Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262732 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by hayzey(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2016
mimzy007:
What Diflun posted is from the Daily trust newspaper which is the paper NAF usually uses. I personally haven't checked it out but I don't suspect any foul play there. You should know these things are subject to change. It could be that the change from what was to be printed originally is what has cancelled the plan for the 18th, it is not a big deal.
GUY I MUST COMMEND YOU, YOUR FIRST POST WAS HELPFUL AND THIS PARTICULAR RESPONSE IS WELL SERVED IN A MATURED MANNER. GOD BLESS US ALL. NAF ALL THE WAY
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
am patiently waiting for SSC
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
SirJonse:

Thanks bro

U are welcome.
However, they have changed the date now to 2nd of March

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by SirJonse(m): 4:09am On Feb 22, 2016
erooOluwa:

U are welcome.
However, they have changed the date now to 2nd of March

Yeah I'm aware via aunty mimzy's post. Tho my course "geography" isn't included, can I still apply?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by aallii: 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
You can still apply Sir Jones,check well and correlate the courses mentioned, Am also a Geographer ,went for the last ssc interview up till the final board .....
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
SirJonse:

Yeah I'm aware via aunty mimzy's post. Tho my course "geography" isn't included, can I still apply?
Why can't you? Everything is luck you know!
Especially when someone pats you @ the back you may scale through.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by SirJonse(m): 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
erooOluwa:

Why can't you? Everything is luck you know!
Especially when someone pats you @ the back you may scale through.

Hehehe my pat on the back will be from God. Happy new week.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
it's impossible for every body to fail. At least one person must passed.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by VanUrch(m): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:
@allii how many were enlisted per State in 2014 SSC?
The final enlistment is not based on state..the first list maybe but not the final one..What if everybody from a particular state fail the medical or the endurance hurdle or even the aptitude or other "merits in Godfather"...
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by VanUrch(m): 9:03am On Feb 23, 2016
hayzey:

GUY I MUST COMMEND YOU, YOUR FIRST POST WAS HELPFUL AND THIS PARTICULAR RESPONSE IS WELL SERVED IN A MATURED MANNER. GOD BLESS US ALL. NAF ALL THE WAY
She is a Lady...Modify
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
Some officer cadets, who were enlisted in the recent Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC) Course 43 of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), have accused the authorities of an alleged unlawful and unjustifiable withdrawal from the NDA, after undergoing the mandatory training. Narrating their ordeals to Peoples Daily in Abuja, one of the affected officer cadets, who declined to disclose his name said the last SSC Course 43 members that just past out of the NDA had 10 cadets ‘unlawfully’ withdrawn after about five months into the training, even as 16 others were also withdrawn a night before their passing out on the 11th of September 2015. According to him, the authorities claimed that they didn’t pass map reading. They pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari and the military authorities to thoroughly investigate the matter with a view to ascertaining the true position of things and reabsorb them into the army, as according to them, their ‘unlawful withdrawal’ is a time bomb really waiting to explode. “The Nigerian Army published application for Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) and Short Service Combatant (SSC) Course 43 by mid 2014 and so many willing Nigerians applied, and names of successful candidates for screening for each state were published and were eventually screened at both Jaji for the DSSC and NDA for the SSC candidates respectively. “On our arrival at the NDA, we were also screened for Ebola and the first point of screening was the credential screening for each candidate. The next screening was comprehensive as it entails and covers the whole test to ascertain the well being of each candidate and those found wanting in any area were sent packing at each stages of the screening. The screening includes but not limited to ECG, Hepatitis, full blood test, eye test, weight, height, flat foot, x-ray, blood pressure, scan, urine test, heart rate and any other medical test to ascertain the wellness of each candidate. “After the medical, comes the 3.2km race in 18 minutes, then obstacle crossing. It is after this rigorous screening exercise that those that passed will wait and be hopeful for the final enlistment into the Nigerian Army. The final names were published and those that passed were to resume at the NDA by September 2014 which was later postponed to January 3rd, 2015. “Few weeks into the training we were tested and those that tested positive to drugs were withdrawn. Subsequently, we noticed this propaganda that some cadets were having high blood pressure and others were said to be having color vision problem but these same cadets were tested and passed through the screening. “Four to Five months into the training when these cadets have gone for camp initial, drill square test, oath taking ceremony, novices boxing and even attended bush camps coupled with being grounded in weapon training and handling, tactics, map reading and other courses making up to 23, there were withdrawn that they were medically unfit, without any fair hearing and with hatred, malice and injustice in a conspiracy and lie oriented medical report by both the CO Medical And Co Ashanti Battalion. The commandant and his deputy never took time to grant the cadets fair hearing and just worked on the report from the Medical CO. “On leaving the academy, the cadets went to do a thorough check up and discovered nothing was wrong with them all effort to fight for their rights and get someone to listen to their cries proved abortive as it is said that that is the normal trend. “This war on insurgency, terrorism, kidnapping and more will not stop if the Nigerian Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy keeps training officers for 5 to 9 months and unlawfully withdraw them. These cadets have been well trained on weapon training, tactics, and map reading just to mention a few. They are equipped and have mastered and known in and out of the military operations. I indeed fear the effect on the country”, he stated. When contacted, the Adjutant Ashanti Battalion, Capt. Lezuya, declined comment on the matter, saying he was no longer the Adjutant as he has been moved to Jaji. He, however, directed our correspondent to speak to the NDA authorities for further enquiries. When our correspondent contacted the NDA, the spokesperson of the Academy was said to be away on a seminar, but a source at the institution who will not want his name on print said the cadets withdrawn from the institution must have breached rules and regulations of the Academy, adding that even an hour before the Passing Out Parade, a cadet can still be withdrawn. There is another thinking that the withdrawal might not be unconnected with the recent presidential directive that the institution must ensure that only gallant officers were commissioned into the military. Investigation further revealed that all cases of withdrawal pass through the Academy disciplinary board headed by deputy commandant and two members of the selection board.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by gabzelcot: 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
guys.i hail thee,,really appr8 ur text hear...to
the whole house pls help me out
really feel like applying but base on my discipline
i study HISTORY EDUCATION
PLS with my course of study in accordance to the
publication made by NIGERIA AIRFORCE do u tink am qualify
to apply for DSSC2016
YOUR REACTION AND CRITICS IS WELCOME
But dont 4get to help m out to decide whether to apply or not
base on my course of study in reaction to airfoce publication
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
enlistment into NIGERIAN Armed forces isn't about what you read in school though sometimes they board considers that. it's about Favour and Destiny. if you're destined to be there, your course of study can't stop you. my advice to you is that you apply when the form is out even if they won't publish your course of study. "IT'S BETTER TO TRY AND FAIL THAN NOT TO TRY AT ALL" best luck.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cooleo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
Too many 'I too know around here'. Its funny how u people fail to read instructions properly. You think they just post thoses specific courses there for fun?

Please read here:Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2016 Recruitment will commence on 18th February, 2016 ..

careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng

ELIGIBILITY
All applicants must be nigerian not less than 1.68m tall for males and 1.65m for females. Applicants should be between 22 and 35 years by 31 December, 2016.

QUALIFICATIONS
Interested applicants must posses a minimum second class lower division for first degree holders and lower credit for HND. The specific disciplines required are as follows: Anaesthetic Nurse, Anaesthetrist, Building Engineer, Chemistry Education, Computer Engineer,, Computer Science Education, Criminologist, Data Administrator, Dietician, Ear Nose and Throat Nurse, Electrical engineer, Electrical Electronic Education, English Education, Hospitality Managers(Caterers), Lawyers, Mathematics Education, Mechanical engineer, Network Engineer, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Ophthalmologist, Ophthalmologist Nurse, Optometrist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Paediatric Nurse, Paediatrician, Psychologist, Purchasing and Supply, Radiographer, Radiologist, Satellite Communication Engineer, Satellite images Interpreter, Sociologist, Software developer/Programmer, Statistician, MBA.

*[b]VERY IMPORTANT*
Candidats without any of the above qualifications should not waste their time applying.
[/b]

GUIDELINES
Online registration stars on 18 February 2016 and closes 10 April 2016
Zonal Enlistment exercise will hold from 01-10 May 2016.

NOTE
For further information see instruction page on the website as from 18 February 2016 or call 09 8708475, 09 8704817, 08078406568 or
email: airforce.support@swglobal.com

SHARE THIS INFO WITH YOUR CONTACTS..
SOMEONE MAY HAVE INTEREST
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Cooleo I wouldn't exactly call it 'I too know', this is because people have been known or said to have gotten in without their field of study being advertised, we have heard several stories. Hence he or she who gave the advice for one to apply is simply doing so I believe based on past events. It's up to the applicant to decided which way to go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by VanUrch(m): 7:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Cooleo...Mehn you forget this is Nigeria. There is always a "Standard" in the Armed Forces and there is also the "General Idea"...so chill, like they say "there is no harm in trying..."
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
I know of a Lt in Nigerian Navy who read geography in school and was enlisted into the Nigerian Navy DSSC as a sea man. remember to be enlisted into the Nigerian Navy DSSC as a sea man u must possess a BSc/HND in Nautical Science. like I said earlier, it's about destiny. if you're destined to be there, no power from heaven and earth that can stop you.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 26, 2016
True talk
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cooleo(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2016
Vanurch and mimzy007 you guys have a point though. This is Nigeria and anything can happen. The form is free after all, there is no harm in trying.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cooleo(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by cooleo(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
GenAnsahCinC I'm also patiently waiting for army's SSC. Please be sure to notify us as soon as it comes out as it appears u are well knowledgable about the military.
Cheers!!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by ajila1988: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Patiently waiting
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
please pals is there anything like "NYSC PERMIT"?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by sexyboocalher(f): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good evening house!!!
My younger brother passed out with a 3rd class but wants to buy d form? What do u think?
He is also a niaralander and I would direct him to dis thread.
Thank you so much!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by VanUrch(m): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
sexyboocalher:
Good evening house!!!
My younger brother passed out with a 3rd class but wants to buy d form? What do u think?
He is also a niaralander and I would direct him to dis thread.
Thank you so much!!!!!
He will be sent home at the gate even if he makes the first list...Screening of certificate is the first exercise were they check for stuffs like year/date of birth,year of graduation,even the correlation of ur date of birth with that on your waec cert...don't think he will make it past them no matter how gallant he is. Academic Qualification for the Armed forces DSSC and SSC is always a minimum of 2.2 or lower credit for University and Poly graduates respectively.,He should pray there is an adjustment this time which is very unlikely or just forget about it..dunno..Navy is even restricted to 2.1.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by justice727: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Airforce dssc recruitment is no on, stop giving false info
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
tell your brother to reg for PG at NDA. when he join the military with a masters cert. he will start from Lt Col. but he won't last.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
Welcome. INVITATION OF CANDIDATES FOR 2016 RATINGS RECRUITMENT EXERCISE The Nigerian Navy wishes to inform the general public and all interested candidates that the online registration for 2016 Recruitment Exercise will commence on 5 March 2016 and close on 2 April 2016. You are advised to carefully read all instructions on the Information page on this website. Method of Application: Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on method of application. Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified. Step 1. Create an account on this portal by providing a valid Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password. Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in next time. Step 2. Complete the Ratings Application form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes after submission . Step 3. Download and print a copy of your Application form. The Aptitude Test and Screening of Certificates of candidates will hold from Saturday 9 April 2016 from 8:00 am nationwide at designated centres in various states. You must come along with your printed Application form .
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 1:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:
tell your brother to reg for PG at NDA. when he join the military with a masters cert. he will start from Lt Col. but he won't last.
Boss, please expantiate on this please
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by homosapien(m): 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
GenAnsahCinC:

Wrong information bro, very wrong. If if you join the military with PhD, you start from SECOND LIEUTENANT (2LT)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GenAnsahCinC: 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lt sorry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.