Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Jews Do Not Tithe Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jews Do Not Tithe Today (5858 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Why You Should NOT Tithe / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jews Do Not Tithe Today by smithoo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thankfully, Jewish theologians know better than their Christian counterparts. They are well aware that only Levites have the right to receive tithe of the people. After all, the Jewish leaders have the Old Testament as their Scripture and that’s what it commands. And since there is no Temple in existence (and consequently no ordained Levites or Priests serving in a Temple), then a major factor in fulfilling the laws of tithing does not exist in our modern world.

In regard to this, it may be profitable to relate an event that happened to me over thirty–five years ago when I was just starting to study theology in college. A letter had been given to me for answering. It was from a woman who heard that modern Jews were not tithing. She wanted to know whether the information was true, and if so, why the Jews seemingly violated the plain laws of the Bible which spoke of tithing as a law to be obeyed?

Having read the letter, I began to share her concern. To resolve the matter I telephoned three rabbis in the Los Angeles area for their explanation. Much to my dismay, all three independently of each other informed me that no religious Jew should tithe today. I was startled at their replies. This appeared to be evidence that the Jews were so lax with their biblical interpretation that they were abandoning even the simple words of their own Scripture about the laws of tithing.

By the time I spoke with the last rabbi, my youthful indignation was beginning to emerge. But that rabbi then wisely began to show me my ignorance (not his) in the whole matter. First, he admitted that none of his congregation paid one penny of tithe that was demanded in the Old Testament. He then said: "If any member of my synagogue paid tithe in the scriptural manner, he would be disobeying the law of God—he would be sinning against God."

I was staggered by his answer. He went on to inform me that since the Bible demands that the tithe be paid to Levites, he said it would be wrong to pay it to anyone else. And further, because there is presently no official Levitical order of Priests ministering at a Temple in Jerusalem, this makes it illegal at this period to pay any biblical tithe. He went on to say, however, that the moment a Temple is rebuilt, with its altar in operation and with the priesthood officiating at that altar (and the Levites there to assist them), then every Jew who lives in the tithing zones mentioned in the Bible will be required to tithe according to the biblical commands.

This teaching was a revelation to me (as it may be to some of our readers), but the rabbi gave the proper biblical answers. To pay the biblical tithe at this time, without Levites and Priests in their regular ordained offices and doing service in the Temple, would be "sin" both to the giver and the receiver. The rabbi told me: "If we are to obey the law, we cannot pay tithe unless we pay it to the ones ordained by God to accept that tithe."

The rabbi explained that though he was the chief rabbi of his synagogue, he was not a Levite. He said he was descended from the tribe of Judah and was thereby not eligible to receive tithe. The same disqualification applied even to Christ Jesus while he was on earth since he was also reckoned as having come from the tribe of Judah. This same restriction was applicable to the activities of the apostle Peter (because he was as well from Judah) and it applied to the apostle Paul (because he was from the tribe of Benjamin). Neither Christ nor those apostles were Levites so they were all disqualified from receiving any part of the biblical tithe. It is just that simple.

And listen, if Christ, Peter and Paul did not use the biblical tithe for any of their work in teaching the Gospel, Christian ministers today should not use the biblical tithe either. The Jewish religious authorities are wise enough to read what the Word of God states about the tithe and, thankfully, they abide by it. But our Gentile preachers and priests care very little what the biblical texts actually state and go merrily on their way by devising their own laws of tithing which are different from those of the Bible.

The rabbi then gave me some information on the method that many Jews use today to secure adequate funds with which to operate their religious organizations. He went on to say that the activities of his synagogue were financially supported through the adoption of the "patron system" by its members. That is, families would buy seats in the synagogue for various prices each year. The rabbi mentioned that many of his congregation actually paid more than a tenth of their income to get better seats in the synagogue. This method for raising funds is perfectly proper (from the biblical point of view) if Jews wish to use it. This is because the money is paid to the synagogue and not to an ordained Levitical priesthood.

The final rabbi was correctly interpreting the teaching of the Holy Scripture. While many Christian ministers today teach that Christians may be in danger of missing salvation itself if they do not pay tithe to the church, Jewish rabbis know better than to say such a thing. They realize that it is biblically improper (actually, it is a blatant disobedience to the laws of the Bible) for anyone to pay or to receive the biblical tithe today. And any minister or ecclesiastical leader who uses the biblical tithe (or any one who pays to a minister the biblical tithe) is a sinner in the eyes of God.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by basisop(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sipping a blend of Hennessy and Berry Blast. Bring on the arguments.

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
How do you expect jews that are adherents of Judaism to tithe? When it has been sternly spelt out in the torah and pentateuch that only the priest from the tribe of Levi has the right to be recipients of tithes!
The jewish Christians that has been narrowed into the broad revelation of the manifold wisdom of God embedded in Christ are still obeying this divine injunction till date e.g Bro. Benny Hinn!
Secondly, the jewish religion has been adulterated and altered that hardly will you find a genuine levite; asides the fact that every dick, tom and harry are now mounting the pupits and parading themselves as Rabbi and Priests in the Synagogue and present day Isreal! Do you expect a Benjamite in the circumference of jewish religion to receive tithe before? Hell no! But, even a descendant of Esau (Edom) or Judas Iscariot that has met with the cross and has consequently been washed and called into the ministry can receive tithes;" For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ
Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into
Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither
bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye
are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed,
and heirs according to the promise."
Then, Bro. Peter went ahead in the power and revelation of the Holy Ghost to assert that "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood,
an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should
shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out
of darkness into his marvellous light;"! So what are we saying here! I need not draw ou personal experiences and revelations that I had had in my walk with God on this issue, because they would do you no conviction cause they are alien to you as I perceive! The Scriptures are more potents than the black and white letterings! Go for the rhema; because the letter(logos) killeth!

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by nobilis: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
asodeboyede:
How do you expect jews that are adherents of Judaism to tithe? When it has been sternly spelt out in the torah and pentateuch that only the priest from the tribe of Levi has the right to be recipients of tithes!
The jewish Christians that has been narrowed into the broad revelation of the manifold wisdom of God embedded in Christ are still obeying this divine injunction till date e.g Bro. Benny Hinn!
Secondly, the jewish religion has been adulterated and altered that hardly will you find a genuine levite; asides the fact that every dick, tom and harry are now mounting the pupits and parading themselves as Rabbi and Priests in the Synagogue and present day Isreal! Do you expect a Benjamite in the circumference of jewish religion to receive tithe before? Hell no! But, even a descendant of Esau (Edom) or Judas Iscariot that has met with the cross and has consequently been washed and called into the ministry can receive tithes;" For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ
Jesus.
Then, Bro. Peter went ahead in the power and revelation of the Holy Ghost to assert that "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood,
of darkness into his marvellous light;"! So what are we saying here! I need not draw ou personal experiences and revelations that I had had in my walk with God on this issue, because they would do you no conviction cause they are alien to you as I perceive! The Scriptures are more potents than the black and white letterings! Go for the rhema; because the letter(logos) killeth!

Christians always with their long stories.

Tithing was a strict Jewish observance. Just like observing the Passover, feast of Tabernacles, and so many other feasts specified in the Torah. Tithing was never a Christian injunction. No place in the Bible were Christians asked to pay tithe. Jesus didn't ask his followers to pay tithe. The Apostles didn't ask christians to pay tithe.
Yet selfish Christian religious leaders adopted that jewish observance because it has to do with monetary gain (while ignoring other religious observances of the Jews)

Now it has been shown to you that even the Jews for whom that observance was specified are no longer doing it because the conditions required for doing it cannot be met and you're here using blind argument to support the exploitation of christians by their pastors.

Show me where in the Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, the Epistles or in Revelation where followers of Christ were asked to pay tithe.

Christians who don't even read their bibles.
SMH.
A pitiable religion indeed.

8 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
www.texemarrs.com/042013/jews_not_descendants_of_abraham.htm

Most of the inhabitants of present day Israel claiming to be jews are fake! So, how do you expect this people to receive or pay tithe, when they have no nexus with the real precepts of jewish religion cum priesthood!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
SMH.
A pitiable religion indeed. [/quote]
Shake your head very well bro; it seems you don't know there is no alteration or reconciliation at the other side of the river! So think well....
Selah!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 12:58am On Jan 03, 2015
THOSE WHO PAY THEIR TITHES SHOULD READ THIS.

These endtimes there's a lot going on and many have been exposed, watch and wake up!

According to this Book, I am flicking through.

"The secret teaching of Freemasonry By Gordon Mohr"

This is exactly what the Masonic lodge teaches: {on page 107-108.}

Firstly some years ago Kenneth Copeland started a teaching that Jehovah means half male/half female and that god is much as female as he is a male.
I remember years ago that sermon was preached through out the churches.

In the first initiation stages he {the Freemasons} learn: "1" that the rite of imitation for apprentice masons represents in dramatic fashion the origin of birth the nature God-the great all.

It signifies that the two principles of matter and "form""male"and "female" are always eternally generating {Reproducing}.

It looks on God as a hermaphrodite process" taken from: speculative masonry.
Written by brother J. Yorke, grandmaster of the Ancient rite-pages 3 and 54.

2-The imitation rite into the second degree represents the moral conditions of natures God, always in labour; always reproducing again it looks on God as hermaphroditic and states that the name JEHOVAH, means "generation" meaning to say He-She, the two sexes are one.

EXPOSED FREEMASONS.
Some of the names.
Kenneth Copeland a 33 third degree Freemason,exposed.
Oral Roberts a 33 third Freemason.
Robert Schuller follows to chant.
Benny Hinn whom suspected a Freemason.
J.D. Jakes Freemason illuminati exposed.
Rev Kenneth Hagin, Billy Graham.
The list continual's most of the great men in this world as known were Masons.

Government leaders are Freemasons-illuminati those who travelled to the moon were Masons.

The founder of the J W's was a mason,

The founder of the Mormon's Joseph Smith was a Mason.

And where did they say: where it all started: Adam and Eve.
Now that's a good story, and Freemasons believe Lucifer had set Adam and Eve free from the prison they were in, in the garden of Eden.

Are all the American evangelical organization Illuminati fronts?

That many have followed around our nations.

Its not hard to spot this illuminati infiltration of Christianity.

It basically works on the foundation of Christian Zionism{sensationalism} under seductive promising riches and rewards.

{Prosperity gospel or word of faith movement} To lure sleeping and unwitting masses to disappointment and ultimately to heresy and apostasy.

The other dead giveaway is the Charismatic movement's emphasis on sign's and wonders, more than a serpent spirit parading around as manifestations of the Holy spirit.

There are currently 100's perhaps 1000's of evangelical organizations operating in the world, I'm not saying: everyone?
But some are agents of the illuminati, and as I read, the bigger players are twisting bible verses to gain tithing monies from you, only to support the Freemasons Illuminati organizations.

John 5:43-44 I have come in my Fathers name and you don't receive Me; if another comes in his own name,him you will receive.
V's 44, How can you believe, who receives honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God.

So you see a lot of prosperity preachers, are connected with the illuminati, recently HILL SONGS was exposed. Same deal.

You are giving your tithing monies to the enemy, you may believe your monies are used for God's kingdom, but I assure you it is, but in the illuminati they are the earthly God's.

You are feeding the rich to become richer, stop given them your tithing monies read the scriptures, what God say's about tithing, and why Jesus had changed it.

Timothy 6: men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that Godliness is the means of gain, From such with draw yourselves.

Matthew 6: the birds they neither sow nor they neither reap, nor they put into barns how much more are you.

THE SAD: PART ABOUT THIS YOU DON'T EVEN TAKE A LOOK AT SCRIPTURE YOURSELVES TO FIND THE TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by PastorOluT(m): 8:21am On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:
Jesus.

But u have not brought any biblical proof that we r to tithe as Christians?

3 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

But u have not brought any biblical proof that we r to tithe as Christians?

Pardon me, I only reacted emphatically on the topic!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by lastmessenger: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:
SMH.
A pitiable religion indeed.
Shake your head very well bro; it seems you don't know there is no alteration or reconciliation at the other side of the river! So think well....
Selah!
That's the problem that I have with the present Nigeria Christianity. You will always bring the other side of the river to make men to obey what they have seen to be wrong. Why obey the law when you can't obey all.

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2015
lastmessenger:

That's the problem that I have with the present Nigeria Christianity. You will always bring the other side of the river to make men to obey what they have seen to be wrong. Why obey the law when you can't obey all.
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ
hath made us free, and be not entangled again with
the yoke of bondage."
"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus
Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law,
but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those
who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ
Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you
free from the law of sin and death. For what the
law was powerless to do because it was weakened by
the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the
likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so
he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the
righteous requirement of the law might be fully met
in us, who do not live according to the flesh but
according to the Spirit."
I am not a prisoner of the law, so I pledged no allegiance to the law!
Love is supreme, that is the New Divine Order!
If you love God, your tithe won't be a heck!
Capisce?

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by lastmessenger: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:

the yoke of bondage."
Christ our Lord!
Capisce?
Those who demand tithe from Christians knows exactly what they are doing . There is a conspiracy theory going on but the gullible will not know.

2 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by nobilis: 7:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
Always telling long stories.
These Christians sef.

The Torah specifically said Jews should pay tithes and even specified the conditions under which they should pay their tithes.

Where exactly did the bible say Christians should pay tithe? Just quote the passage and I'll go and read it.

3 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by PastorOluT(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:

the yoke of bondage."
Christ our Lord!
Capisce?

U dont get, its not about the heck (permit me to borrow ur word) of paying tithe, but the reason behind it and if its God's will or not?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

U dont get, its not about the heck (permit me to borrow ur word) of paying tithe, but the reason behind it and if its God's will or not?

What are we saying here? It seems you people has forgotten that tithe has been in existence before the law was given to Moses! Abraham the first man to tithe(The Father of Faith), tithed 430years before the law! So tithing is older than the law and no way subjected to the law; the law only spelt it out more boldly and helped more in consolidating it into a more visible and impregnable precept! Tithing transcends the law of Moses, and cannot die out with it, till the final consummation of things!

Jesus Himself recognised tithing when He reproved the pharisees of being selective in their obedience(Matthew 23:23)!
Malachai 3:10 or no Malachai 3:10, it is the will of God to tithe, and those that worship God in truth and Spirit(John 4:24) know this!

Truly we are in the end time!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by PastorOluT(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:

What are we saying here? It seems you people has forgotten that tithe has been in existence before the law was given to Moses! Abraham the first man to tithe(The Father of Faith), tithed 430years before the law! So tithing is older than the law and no way subjected to the law; the law only spelt it out more boldly and helped more in consolidating it into a more visible and impregnable precept! Tithing transcends the law of Moses, and cannot die out with it, till the final consummation of things!

Jesus Himself recognised tithing when He reproved the pharisees of being selective in their obedience(Matthew 23:23)!
Malachai 3:10 or no Malachai 3:10, it is the will of God to tithe, and those that worship God in truth and Spirit(John 4:24) know this!

Truly we are in the end time!

Bro u havent been able to proof anything so far, Jesus recognized fasting? I never know, and for ur info Jesus was under the law then Galatians 4:4 n not until His death that the covenant began.

Tithe was before the law, true, bt what was tithing all about then?

2 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
PastorOluT:

Bro u havent been able to proof anything so far, Jesus recognized fasting? I never know, and for ur info Jesus was under the law then Galatians 4:4 n not until His death that the covenant began.

Tithe was before the law, true, bt what was tithing all about then?
I can convincingly by the help of God state 101 things tithe is all about and its benefits!
What else will you build your points on? That Jesus didn't preach or receive tithe? Paul and other Apostles? Where did they also wipe it off?
But, now that I perceive what you are driving at, I would rather steer clear of this thread or go on holiday!
Am long done with tithing issue on NL
Shalom!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
It don't say, people that receive or pay tithes are twisting Bible verses around, mainly because they themselves don't read the bible.
Or they listen to other preacher wolves in Churches who spread the lie-rather then the truth.
nobilis:
These Christians sef.

The Torah specifically said Jews should pay tithes and even specified the conditions under which they should pay their tithes.

Where exactly did the bible say Christians should pay tithe? Just quote the passage and I'll go and read it.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by plaetton: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:
www.texemarrs.com/042013/jews_not_descendants_of_abraham.htm

Most of the inhabitants of present day Israel claiming to be jews are fake! So, how do you expect this people to receive or pay tithe, when they have no nexus with the real precepts of jewish religion cum priesthood!
Sorry, but is that you are failing to comprehend what the op is writing about?
How pathetic of you to try to defend something unscriptural, unchristian and immoral.

If the inhabitants of Israel are fake Jews, are you amongst the genuine Jews?

What about the important points made by the rabbi? Can you think of an intelligent counter argument, or are going to accuse him of being a fake Jew, you silly African?

3 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
plaetton:

Sorry, but is that you are failing to comprehend what the op is writing about?
How pathetic of you to try to defend something unscriptural, unchristian and immoral.

If the inhabitants of Israel are fake Jews, are you amongst the genuine Jews?

What about the important points made by the rabbi? Can you think of an intelligent counter argument, or are going to accuse him of being a fake Jew, you silly African?
No Am Not!
The fact that you are too immature to state your points without any use of derogatory word reeks of nothing but sheer lack of understanding, crass inexperience, crude and rude sense of proper dialogue and decayed sense of courtesy and reasoning!
I reason with enlightened and embracing people! Once you are matured, I will be more than willing to welcome you!
I think you need to be tutored on the proper usage of a faceless forum as this!
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by plaetton: 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:

No Am Not!
The fact that you are too immature to state your points without any use of derogatory word reeks of nothing but sheer lack of understanding, crass inexperience, crude and rude sense of proper dialogue and decayed sense of courtesy and reasoning!
I reason with enlightened and embracing people! Once you are matured, I will be more than willing to welcome you!
Shalom!
I call a spade a spade, and I make no pretences that lopsided reasoning should be called what it is.
You have adopted a religion that is foreign, carefully laid emphasis on the part that enlarges your pocket and belly at the expense of others, the original owners of the said religion are telling in the clearest and sensible manner that you are erring, then your kneejerk reaction is to label them fake, forgetting that you are not even Jew, talkless of being a fake one.

So we should give you great credit for being smarter than all the Jews combined, with 4000 yes of documented he story behind them.

A juvenile statement deserves a commensurate response.
Don't kid yourself that everyone is on this forum to do kumba ya with you.

6 Likes

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by plaetton: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
asodeboyede:

No Am Not!
Shalom!
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by plaetton: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Dp
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 2:57am On Jan 04, 2015
The story behind the scene on Tithing monies.

At the beginning, God Created the Earth, etc..
Some Christians believe God is a hermaphrodite a he/she.
Evidence to prove, Adam was made in the image of God.
Genesis 2:7 Then God Created a Man in his own image, V's 21 and Later he took a rib from Adam, and then Eve was made.

Temptation and the fall of Man.
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.
And he said: to the woman, " Has God indeed said, "You shall not eat of every tree of the garden.
And the woman said: to the serpent, we may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; "but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the Garden, God had said: you shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die,

"But the serpent said: to the woman, You shall not surely die.
For God knows that in the day you eat of it' your eyes will be opened, and you be like God, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22-And the Lord God said: Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.

Satan had told his followers, that he had freed Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden, claiming God had imprison them.
And Satan had set them free, so they can be like God.

This old bible text was used By the illuminati Freemasons, they believe Lucifer is the true God the saviour of this world.
And if anyone chooses to follow after Satan they are like God too.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Jesus said: imitate Me.
V's 3 that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
We are not God's. Jesus always said he is the Son of God.

Freemasonry's don't believe in Jesus, but believe in a God.

Lately these many false prophets are being exposed.
And some well known prosperity preachers are part of: illuminati or Freemasonry's.

Freemasonry teaches a false plan of Salvation.

2 John 1:9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
1 Corinthians 10:20-21 That the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons!

Freemasonry teaches that due-paying and good works alone is one guarantee for Heaven, without any intervention needed by Jesus Christ.

The Pope also said: Jesus is not the only way to heaven.

Their goal of Masonry's has always been to change the Christian faith into the secret society role.

Today we hear about our prosperity Churches the Pope and world leaders in agreement pushing for a One world religion.

Satan has his own Evangelical organization illuminati Fronts, with many of his followers, have recently been exposed.

Using Christianity as a foundation of Christian Zionism {Sensationalism} under seductive promising riches and rewards.

{Prosperity Gospel preachers were used to gain riches, twisting word only to lure the sleeping beauties of Christian faith.
Sad to say: it's working.
But only to those who refuse to follow the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Most larger Churches are now operating a business type structure an organized worldly system without the Lord God.
In Satan's world he is the God of Power and Money.

Satan believes what God can do, he can do better.

God found fault in the tithing food system, sending his Son to change that old covenant that your forefathers had, became a priest forever setting us free given us a better covenant.

Satan found none, in his own tithing monies system-sending himself to twist and change.
leaving you all under the curse of slavery and bondage.

Using Malachi 3 as a sample will you rob God.

Many of you are being deceived you believe your tithing into God's Kingdom, Which one?

Don't forget the fall of man-was said we are like God.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 3:55am On Jan 04, 2015
Even in Israel today Jews don't pay tithes.
nobilis:
These Christians sef.

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by asodeboyede(m): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2015
***modifying***
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by PastorOluT(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
asodeboyede:

I can convincingly by the help of God state 101 things tithe is all about and its benefits!
What else will you build your points on? That Jesus didn't preach or receive tithe? Paul and other Apostles? Where did they also wipe it off?
But, now that I perceive what you are driving at, I would rather steer clear of this thread or go on holiday!
Am long done with tithing issue on NL
Shalom!

U perceived what I am driving at? This is surprising cos u dont even have an idea.

NB Bt my stance, if u pay tithe I dont have issue with u bt when u start making it a doctrine that when I have problem. Also the way many are being exploited, u dont have to be around for long to know that.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by Chylo(m): 1:08am On Jan 05, 2015
I have noticed something in all the responses here. People are just commenting on what they think or feel, but noone is talking about what the scriptures say. People get confused, even true believers, due to the way it has been so perverted, but God's principles remain the same. I will not argue either way, but I will simply present the scriptures (all from the new testament too) for you to make up your own minds.

1. Matt. 23:23 and Luke 11:42 - Jesus condemns the scribes and Pharisees for tithing even the smallest things, without doing the more important things like mercy, fair judgement and faith. However, He then concludes by asking them to do these more vital things, without leaving the tithing undone. I think this answers the OP's question. No, tithing alone will not get you to heaven!

2. Luke 18:12-14 - Jesus tells the story of two people praying, one a Pharisee, one a sinner. The Pharisee prays proudly saying he fasts twice a week and pays tithes, while the sinner prays humbly for mercy. Jesus concludes that the sinner is more justified than the other because,"everyone that exaltheth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted". Notice that Jesus does not condemn d scribe for tithing, but rather for being proud about it. If tithing were wrong from here, then so also would fasting twice a week. The lesson is, if you tithe, well and good, do not be proud of it. Also, if you are a sinner and do not tithe, God can still accept you; but this is not the ideal situation.

3. Hebrews 7:4-9 - Here, Paul suggests that tithing is a spiritual principle. Of particular importance is verse 8, where Paul says, "And here men that die receive tithes; but there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth". In other words, as human beings receive tithes here on earth, Jesus in heaven receives them there. When you pay tithes, you are not giving to any man, but to Jesus himself. You should imagine you are standing before God when presenting it. This is also an answer to those people saying you can pay tithes by giving alms, this is not what the scripture teaches.

What I can only say to pastors is that, please and please do not force people to pay tithes, it does not guarantee heaven, neither does it make one holy; however, simply present the Word of God to the people and leave them with the choice of whether to obey or not to obey.

Thank you very much.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 1:26am On Jan 05, 2015
Explain to us viewers, who changed the tithing rules, was it God, all lets say: was it man.
Chylo:
I have noticed something in all the responses here. People are just commenting on what they think or feel, but noone is talking about what the scriptures say. People get confused, even true believers, due to the way it has been so perverted, but God's principles remain the same. I will not argue either way, but I will simply present the scriptures (all from the new testament too) for you to make up your own minds.

1. Matt. 23:23 and Luke 11:42 - Jesus condemns the scribes and Pharisees for tithing even the smallest things, without doing the more important things like mercy, fair judgement and faith. However, He then concludes by asking them to do these more vital things, without leaving the tithing undone. I think this answers the OP's question. No, tithing alone will not get you to heaven!

2. Luke 18:12-14 - Jesus tells the story of two people praying, one a Pharisee, one a sinner. The Pharisee prays proudly saying he fasts twice a week and pays tithes, while the sinner prays humbly for mercy. Jesus concludes that the sinner is more justified than the other because,"everyone that exaltheth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted". Notice that Jesus does not condemn d scribe for tithing, but rather for being proud about it. If tithing were wrong from here, then so also would fasting twice a week. The lesson is, if you tithe, well and good, do not be proud of it. Also, if you are a sinner and do not tithe, God can still accept you; but this is not the ideal situation.

3. Hebrews 7:4-9 - Here, Paul suggests that tithing is a spiritual principle. Of particular importance is verse 8, where Paul says, "And here men that die receive tithes; but there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth". In other words, as human beings receive tithes here on earth, Jesus in heaven receives them there. When you pay tithes, you are not giving to any man, but to Jesus himself. You should imagine you are standing before God when presenting it. This is also an answer to those people saying you can pay tithes by giving alms, this is not what the scripture teaches.

What I can only say to pastors is that, please and please do not force people to pay tithes, it does not guarantee heaven, neither does it make one holy; however, simply present the Word of God to the people and leave them with the choice of whether to obey or not to obey.

Thank you very much.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by Chylo(m): 1:41am On Jan 05, 2015
brocab:
Explain to us viewers, who changed the tithing rules, was it God, all lets say: was it man.

I don't understand what you mean by tithing rules. Abraham paid it to Melchizedeck, what rules were followed there? Please explain.
Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by PastorKun(m): 6:59am On Jan 05, 2015
Chylo:

I don't understand what you mean by tithing rules. Abraham paid it to Melchizedeck, what rules were followed there? Please explain.

You quoted Hebrews 7:4-9 out of context, continue reading it to verse 19 and you would come across were tithes was anulled for christians in verse 11, were it was stated that the priesthood of Jesus could not receive tithes because he was from Judah(i.e not a levite) in verse 12 and were tithing is described as a weak, useless and unprofitable practise in verse 18.

1 Like

Re: Jews Do Not Tithe Today by brocab: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2015
Yes it tells that story Abram paid a once tithe, from the spoils of war.
And it tells that story why Jacob offered God tithes, after a dream.

And some where down the track God had made it into a Covenant law, tithing, sacrificing and offerings, laying down the rules for Jewish farmers, and herdsmen, etc, to pay a yearly tithe to the Levi priesthood bring your tithes {food} into my storehouse, for the works they did, and the lands they didn't own.

It was never a covenant law to tithe before God had made it one.

After finding fault and because of its weakness the law was changed through Jesus given us a better covenant.

If your ancestors was about to jump of a bridge would you follow.

Do you sacrifice for your daily sins?

Jesus had sacrifice shedding his Blood once and for all.
Chylo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder Of The Christ Apostolic Church / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? / Judas Iscariot - Hero Or Villian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.