Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

INSURANCE A Source Of Wealth Creation And Protection....(share&enquire) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / INSURANCE A Source Of Wealth Creation And Protection....(share&enquire) (643 Views)

Dangote Loses 32% Of Wealth In 2016 – Bloomberg Index / Photo: Who Can Tell The Source Of This Money? / Steps to Create a Bulk SMS Business And Turn It Into A Source Of Passive Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INSURANCE A Source Of Wealth Creation And Protection....(share&enquire) by wazobia50(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
An investment-linked insurance plan
is a life insurance that combines investment and protection. Your premiums(contribution) provide not only a life insurance cover, but part of the premiums will also be invested in specific investment funds of your choice. You get to choose how to allocate your insurance premiums towards protection and investment.

Things I Should Know when Choosing the right investment-linked insurance plan

-You want the flexibility to choose your own level of protection and investment.

-You wish to vary the amount of your premium payments or coverage based on your own personal financial situation.

-You have the flexibility to choose the type of funds based on your risk aptitude.

-You want a savings plan to maintain your standard of living after retirement.

When it comes to picking the right plan, always:

-Consider the amount you wish or can invest in the plan, either in single or regular-premium plans.

-Remember to also consider the types of funds and the level of protection you need.

-Evaluate your options carefully to find the right plan with the right fund to suit your needs.

Single-premium plan 
A single premium-plan features a single lump-sum premium payment, so you don’t have to worry about making regular premium payments, and worrying about lapsing.

Features a life insurance policy with a death or total permanent disability cover of around 125% of your lump-sum investment.

Benefit payments will be to the sum assured or the value of the investment units at the time of claim, whichever is higher.

Allows you to immediately invest more to generate returns.

Regular-premium plan 
The regular-premium plan is a more suitable plan for you if you don’t want to invest a large sum at the start of the plan.
Gives you the flexibility to increase your premiums and coverage when your finances improve in the future which are paid either monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.

Benefits
The basic insurance coverage, in the event of death or total permanent disability, is usually a multiple of the annual premium.The benefit payment will be the total of sum assured plus the value of the investment units.
Re: INSURANCE A Source Of Wealth Creation And Protection....(share&enquire) by wazobia50(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
Do you want to know how to make quick cash from insurance investment or you want to know how to use so little to protect your most valuable asset? Imagine 15k to acquire a cover of 1m.......surprise?
Re: INSURANCE A Source Of Wealth Creation And Protection....(share&enquire) by databoy247(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Insurance is good quite alright especially health insurance. BUT the issue right now is that i cant find a single insurance company that partners with any hospital. You are supposed to pay your health insurance premium monthly and if there is any issue, you go to the hospital affiliated to that insurance company, present your card (or whatever they gave to you) and you get treatments which will be billed directly to the insurance company if you have sufficient cover. This does not work yet in this country. The only insurance that works (as i have been told) is motor vehicle insurance.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Check My Account Balance Using The Internet / Please I Need Your Help. It Will Only Take You 2 Mins Please!!!!!! / You Can Make Money Selling Project Topics And Materials To Students/ Researchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.