Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse (2037 Views)

See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / Is This A Good Way To Protect Your Home? / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
Please read and share... Especially for parents, guardians and soon-to-bes....

http://1stfebruary./2014/07/17/protecting-our-children-from-sexual-abuse/
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Read and share
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Read. Comment. Share.
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Read what?
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Read what?

The article in the link ma'am.

Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:05am On Jan 03, 2015
And the article can't be posted here.... Ba?[quote author=ifeojobas post=29446846][/quote]

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
And the article can't be posted here.... Ba?

There are some illustrations that go along with the article where it was posted which make it a better read there. Thank you for the questions. Enjoy the rest of your day ma'am.
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2015
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please read and share
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2015
Read and share
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 3:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
www.1stfebruary.com

A blog you'll love
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
Read and share
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by pgidex(f): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2015
Read, copy and paste it here
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
Read and share
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by drajjay: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
highly recommended.a good read.@op thx .we need to save our children from these monsters.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2015
drajjay:
highly recommended.a good read.@op thx .we need to save our children from these monsters.

Thank you. Yes we do. Incidents are getting too rampant these days.
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by rain20: 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
There are more children than we can bear to imagine that get abused everyday: sexually, physically, emotionally and otherwise. And can I say that a sadder part is that majority of these children are abused by someone that is known and trusted by them and even other family members. This person is even more often than not a family member. This makes the acknowledgment of a child’s abuse even more difficult especially by the parents of the child.

xdd

Different things drive child molesters but then that’s not the topic of discussion today. Just want to say a thing or two about how we can protect our kids from being victims of sexual abuse.

Firstly, I’ld like to remind you (especially for those that still live in oblivion) that child molesters are everywhere. You need to let that sink in. Some women have entrusted their young children in the care of new boyfriends and their children were sometimes raped to death before they got back from work. From school to home to regular everyday life, these people have gradually become people that we know and sometimes even love. This therefore drives the need for guardians and parents to be extra observant. I do not blame some parents who give their kids whistles to blow if anybody is behaving suspiciously towards them or give them cellphones when they are as little as 4 or 5 (with the emergency phone number eg 911 and their numbers already integrated into the speed dial).

A child especially in the early stages is usually as plain as a book. Some children become very withdrawn especially when a molester just initiated contact with them and warned them not to tell anyone. BEING OBSERVANT comes into play here. When a child that is normally playful and friendly suddenly turns moody and a loner, you should know that something’s up.

Sometimes, it could be that your child is no longer free with an adult he/she used to be free with and when you ask why, your child becomes dodgy or defensive….or when your child no longer wants to go to the house of an uncle or aunty that he regularly liked going to.

In the last instance especially, some parents force their kids to go. This in my opinion is wrong. When a child doesn’t want to go, you shouldn’t force him/her to. I know of someone that this used to happen to. It was an uncle who ‘came in’ when her family was emotionally vulnerable. He would come meet her at the house she lived in with her family…and do things. It was when she heard what he told someone, “I only want to play with her, I won’t fvck her” that she summoned courage to start avoiding him which included fighting off being forced to go to his house for vacations without telling her mum why (even when it was only his house she didn’t want to go to of all her uncles and aunties)

Needless to say, molestation/abuse can cause untold damage in a child’s life moreso when he/she thinks that nobody cares. I don’t need to start giving details on these and other stories because I’m sure you have an idea of how it ends. It is also noteworthy at this point that a molester can be any gender and your child whether male or female can be molested.

Regardless of how busy schedules are, the first and probably best preventive measure is being your child’s friend. Be reliable. More importantly, be someone that your child can talk to honestly and playfully. Your child should not be scared of you talkless of him/her thinking that you will hurt him or not be on his side if he reports a sexually  abusive individual to you even if it’s his dad! Some children have been beaten by their mums whom they reported abusive dads/step-dads too. In short, be your child’s friend. That’s where this generation is headed anyways.

A vital point I must mention also is that we need to educate our children. Let them know that nobody is permitted to touch them in their sensitive areas. If anyone does, they should scream, shout or even tell them to stop or that they are not supposed to touch them there. Molesters would be surprised by children speaking against them boldly. If you are your child’s friend, they will tell you that this happened.

Bottom line, your child is at risk. Be observant. At the end of the day, you can do so many things to prevent your child getting molested today….even more than your child can.

Yours truly,

M.

Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: How To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse by ifeojobas(f): 11:41am On Feb 16, 2015
Thank you for reading

(1) (Reply)

When she Have Pin Code To Block Her Phone? / Meet This Man Who Takes His Child To Work Because He’ S Scared Of Housemaids / House Hold Items For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.