such a person CANNOT SIN
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

on the first bolded comment, i'd say that's just SEMANTICS because anyone who has the capacity to sin as a result of a sinful natured soul is in danger of Hell because the old things in the soul are yet to pass away and hence he's not yet a NEW CREATURE

1John 3:8

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

On the second bolded comment, i realize that and if you observe my punctuation the use of commas followed by Christian makes the noun Christian a noun in aposition...so you see i'm quite aware

On the third bolded comment i want to ask, can someone who is a partaker of the new covenant with the law of God written in their hearts and minds ever even think of having sex with one's own step-mother?

Hebrew 8:10-11
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

My brother a born again person, born of God, is a partaker of all baptisms - water, Spirit and fire - has a renewed mind and pure heart with the law and the prophets written on them, must be saved in the spirit and in the soul...and such a person CANNOT SIN
Read the Original greek text. And besides u r quoting me wrong, i did not say "A born again has the capacity to sin" what i do say is "He may sin" Now Let me ask u, from the day u give ur life to Christ u never made a single mistake?
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
Read the Original greek text. And besides u r quoting me wrong, i did not say "A born again has the capacity to sin" what i do say is "He may sin" Now Let me ask u, from the day u give ur life to Christ u never made a single mistake?

My bro i'm still working on my soul and i cannot say i'm born again yet...that word born again is a great, misused and abused word...people sin because they have the capacity to sin ,a fish does not struggle to swin because it's its nature but no matter how skilled a monkey is it can never rival a fish unless it dies as a monkey and resurrects as a fish and that requires a spiritual, soulish and bodily rebirth ...that monkey becomes born again!
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

My bro i'm still working on my soul and i cannot say i'm born again yet...that word born again is a great, misused and abused word...people sin because they have the capacity to sin ,a fish does not struggle to swin because it's its nature but no matter how skilled a monkey is it can never rival a fish unless it dies as a monkey and resurrects as a fish and that requires a spiritual, soulish and bodily rebirth ...that monkey becomes born again!
A Born again is a Christain,a Christain is a Born again. A Born again does not have pleasure in sin and thus cannot sin. The concept is deep dan u understand bro. To those who keep the Faith it means smthng to those who are backsliding it means another. Which are u referring to? Have in mind "You are born again once and for all"

1 Like

Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
A Born again is a Christain,a Christain is a Born again. A Born again does not have pleasure in sin and thus cannot sin. The concept is deep dan u understand bro. To those who keep the Faith it means smthng to those who are backsliding it means another. Which are u referring to? Have in mind "You are born again once and for all"

Yes but please answer this question:

is a born again person someone saved in the spirit alone or is a born again person someone saved in both of the spirit and soul? Please answer!?
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

Yes but please answer this question:

is a born again person someone saved in the spirit alone or is a born again person someone saved in both of the spirit and soul? Please answer!?
A born again is one Born of the Water and of the Spirit. When d above is done ur soul is saved. Ur Spirit cannot be saved its redeemed but ur Soul is what d Lord will save from death while He set ur spirit free from Sin.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
starlingslimnet:
A born again is one Born of the Water and of the Spirit. When d above is done ur soul is saved. Ur Spirit cannot be saved its redeemed but ur Soul is what d Lord will save from death while He set ur spirit free from Sin.

so to be born again is to be regenerated in the spirit and renewed in the soul...is that what you are saying...
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
efficiencie:

so to be born again is to be regenerated in the spirit and renewed in the soul...is that what you are saying...
Yes from ur point of view
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 4:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
now we agree...
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by emmyskies(m): 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Being born again earns us salvation, as the scripture says, we should walk our salvation in trembling and fear, in this, we need sanctification.

But that doesn't mean he can't sin. He can, that's why he needs to avoid sin at all cost. He needs to hate sin and take delight in the will of the Almighty GOD.

As salt can loose it's savour, a born again soul can loose his salvation. Christ says He that endures till the end shalt be saved, Paul says he dies each day, keeping his body under subjection. And like the ten virgins, we ought walk in light and watch always, lest we dirt our garment and walk naked
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2015
emmyskies:
Being born again earns us salvation, as the scripture says, we should walk our salvation in trembling and fear, in this, we need sanctification.

But that doesn't mean he can't sin. He can, that's why he needs to avoid sin at all cost. He needs to hate sin and take delight in the will of the Almighty GOD.

As salt can loose it's savour, a born again soul can loose his salvation. Christ says He that endures till the end shalt be saved, Paul says he dies each day, keeping his body under subjection. And like the ten virgins, we ought walk in light and watch always, lest we dirt our garment and walk naked

pls answer this question

is a born again person someone saved in the spirit
alone or is a born again person someone saved in both
of the spirit and soul? Please answer!?
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
Are old things really passed away according to 2
Corinthians 5:17 if one is regenerated in the spirit but
one's soul and body are still subject to lust, wickedness and under satan's covenant?
a. YES
b. NO
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by emmyskies(m): 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

pls answer this question

Your question is deep. But first, let me get your definition of soul and spirit. What is the difference between these two?
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
emmyskies:

Your question is deep. But first, let me get your definition of soul and spirit. What is the difference between these two?

man is the spirit, the soul is the heart and mind...
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Is this statement TRUE or FALSE

A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins)
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
We must be careful what we teach! Greater condemnation awaits teachers that err as it is written:

James 3:1
My friends, we should not all try to become teachers. In fact, teachers will be judged more strictly than others. (CEV)

i saw this thread and it's topic wowed me. The OP had this to say:

A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He
Sins) by babaearly(m ): 11:59am On May 01, 2010

I heard a sermon by Pastor Chris some time back, but i
cant transcribe everything i heard but the main part i
picked was when he talked about Born again christians
and sin - that it is not in the nature of a born again
christian to sin. Since he has put on the nature of
Christ, he is not a sinner, and even if he sins, he is still
not a sinner because he is born again. A cec member
confirmed it too. Really? Is that what the word of God
says?
(Quote) (Report) (Like ) ( Share)

and in response one Ogaga4Luv replies, much to the disdain of heaven, the hurt of Christ and his Spirit.

Ogaga4Luv:
1:59pm On May 01, 2010

I have always known that Christianity is a very
bad idea gone wrong. . . .what an interesting
thread!?! . A born twice Christian is not a sinner
even if he or she sins . don't you think you can
tell that to 1 year old child and give you a dirty
slap?.
Don't be deceived. . .we can't do without sin as
human being. anyone trying to avoid sin is
avoiding himself . Sinning isn't a crime or any
offense as it makes us feel alright and
comfortable . we should learn to be a sinner and
Sin with all boldness. . . .i hate it when
religious people are pretending and still we are
all in the same guter.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like ) (Share )

Because of a horribly wrong doctrine handed down by theologians unchallenged

That doctrine asserts that:

a born again, christian, d@ sins is nt a sinner

a born again, christian, d@ sins dies in d@ sin he'l make heaven!
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by zeb04(f): 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
Let's make these clear.being born again is same thing as being a christian(christlike).when you are born again,you are christlike.

Can a born again believer sin? Yes
Jesus said watch and pray so you fall not into temptation.if being born again mean you can't fall ino sin,jesus wouldn't have told his disciples to watch and pray.

In romans jesus said mortify(put to death) therefore your members which are upon the earth,fornication,lying evil speaking and the rest.these is because he knows if you don't consciously do these,you can fall back into sin.

The moment you get born again,jesus cleanses your sins away but you have to renew your mind daily by reading God's word and praying so you can stay saved.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by zeb04(f): 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

pls answer this question

when you are born again your whole life is transformed.jesus wouldn't save your soul and neglect your spirit but you have to daily renew your mind which is the gate way to your spirit and soul,you have to renew it daily by reading God's word
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
zeb04:
Let's make these clear. being born again is same thing as being a christian(christlike). 1 when you are born again,you are christlike.

Can a born again believer sin? Yes 2
Jesus said watch and pray so you fall not into temptation.if being born again mean you can't fall ino sin,jesus wouldn't have told his disciples to watch and pray.

In romans jesus said mortify(put to death) therefore your members which are upon the earth,fornication,lying evil speaking and the rest.these is because he knows if you don't consciously do these,you can fall back into sin.

The moment you get born again,jesus cleanses your sins away but you have to renew your mind daily by reading God's word and praying so you can stay saved.

your quotes 1 and 2 make me wana cry!

yu say a born again person has the nature of Christ, yet yu say a born again person can sin...so the nature of Christ has the capacity to sin? That conclusion breaks me down!!!
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by emmyskies(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

man is the spirit, the soul is the heart and mind...

You need to understand these two before you ask the question in the post.

Soul -correct
Spirit -wrong
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by zeb04(f): 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

your quotes 1 and 2 make me wana cry!

yu say a born again person has the nature of Christ, yet yu say a born again person can sin...so the nature of Christ has the capacity to sin? That conclusion breaks me down!!!
it seems to me you know it all.

I dunno how else to explain it to you.in luke 22 vs 54,peter denied jesus.wasn't he a born again christian? Wasn't he christlike? But he denied jesus and jesus forgave him.

Moses disobeyed God by striking the rock insted of speaking to it.wasn't he christlike? Wasn't he a born again? Moses even had a connection with God on the mount,they spoke to themselves physically.are you more of a born again than him

When jesus was departing to heaven he prayed to God to keep the disciple so that the enemy don't snatch them away from him.the enemy in these place can also be called sin because he knes it was possible.

Jesus was the only perfect,sinless man to work in these earth and no other person can do that.

David a man after God's own heart,christlike and one of the most loved of God fell into sin.are you any better than him.

Jesus is love and has come to pay the price of our redemption,he is more loving than you can ever imagine.the bible says,if you confess your sin and forsake them,jesus is always ready to take you back.please don't preach any other message
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by efficiencie(m): 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
zeb04:
it seems to me you know it all.

I dunno how else to explain it to you.in luke 22 vs 54,peter denied jesus.wasn't he a born again christian? Wasn't he christlike? But he denied jesus and jesus forgave him.

Moses disobeyed God by striking the rock insted of speaking to it.wasn't he christlike? Wasn't he a born again? Moses even had a connection with God on the mount,they spoke to themselves physically.are you more of a born again than him

When jesus was departing to heaven he prayed to God to keep the disciple so that the enemy don't snatch them away from him.the enemy in these place can also be called sin because he knes it was possible.

Jesus was the only perfect,sinless man to work in these earth and no other person can do that.

David a man after God's own heart,christlike and one of the most loved of God fell into sin.are you any better than him.

Jesus is love and has come to pay the price of our redemption,he is more loving than you can ever imagine.the bible says,if you confess your sin and forsake them,jesus is always ready to take you back.please don't preach any other message

sis, pls no vex... i dnt knw everithn bt i'm challengin a view that i found untrue...if Mr A is Christlike and Mr A sins then Christ too may have sinned may be once...that's d conclusion that i found hard to take...

my view (n u may nt accept it) is that yu r nt bornagain until yur regenerated in the spirit and renewed in the soul...if your spirit is regenerated such that you are like Jesus, n yur soul is like Jesus' soul then u av al hs nature except the glorified flesh of Christ which we'l av wen we r raptured...then yu bcome reborn aftr the second Adam...but if your soul isn't renewed it cnt dwell in d glorified flesh n hence nt prepard 4 rapture...
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by zeb04(f): 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

sis, pls no vex... i dnt knw everithn bt i'm challengin a view that i found untrue...if Mr A is Christlike and Mr A sins then Christ too may have sinned may be once...that's d conclusion that i found hard to take...

my view (n u may nt accept it) is that yu r nt bornagain until yur regenerated in the spirit and renewed in the soul...if your spirit is regenerated such that you are like Jesus, n yur soul is like Jesus' soul then u av al hs nature except the glorified flesh of Christ which we'l av wen we r raptured...then yu bcome reborn aftr the second Adam...but if your soul isn't renewed it cnt dwell in d glorified flesh n hence nt prepard 4 rapture...
ok.these doctrine makes you perpetually live in condemnation.romans 8vs1 now there is no condemnation to those who are in christ ...halleluyah.God has saved, redemed,regenerated my soul spirit and body on the cross.the blood of jesus was able to do all that for me not my good works or morality.

I understand we have different views,just live one day at a time.
Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by waldigit: 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:
Many teach that a born again person can sin and this is predicated by the view that being born again is to be saved in the spirit and that the person now has to work out the salvation of the soul, which takes an unspecified amount of time and within this unspecified period of time the 'born again' person can fall into sin but repent and make it right with God

1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Re: Can A, Born Again, Christian Sin? by waldigit: 8:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
efficiencie:

The state in 1john 3:9 is an ideal state which is not attainable in a days journey. Tell me any of the bible heros that attained this state in a jiffy even John the writer of this passage.
Jesus Christ came with the type of spirit we get when we get born again but was with lustful flesh. He worked Himself up the ladder anointing that nobody has been able to attain till now. Yet got so weak that he requested if plan of God could be changed, but did not lose control and quickly surrendered to the will of God. Hence, He declared the spirit of a born again man is willing but the flesh is weak. A born again man has a willing spirit in a weak flesh!
David fell into many sins but prayed that he should not lose dominion to sin. Hence he did not lose control and he made it. Saul fell into sins too but lost control to sin and he did not make it.
Paul described the concept of perfection as infinitesimally tending towards pleasing God in the book of philipians. The bible instructed to be perfect but not a point at which we can adjudge ourself to having attained perfection.
Before fall our state was ABLE NOT TO SIN, after fall it is NOT ABLE NOT TO SIN, after born again it becomes ABLE NOT TO SiN, after translation at rapture it is then it shall become NOT ABLE TO SIN

(1) (Reply)

Invitation / RCCG Sunday School Teacher's Manual 7th January Lesson 19 : Topic - GAMBLING / Warning: G.o Of The Lord's Chosen Had A Fearful Revelation About Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.