Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) (986 Views)

We Must Tame Corporate Greed -speaker Dogara. / Shocking Video: Man Catches Snake, Sucks The Poison Out Of It To Tame It / 5 Ways To Make A Man Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
Managing anger is not an easy task. My humble self had to battle with this monster that can cause friction between you and people around you. After applying the steps below, I started observing improvements in my relationship with people around me...family members/relatives, co-workers, neighbours, friends, etc. I just feel these steps can help people who are facing similar issues, so I decided to open this thread so others who have temper issues would learn. Thanks to Awake Magazine which has been very educating. The following are the steps to tame your temper:

1. Make a goal: instead of saying, 'that's just the way I am', strive to improve within a specified period of 6 months. During that period, keep a record of your progress. Each time you lose your temper, write down (1)what happened (2) how you reacted, and (3) how you could have reacted- and why. Make it a duty to use that better reaction the next time you are provoked.

2. Wait before reacting: When someone or something angers you, do not say the first thing that comes to your mind. Instead, wait, take a deep breath if necessary. If you say the first thing that comes to your mind, you may later regret it!

3. Expand your view: Sometimes, you might become angry because you see only one aspect of the issue - the part that affects you. Try to consider the other side of the matter.

4. If necessary, walk away: it is very wise to walk away before the quarrel breaks out. It is best to walk out away from a volatile situation. Then, rather than dwelling over the matter and letting your anger build even more , get active.

5. Learn to let go: if you allow others to provoke you all the time, you give them power over you and your emotions! Why not try to be mature and overlook the matter. If you do, you will be controlling your anger rather than letting your anger control you.

Please, be mature and open minded towards this thread. We can also use this medium to relate our anger issues because I believe there are others too, who have faced similar cases.

Happy New Year to you all!!!
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Ewizard(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari needs diz... So he won't soak his self in his blood after pdp must ve rigged d febuary election.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ewizard:
Buhari needs diz... So he won't soak his self in his blood after pdp must ve rigged d febuary election.

Dude, you're funny...but on a more serious note, anyone that has anger issues needs it.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mods, please help me move this to front page. This one is very educating. Others can share in this information. Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by shakazuldadon: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
cryI lost the lady I love because of anger... ave improved now but she no go believe me again. cryI lost the lady I love because of anger... ave improved now but she no go believe me again.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
shakazuldadon:
cryI lost the lady I love because of anger... ave improved now but she no go believe me again. cryI lost the lady I love because of anger... ave improved now but she no go believe me again.

She must have left in fear. The truth is that people try as much as possible to avoid those with fiery temper...they are scared. Pele, I hope she believes you. Look for better ways to let her see the changes. Success!!!
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Movesz(m): 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Plan b
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Movesz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
shakazuldadon:
wow how nice to meet you...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

NA ME DEY FvCK YOUR BABE NOW..
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Movesz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rapmoney:

She must have left in fear. The truth is that people try as much as possible to avoid those with fiery temper...they are scared. Pele, I hope she believes you. Look for better ways to let her see the changes. Success!!!
i gave her something better.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by holycrown7(m): 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
my guy this is a nice work, people who are yet to realise themselves may not appreciate this, and on a serious note we all need it, in an environment like ours, almost everyone can fall victim of anger, people around, economy, even government can make you mad. All of us have this issue, only at different level. Promise to add more to this from my personal anger treatment.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Movesz:
i gave her something better.

Like what bro?
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Movesz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rapmoney:

Like what bro?
m'dick in her boobs,mouth,yash hole..then to the promise land.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by shakazuldadon: 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
Movesz:
wow how nice to meet you...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

NA ME DEY FvCK YOUR BABE NOW..

[quote author=Movesz post=29455408]wow how nice to meet you...

Good luck with that.... hahaahahaha. Lol...
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
shakazuldadon:

Please don't derail this thread.
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
holycrown7:
my guy this is a nice work, people who are yet to realise themselves may not appreciate this, and on a serious note we all need it, in an environment like ours, almost everyone can fall victim of anger, people around, economy, even government can make you mad. All of us have this issue, only at different level. Promise to add more to this from my personal anger treatment.

Thanks bro. Peeps like you keeps us opening nice threads!
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by Rapmoney(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2015
holycrown7:

I stll dey wait for the ones wey you wan add o!
Re: A Thread For Those With Temper (5 Ways To Tame Your Temper) by tpiander: 12:58am On Sep 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Sign Online Petition Against NEPA/PHCN / Nigeria And Its Space Program / See What A Nairalander Killed In Their Enugu Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.