Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,604 members, 7,955,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? (1686 Views)

Oduduwa Is Your Father, Not Jesus - Ooni Of Ife Told By A Nigerian / Why Dont Yorubas Have Naija Pride / The Yorubas.... Your 'arodan' Experience.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? by Addietunes(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Arodan is something some Yoruba mothers tell their kids to ask for whenever their kids are disturbing them. I was told when I was young to ask of it from my neighbors, I did as told and as soon as our neighbor heard what I said, she understood what was going on, so she played along by telling me to go and ask someone else. That was how I was being played from one person to another until I understood what arodan meant.

Is there anybody else who has witnessed this situation?
Re: To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? by Kimmo(f): 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yes!
The neighbour I'm sent to will bring up all kinds of stories about how she can't find it, or it way atop her wardrobe and her husband is the only one who can reach it, unfortunately he's not home etc etc grin
Re: To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? by remsonik(f): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yes I have o and that day I waka tire for 2 hours before I got back home
Re: To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? by leshluap(m): 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yes now, bt I gt to out-smart them b4 age 5.4 me den everyday na so so arodan, cus I stubborn small.
Re: To The Yorubas, Have You Ever Been Told To Ask For Arodan? by adioolayi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yes oooo....It is a trick to keep away disturbing/troublesom young ones or children whenever the older ones or parents want to relax

(1) (Reply)

The Town In China Where Eggs Are Boiled Using Urine / See The Lies Being Told About Yoruba Religion, In South America / Our Almajiri Projects: A Possible Break Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.