Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? (1221 Views)

Closing Eyes When Praying :how Necessary It Is To The Prayer / Why Most We Close Our Eyes While Praying / Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Want To Pray? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
Just another of my philosophically religious musing. Still trying to locate a biblical reference or backing of the act. Meanwhile is it a sin if you shine your eyes like torch lite when praying or when being prayed for, or when in a midst/gathering were prayer is being offered?

Over to the religious scholars

Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Why you go keep your eyes open, watin u wan see
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by delishpot: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
To avoid distraction. Its not a must sha. God answers which ever prayer he wants to answer.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
Lacomus:
Why you go keep your eyes open, watin u wan see

Nigerians. . . . Answering questions with questions since 2000BC
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
Martins301:

Nigerians. . . . Answering questions with questions since 2000BC
hehehehehe na since prehistoric time.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Qu3sT(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
To make sure say them no see God/Jesus/angels or else them go fit go blind or turn to salt. Just joking...... it has more to do with faith and belief since that's what Religion is all about.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
Qu3sT:
To make sure say them no see God/Jesus/angels or else them go fit go blind or turn to salt. Just joking...... it has more to do with faith and belief since that's what Religion is all about.

So no be sin abi?
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by zeb04(f): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
We close our eyes to the physical so we can see in the spirit
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Qu3sT(m): 8:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Martins301:

So no be sin abi?

Of course not.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
zeb04:
We close our eyes to the physical so we can see in the spirit

Can you support that assertion with a biblical reference pls.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by zeb04(f): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
Martins301:

Can you support that assertion with a biblical reference pls.
No.I am 50% certain it is not in the bible I am only saying so because it is unique to me and a percentage number of people have found it through to themselves.

When in I close my eyes to pray,I see with my heart and they are more real than my physical eyes.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
zeb04:
No.I am 50% certain it is not in the bible I am only saying so because it is unique to me and a percentage number of people have found it through to themselves.

When in I close my eyes to pray,I see with my heart and they are more real than my physical eyes.

Thanks for the honesty. I will encourage u to write a short account of ur experience(s) and share to encourage and enlighten others.
Re: Why Do We Close Our Eyes When We Pray? by StealthyMe(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
I think its mainly for concentration...So one'll be focused on the prayer undecided

(1) (Reply)

Supernatural Exemption Testimonies...come And Experience A Change Of Story. / Is My Sin Forgivable???? / Satanic Temple Unveils Goat-headed Satan Statue In Detroit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.