Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! (828 Views)

5 Things Nigerian Men Should Not Wear While Travelling / Nigerian Travellers Squeezed As Foreign Airlines Stop Ticket Sales In Naira / 10 Things Nigerian Customs Must Not Find In Your Baggage (2) (3) (4)

Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Rapmoney(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
There are some things that are so annoying which travellers do in Naija. I swear, my guy, you go just dey vex anyhow when you notice these things. Below are some of the annoying things:

1. Booking Seats: Just the way Nairalanders book space, that's how some Nigerians book seats down at the park. This is very common in big transport companies like Agofure Motors, Ekenedilichukwu and Chisco. Dem go drop their big box for the seat wen near window, then waka comot go smoke cigarette or go chop for one Buka close by without informing anybody. When the bus is about to leave, everyone starts looking for them. The worst part of it is that they won't even apologize when they return. Anybody when question dem like: 'Guy, haba where you go since? You dor delay us o!' You go hear reply like 'Wetin be your own? Person nor go chop again?' grin Very annoying sha.

2. Buying things when the bus has started moving: Women are mostly guilty of this one! They won't buy what ever they want when the bus is still loading. When the bus starts moving, that's when they will remember that they will be needing Lacasera and Gala or bread. This act is very annoying because it delays the journey, especially if the destination is very far. e.g Warri to Iloringrin And don't try to criticize them. If you do, you go hear reply like 'Shuo! Person nor fit buy something again?' or 'So make I leave my change go?' grin

3. Making loud phone calls: I was so unlucky on one particular occasion while travelling from Warri to Enugu. I sat close to a dude who talked loudly on phone from Warri to Awka where he highlighted. I thanked God so much and did sign of the cross secretly when he informed the driver that he would be stopping at Awka. This dude was just talking of huge amounts of money and make-believe contracts. I wonder who he was trying to impress because the women in the bus looked like married ones. I looked at him from head to toe and he didn't even look like one who had up to 50k in his account. His English was very bad also.

4. The women toastersgrin : Students in tertiary institutions are mostly guilty of this. Dem like sit down near a fine babe for the bus. If you are not aware of their motive and you try to take position close to the babe, you go hear: ' Guy, person dey there o!' By the time the babe no give dem face for the bus, dem go come dey wan form paddy paddy with yougrin

5. Eating and leaving food particles on co-travellers: During corn and Ube (pear) season, you go fear fear. Some peeps just buy whatever they see on the way and while eating, the body of the person sitting close to them might be used as waste bin. Again, women are mostly guilty of this, especially those with babies. By the time you reach your destination, you go see Ube seed for inside your pocketgrin

Prease (In Urhobo accent) add yours.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by holatin(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
farting after consuming all junk at loading stations
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Fabdedon(m): 4:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
1.Turning second driver insturcting him on how he supposed to have swerved the pot hole or speed,
2.Snoring while sleeping in the bus
3.chewing gum in the wrong manner
4.screaming at every pot hole or close to an accident
5. After passing nkpor juction you will den tell d driver '' i go drop for Nkpor juction oo
6.Snaping pictures of almost every thing they see as if they will never pass that area again.
7.playing they music loud esp d ones not much accepted...
8.. Adey come.. grin
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by DesChyko: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Giving a detailed information on his/her life and criticizing every damned thing on the road..
You'll hear things like:
"Oh.. See hold-up! That's why I dislike travelling by road. If only Dan Dollars didn't cancel my flight.. Mtschew!!"grin
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
Fabdedon:
1.Turning second driver insturcting him on how he supposed to have swerved the pot hole or speed,
2.Snoring while sleeping in the bus
3.chewing gum in the wrong manner
4.screaming at every pot hole or close to an accident
5. After passing nkpor juction you will den tell d driver '' i go drop for Nkpor juction oo
6.Snaping pictures of almost every thing they see as if they will never pass that area again.
7.playing they music loud esp d ones not much accepted...
8.. Adey come.. grin

Lol...your nos 5 and 7. Very true and annoying. I wonder why some people won't use head phones in the bus while travelling.
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
DesChyko:
Giving a detailed information on his/her life and criticizing every damned thing on the road..
You'll hear things like:
"Oh.. See hold-up! That's why I dislike travelling by road. If only Dan Dollars didn't cancel my flight.. Mtschew!!"grin

My guy, all na washing grin
Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Fabdedon(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rapmoney:

Lol...your nos 5 and 7. Very true and annoying. I wonder why some people won't use head phones in the bus while travelling.
they think everyone would like it like they do.. smiley

Re: Annoying Things Nigerian Travellers Do!!! by Rapmoney(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
Fabdedon:
they think everyone would like it like they do.. smiley

Its an uncivilized act, bro wink

4 Signs That Show You Have A Packing Problem / I Need Urgent Assistant,pls Help / Studying In Ukraine.... How Is It Like?