Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. (1735 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / How Do One Earn With Hus Blog Hosted On Mywapblog / Google Bans Sex Contents from Sites Hosted On blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hello, pls I need to understand how to access a file host on freehostia.com.

Now am trying to design a web application whereby when I click submit, I need it to call 'a php file execute it and send a 'reply.

Am using freehostia.com becos its free and I want to test and understand how to host a site as well as domain naming. All along I have been using xampp to test my web application.

When I type the following on my website I created hosted by freehostia.com

Kilopaty.com/druid/doop.php

It does not display the content of the file doop.php rather it displays "NOT FOUND the requested URL /druid/doop.php was not found on the server."

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by novacadroit: 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
Not really clear. Are you using a CMS or php? Then you have to connect to your database which u have to create from the cpanel
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hi thanks

am using php only...

mmmh am assuming the file doop.php is in a folder druid that is hosted on freehostia with domain name Kilopaty.com. sorry i hope am giving the right answer.
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by novacadroit: 4:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Can't really tell if it's your index page or your having database issues without more info
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by novacadroit: 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
How many pages do you have just " doop.php"?
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
ok, it seems you are giving me some light, index page... i think i will look at that... i will just create a cms..joomla on it and then rewrite the index.php page with the content of doop.php.

i think this will work.
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Guyson(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
NO, I don't think you uploaded the druid folder to public_html folder.

If you want to access your site directly from "Kilopaty.com", upload an index.php page or index.html page to public_html folder.

If you want to access it from "Kilopaty.com/druid/doop.php", make sure you upload the druid folder to public_html folder.

Tutorial on Website Hosting with FileZilla: http://askguyson.com/website-hosting-with-filezilla/
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2015
hisblud:
Hello, pls I need to understand how to access a file host on freehostia.com.

Now am trying to design a web application whereby when I click submit, I need it to call 'a php file execute it and send a 'reply.

Am using freehostia.com becos its free and I want to test and understand how to host a site as well as domain naming. All along I have been using xampp to test my web application.

When I type the following on my website I created hosted by freehostia.com

Kilopaty.com/druid/doop.php

It does not display the content of the file doop.php rather it displays "NOT FOUND the requested URL /druid/doop.php was not found on the server."

Thanks for your assistance.
Change the file name to Index. Php the server looks for an index file first and make sure you uploaded it to the public_html or home/www
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2015
thanks guys for the points raised and the link will take time to study and improve. once again thank you
Re: Freehostia.com Cannot Display Content Of File Hosted On The Server. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2015
hello guys

thanks for all your support. freehostia was giving me some problem and i tried another free hosting and it displayed my php codes successful.

http://doma.byethost7.com/

your contribution helped me tremendously.

thank thank thank yoooooooooooooooooooooou!

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Et Al.:When Plagiarism Becomes the Cancer of Blogging / Help Needed By Bloggers / We need highly experienced Bitcoin Miners,who can possibly set the system up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.