Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Unleash That Potential - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Unleash That Potential (446 Views)

61 Potential Areas To Invest In Akwa Ibom State / ABA Mega Mall, Potential Biggest Mall In Africa / How To Split Profit With Potential Investors/share Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unleash That Potential by keye55(m): 5:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
In 2007 I quit my well paid, job at Mobil Oil Nigeria, the first person I partnered with, messed up and we lost money, all my gratuity want into that business, so I have to start from ground zero, I insisted that I will not go back to paid job, My friends and some family members were not happy with my decision, I told them I want to go into entrepreneurship and be self-employed. Thank God for my lovely sisters and a very good friend who came to my rescue financially
I use to be an ordinary electrician, (Shell Petroleum trained me to be vigilant and vibrant security officer and a safety analyst, Mobil Oil trained me to be a tactical technician) that is just the experience I had as at 2007, the day I dropt my resignation letter, that was the day I found out I am an important technician in my department.
Well today I am into
 Digital Marketing entrepreneur, registered with the corporate affairs commission. Nigerian
 Realtor and Real estate consultant (talking about genuine Land in Ibeju-Lekki environ )
 Human capacity development (I was able to coordinate my niece’s school project all the way from Brooklyn University New York and at home in Nigeria, in year 2014 I helped some youth to define what they want to do with their life, like introduceing tech skill to what ever choice of course they intend to study at university.
 I run a business and computer training center, socio media orientation, website design and development, digital marketer and digital printing
 And off Couse my primary skill (am into electrical installation, construction and facility maintenance.
Interesting you will say, but to be sincere with you, between 2008 and now I developed all of the above. The enterprise world is the real world.
THE GOOD
You see I find out that there are more ideas, more opportunities and inspirations out there in the real world, I was able to unleash other potentials in me, like when I am talking people want to listen or hear me talk, ability to get things done and do it right, I don’t joke with business clinics, seminar or conference, it gives me a global perspective of how to do business, talk to people and run things
THE BAD
it has not been easy, the Nigerian factor, power (electricity) and exchange rate, if you must know I run my shop on petrol every day to be able to deliver quality service to my customers, financial challenges the banks are not helping.

THE UGLY
The issue of dream snatchers and dream killers, business competition, people who got inspiration from you but suddenly don’t want you around, going diabolically and physically to bring you down but in all of these I try to be unique in all that I do

THE REALITY
Honestly Nigeria is a good ground for would be entrepreneurs so many Nigerians are doing fine independently, the ashes economic environment has make some graduate to go do jobs that are not related to their field of study, the conventional believe that after school, the next thing is to look for job is killing talents, potentials and ability to think out of the box, also the fear of failure is making people to stay put in salary life, am not saying getting a job is bad, no, you have to work to gain experience, work to make ends meet, a good job with a good pay is good, but gest what, I have the best teacher, there are more quality things you can do to solve problems and get paid, do not stay too long, the conventional world will fade away someday, the enterprise world will take over. I am not at the top yet, but I LOVE WHAT AM DOING NOW and I am going to move to the next level.

(1) (Reply)

Rice : 240,000MT Needed (thailand) / 3 Sure Ways To Promote Your Ebook / Nigeria Oil Revenue Dips By N77bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.