Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

New Year Resolution, No Way, JUST GOALS ... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Year Resolution, No Way, JUST GOALS ... (545 Views)

Can You Spot The Mother In These Pics? No Way! You Can’t! (photos) / Hilarious New Year Resolution My Friend Sent Me On Whatsapp / Pictures: A Fatal Accident Along Onitsha/awka/enugu Express Way Just Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Year Resolution, No Way, JUST GOALS ... by chrisja(m): 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
A new year is here,  so many new year resolution are been made and broken for example I won't smoke again, I will reduce my intake of alcohol(not because it's a sin), I will lose some fats,  I will finally pursue that dream course and many more.  But in a few months you find people back in old habits, Struggling, dejected,  loss of confidence in their ability to achieve anything and they just ride the tide till another December 31 for fresh resolution.
Stop,  No More New Year Resolution.
So what's the way out someone would ask?
Look at your life as one been lived for a purpose and decisions made in specific areas can either make "your world" a better place or you just another person passing by this world with no worthy impact to be remembered by.
Goals in the following areas of your life can help you have a fulfilling 365 days and all around you would be better for it...

Family: This covers how you want your relationship with them to be,  healthy or unhealthy? What kind of impact would you make in their lives? Would they miss your wisdom,  love, cheerfulness, positivity etc. Family is so vital..

Work: What kind of worker you would like to be, in terms of effectiveness, how you are  perceived by your colleagues. Can you be counted on to do a neat, thorough and effective job? Or will they complaints about your poor work ethics stop?

Personal growth, Health,  Body fitness: Personal growth relates to areas you plan to improve on yourself(how you intend to add value to your life) and steps you would take to actualize it e.g you want to read a book,  learn a trade, learn a new language etc. Health covers how your plan to take of habits and tendencies that seem to reduce the life span of your body e.g drinking more water,  cutting off drinks that contains too much sugar,  eating right etc. And Body Fitness,  hmmmm, you want flat tummy,  broader chest,  burn fats? Put a plan in place and work for it.
Relationship: You are probably in one or planning to get into one, what have you got to offer in the relationship. It's not this "mushy mushy"  thing people do,  I love you,  you have fine legs,  you are good in bed and other crap. What have you got to offer that would improve the life of the person you are in a relationship with and they won't be able to live without you. Set a plan the progress of your relationship.
Finance: It's not just enough to receive your salary and before 15th of the new month you are already looking for where  to borrow money abi na only you get responsibility? So please plan you finance. Then also look out for other possible means to earn more funds.
Society: How do want to be remembered where you are right now? Plan to do something for others that doesn't  require you making money. Give a free lecture to someone in need, make your available for one or two socials services to carry out freely
Clothing  and others:They say looking good is is good business,  so plan to attend to your wardrobe 2,3 or 4 times in the year and change some  of what you have and please give them out. We'll others covers any other area you which to add.
Rather than live through  the year and not having any from of achievement to look back on and smile,  set goals in these area,  writing them down, regularly  accessing your progress and adjusting yourself for greater productivity. Your life is yours,  take charge, control, and stir it in the direction you want..

(1) (Reply)

All Grace Events Concept - A Good Fruit / Fire Outbreak At Muyiwa Okpaleye In Emmanuel Bus Stop Aguda / Photo: If You Played This Game Then You're An Ancestor ....LOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.