Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? (1510 Views)

Funny Answers Provided By A Semi-literate Warri Guy During A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by emeka94(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
I've often heard people say that wearing skimpy dresses/clothes are un-African. The few pictures of Our forebears that I have seen, shows them wearing next to nothing (both men and women). So am confused where did the saying that skimpy dresses is not un-african come from? And also for those people arguing that wearing of skimpy dresses is the reason why most women are raped, is it that African forebears had no libido or is the modern men sexual predators.

Disclaimer: nudity or semi-nudity doesn't make a woman pretty and am not in support of it. angry

Re: Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by emeka94(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2015

Re: Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by lomaxx: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2015
I'm trying to find the bearing of this thread. What point are you trying to pass across!? I'm seeing rape and culture/tradition - what's the correlation?
Re: Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2015

Re: Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by emeka94(m): 2:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
lomaxx:
I'm trying to find the bearing of this thread. What point are you trying to pass across!? I'm seeing rape and culture/tradition - what's the correlation?

am trying to point out to people that say wearing skimpy clothes is un-african and a borrowed concept from the west, that we Africans, from the beginning, have been wearing attires that didn't properly cover them up.

the rape statement is trying to point out that wearing of revealing clothes is not the predominant cause of rape, else our forebears would have successfully raped their women beyond repair.
Re: Unclothedness/semi-Unclothedness: Is It African Or Not? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
emeka94:

am trying to point out to people that say wearing skimpy clothes is un-african and a borrowed concept from the west, that we Africans, from the beginning, have been wearing attires that didn't properly cover them up.

the rape statement is trying to point out that wearing of revealing clothes is not the predominant cause of rape, else our forebears would have successfully raped their women beyond repair.
Totally.

Rape, among other common crimes are a direct result of the breakdown of the African social system, and replacement with an insufficient economic and social system. Civilization indeed.

Meet the Turkana,
a purely nomadic nilotic community of Northern Kenya.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ladys How Much Are You Worth? Lobola An APP TO Calculate Your Brideprice ;D / Advance Happy New Year 2016 Images, Wallpapers For Gf BF / Oloshi Egbema Now Have a King.pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.