Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php (1384 Views)

Php/mysql And Web App Developers Needed / Amazing Ebooks!!! On Website Design, Php/mysql And Graphics For N3,500 Only!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
I started web-design a few weeks ago but I am very familiar with C/C++/Java for years. My problem is that although I understand how to link my created HTML pages (with CSS and Js) with PHP, especially when I need to submit a form, but I am still yet to get how I can link my HTML/CSS/Js with SQL despite understanding SQL on its own along with PHP. I get it that SQL is like a database for storing client information but its the relationship with other web-lnguages that I don't fully understand. Let's say I am creating a simple web-application that stores name and phone numbers of my friends this is how I understand it works in plain English.
1. Use HTML for the basic things needed for the website (HTML)
2. Use CSS to add colours and stylings to the website. (CSS)
3. Use Javascript to add a few more functionalities to the site (Js)
4. Create a submit button that when clicked will use POST attribute then send the inputed information to a specified location (PHP)

5. Where does SQL come in??
I understand that it is meant to hold all the submitted information but how is it linked to the website? Is it through the HTML document? Or is it automatically added?

I use Xamp, and I know a little on how to use phpmyadmin to create databases and tables but I can't link them with my HTML pages.

Please it is kind of urgent
Re: What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php by omoelu1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
php has an interface with which you can communicate with mySQL.
with your database engine in place, you will use some php functions to carry out the needed operations (like select, delete, insert, update, join and etc) on the database.

on the page the form [data] is submitted to, that is where you establish connections and communications with the database (mysql).

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2015
Marsatto:
I started web-design a few weeks ago but I am very familiar with C/C++/Java for years. My problem is that although I understand how to link my created HTML pages (with CSS and Js) with PHP, especially when I need to submit a form, but I am still yet to get how I can link my HTML/CSS/Js with SQL despite understanding SQL on its own along with PHP. I get it that SQL is like a database for storing client information but its the relationship with other web-lnguages that I don't fully understand. Let's say I am creating a simple web-application that stores name and phone numbers of my friends this is how I understand it works in plain English.
1. Use HTML for the basic things needed for the website (HTML)
2. Use CSS to add colours and stylings to the website. (CSS)
3. Use Javascript to add a few more functionalities to the site (Js)
4. Create a submit button that when clicked will use POST attribute then send the inputed information to a specified location (PHP)

5. Where does SQL come in??
I understand that it is meant to hold all the submitted information but how is it linked to the website? Is it through the HTML document? Or is it automatically added?

I use Xamp, and I know a little on how to use phpmyadmin to create databases and tables but I can't link them with my HTML pages.

Please it is kind of urgent
Sql is a Lang, mysql is the database.

You would need to connect to your database, assuming you've used phpmyadmin to create a database, table..

All you need do from your script is

<? php
$con = mysqli_connect("localhost", "root", "your phpmyadmin password", "test" ) ;
// I assumed your database's name is test.
//to insert values from your firm, you use a query statement

mysqli_query($con, " INSERT INTO `users`() VALUES()"wink;
// I assumed users is the name of your table in the database,
? >
You should consider reading the php manual sha... Other things are still involved,like validating and sanitization

I hope it helps

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
thank you all
Re: What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php by osile2012: 9:45am On Jan 04, 2015
[size=15pt]At some point you will need to store and retrieve data, SQL enables you to transact (Store, retrieve, modify) with the database[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Incredible Mtn, Etisalat, Glo & Airtel Cheats Update. / How Much Does NIIT Scholarship Award Students? / How Do I Increase Sales Using Facebook Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.