Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ten New Year Resolution For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten New Year Resolution For Students (812 Views)

How To Plan Your New Year’s Resolution For 2015 And Keeping It / A Thread For Students Coming To The UK: My Experience Shared / Akwa Ibom State University(aksu). A Thread For Students And Aspirants/candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten New Year Resolution For Students by butanep(m): 10:34am On Dec 31, 2014
The New Year is a great time to reflect on the changes we want to or need to make. If you’re a student looking at ways to improve yourself and make the transition to the university or make a higer grades in school in year 2015. Here are some resolution you should adopt

1. Stop procrastinating. How often have you underestimated how much time it will take to get something done? Then, how sad are you when you don’t have the time to do your best. At some point, the procrastinator end up achieving nothing . If you finish a project earlier than you thought you would, then consider yourself ahead.

2. Commit yourself to getting good grades
. Good grades are entirely necessary to get into a good school unless you’re a top notch athlete. The best way to get to the top in your academics is striving to get good grades. Read early enough before exams, take extra time to ask questions when necessary, interact with the bright ones in class and do your assignment on regular basis.

3. Don’t do it all
. It’s better to concentrate on a few things and excel in them than involve in many thing and at the end you get confused. Put down the few things you can do & strive to be good in them. Schools are looking for commitment that shows you’re willing to stick with something and make the most of it.

4. Keep a calendar
. Deadlines creep up quickly. And the closer the date, the more you’ll feel the pressure. Most students don’t do their best under pressure. And universities, scholarships, federal aid, and standardized testing services are not going to be sympathetic to any excuses you have about missing a deadline. If you miss a deadline, you miss an opportunity. So try and keep to your calendar to avoid doing thing under pressure.
5. Evaluate yourself early. You won’t know how high you can score until you evaluate yourself. Wait too long and you won’t have enough time to do it. Evaluating yourself early will enable you strengthened your weakness.

6. Do your research: Do your research yourself. It makes you know more about that particular topic or subject. Never ask anybody to research for you or pay someone to do your research. Research keeps you enlighten and educate your mind about that topic. It is an aspect of reading.

7. Try something new. University is a great time to spread your wings. It’s about new experiences and self-discovery. Want a certain internship, there’s no harm in calling up and asking if they have any room for an eager university student to work there. Want to try a new sport or activity, go ahead and try it. You’ll never know what you like – or how good you are at something – until you try something.

8. Be excited about going to class or library
. Wherever you go to class or library, you’re going to meet new people, learn new things, and have a great time. That’s reason enough to be excited.

9. Don't parade yourself with friends that can't boost your academic career
: Friends can make or mar your destiny in school. Evaluate your friends and see which is improving your life and which is reducing your life. When the friendship is leading nowhere, please redefined your friendship or better still avoid such friends. Click with those that are dreams builder

10. Banish the self-doubt. Doubting your own abilities only holds you back from achieving what you want to achieve. Just say no to these thoughts and others like this:

“I can’t do this.”
“I’m not as smart as my classmates.”
“I’ll never get better than a 2.7 grade-point average.”
I didn't come from a good home or attend a first class secondary school
“There is no point saying such... there is a great potentials inside you...Never believe your doubt and never doubt your belief... IF I can make it successfully, you can also make it and even do better....
Wish you a better 2015
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by EJanni(f): 10:50am On Dec 31, 2014
thank you. This is really nice. Procastination is a war I haven't won yet. God help me.
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2014
Noted. Thank you for this. May God see us through. Amen!
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by butanep(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2014
EJanni:
thank you. This is really nice. Procastination is a war I haven't won yet. God help me.
you can win it my dear... Believe you can... set time for each task and make sure it is accomplished @ such time...

You will overcome it come 2015
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by butanep(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2014
Chelcy10:
Noted. Thank you for this. May God see us through. Amen!
that's our prayers...
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by bhaliz44(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2014
GMB for 2015 cool
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by Marvoghosa(f): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nice and noted. Thanks
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by Olamyyde(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
A goal/resolution that isn't written down is merely a wish
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by butanep(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Marvoghosa:
Nice and noted. Thanks
you re welcome

1 Like

Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by mesoade(m): 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
11. Move closer to God,attending fellowship meetings will add more to your life than attending parties
Re: Ten New Year Resolution For Students by Unekz(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
sai buhari

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out Guys / 2015 JAMB UTME Result Out, How To Check / Meet 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, University Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.