Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Changing My Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Changing My Career Path (1009 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / My Career Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing My Career Path by jonath0012(m): 7:41am On Dec 31, 2014
Hello Nairaland users, I am urgently in need of your advice about my career path. I will start by first letting you into my background a bit: I have a very good background in science ( physics) and Education, which is why getting a job in that line is never a problem. But the truth is most of the teaching jobs are nothing but " modern slavery". I feel sad going to work everyday, not that teaching in itself is bad but the income therein, as we all know, is so low that one can hardly settle down with it. I believe there are still better things I can do out there to increase my chance of landing a good job comes the year 2015. Now I want to change my career part, I want want to make a career out of Information Technology. And I have chosen Computer Programming. Yeah, have no background in IT whatsoever other than my burning desire and determination. I have heard people say Programming is complex, time consuming , stressful and requires lots of creativities, which only strengthen my resolve to learning it. Currently, I'm teaching in a school, which consume all of my time in the week days; so, I plan to enrol on weekends. If not that I still need the teaching job to fund it would have loved to devote all my time to it... But I still believe I can attain it regardless of any huddles. My questions as as follows: 1. What is your take on my new choice of career part, do you think it is wise? 2. Do you think I can attain a guru level in two years, and what are the dos and don'ts to accelerate to that level. 3. What are the basic skills you think I should imbibe to start with. 4. Does being a creative programmer has connection with your temparament traits. 5. Which of the IT school would you recommend, taking into cognizance their costs and quality. All the IT professionals in the house should help do justice to the above questions. Thanks!
Re: Changing My Career Path by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2014
IT skills is always good.
but I will advise u go for the best.
a person that has a Microsoft cert in IT is better of than another of its kind in this country and beyond. Try and find out those IT institutions that offer it and their quality of professionalism.

don't settle for less, go for the best.
Re: Changing My Career Path by mikeayus(m): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:
a person that has a Microsoft cert in IT is better of than another of its kind in this country and beyond. Try and find out those IT institutions that offer it and their quality of professionalism.

Pls more info abt Microsoft certification bro
Re: Changing My Career Path by jonath0012(m): 8:27am On Dec 31, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

. Thanks a bunch bro for your input... Please, can you shed more light on Microsoft certification, and what it entails.. Thanks
Re: Changing My Career Path by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2014
Microsoft certificate are given by IT institutions affiliated under Microsoft around the globe.

they have different And many fields of specialties.

At the end of your program, if you are successfully. You will be given the certificate based on the course you studied.

and with this cert. You can work anywhere around the globe, and will be paid well based on your specialty. As is being considered the best among all IT program cert.

still, having a bs.c in computer science. Or b.tech in computer science and technology, will be an added advantage and otherwise.
Re: Changing My Career Path by jonath0012(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2014
Thanks.... You mean Microsoft certification such as Ms word, excel , PowerPoint . Honestly, I use to think there are better IT course than that.
Re: Changing My Career Path by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
jonath0012:
Thanks.... You mean Microsoft certification such as Ms word, excel , PowerPoint . Honestly, I use to think there are better IT course than that.

lolz not at all. I will list the courses you can get from them.

1. Certificate programme in enterprise network administration
2. Diploma in internetworking Technologies
3. Certificate programme in Linux
4.diploma in Linux administration.
5.certificate programme in Linux and Oracle database administration.
6.Advance Diploma in infrastructure Management.
7. Diploma in infrastructure management.
8. Diploma in enterprise Application -Ms platform
9. Diploma in enterprise Application - JAVA platform
10. Diploma in web development.

they also have:

1. Storage designing
2. Cloud computing
3. Graphic designing
4. Software & network engineering
5. Computing and windows 8

and many others.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Studying For ACCA - Which Training Centre? / 8 Keys To Productivity In Year 2016 / Digital Marketing For Smes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.