Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Warm Message To The Mods: Seun,pasqal09,skydancer, mynd44,& others - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Warm Message To The Mods: Seun,pasqal09,skydancer, mynd44,& others (469 Views)

Pasqal09 unban me from romance section / What Happened Today Nairaland Mods, Seun. / *~Mynd44 Voted Nairaland/General Section Poster Of 2012 *~ Congratulations - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warm Message To The Mods: Seun,pasqal09,skydancer, mynd44,& others by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2014
I must say a very big thank you to this forum management popularly known as Mods.

I got banned unnecessarily by antispam Bot yesterday afternoon.

my ordeal:
well this was my first experience of what banning is like here in nairaland. At first I didn't feel anything.
I just finished commenting on a computer thread and wanted to go over and comment in another. I noticed there weren't like, but there was quote link, and no reply link. I was like, what is happening? so I decided to go with quoting the op directly. Oh!! what flashed on my screen was unusual, telling me I can't post at that moment, that I should try in few time(hrs or so).
Well, I said no problem may be there is a system upgrade going on. So I went back surfing the thread. To my surprise people were creating more new topics even at that very moment. Then I asked myself why can't I do anything here?. I can't like a post, nor quote somebody(and at that moment a quote was getting at my nerve that got serious attention). I can't reply in any topic.
I became perturbed when it occurred to me that I might have been banned. I said to myself but there wasn't any notification. So it can't be. I decided to check my profile, lo and behold something was fishy here at the bottom of my profile page. At first I chuckled at it, that I was banned by antispam Bot blah blah blah BC of this post.
I clicked on the link that I got banned of, to my surprise it was my last comment(nice) on a computer thread. Though it was hidden buh I know what I wrote there was nice.
Thank God for pasqal09 on one of his comments that we should try and report such cases. So I emailed him immediately but he replied me, saying that I should report to the mods.
though I later got an email from him that he will help me reach them. But then I have emailed them not excluding any of them. With the curiosity and panics I emailed Oga Seun too(lolz).
Finally I slept and woke up, entered the website. It was like a surprise I began to see like button again. I didn't know what to feel like. I became happy and smiled all away. So I decided to check ma profile. I was shocked the antispam Bot is still there, I thought I was banned again. Rushed back to a post and a reply link is still all over posts, and then I realized how foolish antispam Bot can really be. And smiled that was it.

advice:
am advising us to report to responsible mods if things like this nature happens to us, is quite frustrating, believe me when I use that word. Than being quiet about it and die in silence.
the mods are there to punish law offenders and also protect law abiders.
So peeps let the mods know of your predicaments. They will offer help to you asap

My gratification:
I thank the mods for their prompt response to serve Nairalanders users and also commend on their teamwork. love you guys.
And to You thank you very much for giving me ears God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Kaduna Petrol Station / Instantly Start An Online Business Selling HOT Software.(ready Websites ) / Jonathan Worried By Slow Rate Of PVC Collection In Bayelsa- Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.