Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. (1495 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Little Boy Refused To Stand Before An African Player At A Fooball Match In Italy / Nigerian Boxing Champion, Bash Ali Lands In Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by Jossey4real: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Lukas Podolski has just landed in Italy to finalize his loan move. You need to see the number of fans who were waiting to see him arrive at the airport.

The Arsenal forward has been linked with a possible loan switch to <b>Inter Milan</b> and news just coming in confirms he is on the verge of completing a deal which might see him never return to Arsenal.

Arsene Wenger initially tagged Internazionale's interest a joke when they first came with a laughable offer. He stated that the German will not be leaving but later revealed that the Italian club returned with a better offer which might see the deal come to pass. As we speak Podolski is out of North-London.

Arriving at the airport and seeing the crowd that have come to welcome him, the 29-year-old forward who is now tired of sitting on the Arsenal bench was moved with compassion. He had an Inter Milan scarf on his neck and another which he held up high.

While this will be good news for Milan fans, it is certain that Arsenal faithfuls would be so infuriated right now. A player of Podolski's calibre is not one that should be thrown out just like that. He deserves a better treatment than this.

He will be greatly missed both on and off the pitch because he is awesome on the field of play and jovial off it. Success is all we wish him as he continues his career elsewhere.

SOURCE: www.arsenalnewspaper.com/2015/01/picture-fans-welcome-podolski-as-he.html

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by ramdris(m): 1:36am On Jan 03, 2015
Arsene wenger n GEJ have cluelesness as common trait. Wenger just like GEJ has nothing more to offer. To me as an arsenal fc fan and a Nigerian, I strongly believe both should go. However, if one must stay, Let it be wenger.

3 Likes

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 3:19am On Jan 03, 2015
I see Podolski becoming a success at Inter. I wonder why Coach Wenger never used him.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:39am On Jan 03, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
I see Podolski becoming a success at Inter. I wonder why Coach Wenger never used him.
You are yet to figure that out?simple he doesn't help out defensively(Jogi even dropped him for that @ d Mundial).
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2015
tuffgongjo:
You are yet to figure that out?simple he doesn't help out defensively(Jogi even dropped him for that @ d Mundial).
Coach Wenger should have played Podolski up front, where his defensive contributions is reduced. Coach Wenger can not tell me that Giroud or Welbeck is better than Podolski.

1 Like

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Wenger should have played Podolski up front, where his defensive contributions is reduced. Coach Wenger can not tell me that Giroud or Welbeck is better than Podolski.
That I can't say but that is the answer to your question$I don't think Goetze is also better than him right?
And lastly Poldi sucks at holding ball with his back to the post$those other guy can do that better than him.
Maybe that's why he plays on d wing for Germany also,who knows?
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
tuffgongjo:
That I can't say but that is the answer to your question$I don't think Goetze is also better than him right?
And lastly Poldi sucks at holding ball with his back to the post$those other guy can do that better than him.
Maybe that's why he plays on d wing for Germany also,who knows?
Giroud is not outstanding holding the ball either. Same with Sanogo. However, Coach Wenger give them more games than Podolski.

Why not give Podolski a chance? Why leave him on the bench to rot? Then field weaker players.

I wish Podolski the best at Internationale Milan.

1 Like

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Giroud is not outstanding holding the ball either. Same with Sanogo. However, Coach Wenger give them more games than Podolski.

Why not give Podolski a chance? Why leave him on the bench to rot? Then field weaker players.

I wish Podolski the best at Internationale Milan.
Giroud may not be the best but he is a better "Arrow"head than Podolski who only feels comfortable play when he is facing the post.
Why do you think he is not played in that role. By Jogi despite no more Mario Gomez,Asamoah Gerard,Kevin Kuranyi,Klose on a decline?
He is yet to cut it @ any big club as a point man you know?so are all those coaches dumb?
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Why do you think Gomez was off-loaded for Mandzukic?
Why Welbeck starts ahead of Chicharito?
Or Benzema preferred to Higuain?
Happy sunday bro.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Why do you think Gomez was off-loaded for Mandzukic?
Why Welbeck starts ahead of Chicharito?
Or Benzema preferred to Higuain?
Happy sunday bro.
Chicarito/Welbeck was criticised by many. Coach Ferguson played Welbeck when it was rosy. When things got difficult and he needed a real star to win the game, he threw in Chicarito. That tells a lot.

Mandzukic was a better finisher than Gomez any day. There was no way he would be kept over Mandzukic.

Benzema and Higuain was a healthy competition. There was no clear preference.

I repeat, Podolski is a better finisher and goal getter than Welbeck. Watch Arsenal matches and see Welbeck miss chances for fun. You will wonder how he benches Podolski.

1 Like

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Giroud may not be the best but he is a better "Arrow"head than Podolski who only feels comfortable play when he is facing the post.
Why do you think he is not played in that role. By Jogi despite no more Mario Gomez,Asamoah Gerard,Kevin Kuranyi,Klose on a decline?
He is yet to cut it @ any big club as a point man you know?so are all those coaches dumb?
The difference between Podolski not cutting it at Bayern and the German national team is the class of attackers.

Giroud or Welbeck will not cut it against the likes of Gomez, Klose, Muller etc. But Welbeck? That is a joke.

1 Like

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by Afrok(m): 12:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Wenger will never learn, work on the fitness of ur players and stop releasing the few ones that tries to stay fit. Is that difficult to understand for Wenger and Arsenal fc officials?

1 Like

Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2015
each time I sees Joel Campbell on the bench and players like Welbeck/Chamberlain/Sanogo running around like headless chicken ifeel like weeping.
arsenal fans wot has happen to la professor? .
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
The difference between Podolski not cutting it at Bayern and the German national team is the class of attackers.

Giroud or Welbeck will not cut it against the likes of Gomez, Klose, Muller etc. But Welbeck? That is a joke.
They may not cut it,but they are better than poldi as an "arrow"head.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Chicarito/Welbeck was criticised by many. Coach Ferguson played Welbeck when it was rosy. When things gets difficult and he needs a real star to won the game, he throws in Chicarito. That tells a lot.

Mandzukic was a better finisher than Gomez any day. There was no way he would be kept over Mandzukic.

I repeat, Podolski is a better finisher and goal getter than Welbeck. Watch Arsenal matches and see Welbeck miss chances for fun. You will wonder how he benches Podolski.
Mandzukic was not better than Gomez as a poacher,why he was retained instead of Gomez is because of his all round play style while Gomez is just a box 18 player.Poldi may edge Welbeck but not better than olivier when it comes to leading the line.
Fergie played Welbeck ahead of Chicha because he contributes more to the team than Chicha who is even less of use because Rvp$Roo were doing the scoring that season.
I bet you never read the interview when he likened Benzema to hunting with a Dog$Higuain to hunting with a Cat.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by tuffgongjo(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Chicarito/Welbeck was criticised by many. Coach Ferguson played Welbeck when it was rosy. When things gets difficult and he needs a real star to won the game, he throws in Chicarito. That tells a lot.

Mandzukic was not better than Gomez as a poacher,why he was retained instead of Gomez is because of his all round play style while Gomez is just a box 18 player.Poldi may edge Welbeck but not better than olivier when it comes to leading the line.
Fergie played Welbeck ahead of Chicha because he contributes more to the team than Chicha who is even less of use because Rvp$Roo were doing the scoring that season.
I bet you never read the interview when Mou likened Benzema to hunting with a Dog$Higuain to hunting with a Cat.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
tuffgongjo:
I bet you never read the interview when Mou likened Benzema to hunting with a Dog$Higuain to hunting with a Cat.
I do not need Mourinho to give me a view of Benzema and Higuain. I watched Benzema as a youngster at Lyon when he played along side Hatem Ben Arfa.

Benzema is lethal on his good day but has terrible finishing some times. Higuain on the other hand is an exceptional finishing but he is not as good as Benzema on the ball.

It was a healthy competition and there was no actual preference. Higuain left because he prefers to play than stay on the limelight at Real and playing few games.

We can talk long about how much Welbeck contributes to the game. However, what does all the work rate give if no one scores the goals. Chicarito was a goal machine and deserved a better run of games.

As for Fergie, he dropped Pogba to bring back a retired Paul Scholes. I can not use his judgement as a high quality opinion.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
tuffgongjo:
I bet you never read the interview when he likened Benzema to hunting with a Dog$Higuain to hunting with a Cat.
Mario Gomez is a frustrating finisher. If you put him and Mandzukic in front and give them equal chances, Mandzukic will out score him.
Re: SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal. by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
tuffgongjo:
They may not cut it,but they are better than poldi as an "arrow"head.
I do not think so. Most times, Giroud's game comes out frustrating. His style kills the pace because he holds on to the ball too long. Unlike Ibrahimovic and Berbatov. A better alternative is to have a skillful player up front who can take on players and strike from range. Just like Ronaldo De Lima and Aguero. So why do you think Podolski, who is more skillful and is the best shooter in the club isn't better playing upfront than Welbeck and Giroud.

(1) (Reply)

Is Manchester United Under Ferguson The Greatest In Match-fixing / SHOCKING !!! Monaco's Kylian Mbappe Lotin Has Nigerian Roots - SEE REASON / Dont Joke With Your Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.