Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,350 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! (833 Views)

Nigeria 1 - 1 Equatorial Guinea (Olympic Games Qualifier). / Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Burkina Faso, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon - AFCON 2015 Group A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by bolliejay(m): 7:30am On Jan 04, 2015
As FEGUIFUT is set to appoint Becker as coach
Speculations linking out-of-contract Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi with the vacant position of head coach of the  Equatorial Guinea national team have been put to rest with plans by that country’s football association to appoint Esteban Becker to replace Andoni Goikoetxea.
Equatorial Guinea have opted not to renew coach Goikoetxea’s contract, which expired on 31 December.
The country’s football association (FEGUIFUT) claims Goikoetxea breached his contract by not travelling to Portugal with the team on 16 December.
As a result Goikoetxea was sacked, a decision sanctioned by new FEGUIFUT president Andres Jorge Mbomio. Following the sack of the former handler, the 2013 Afcon-winning Keshi was widely speculated as his possible replacement. With the latest development from that country, Keshi whose place in Nigeria is still shrouded in uncertainty remains in limbo.
Equatorial Guinea have just over two weeks with the team before they kick off the Nations Cup against Congo on 17 January.
Argentine Becker, 50, was previously in charge of Equatorial Guinea’s women’s team, who he led to the 2012 Nations Cup title.
As well as facing Congo, Becker would lead his new team out against Burkina Faso and Gabon in Group A.
Equatorial Guinea stepped in as last-minute replacements for original hosts Morocco, who failed in their plea to the Confederation of African Football to postpone the tournament because of fears over the potential spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
As a result Equatorial Guinea were handed Morocco’s place at the finals, despite having been eliminated during qualifying after they were penalised for fielding an ineligible player.

I tat keshi once boasted that more than 3countries wanna sign him.......why is he still jobless till now?? To me he is not a good coach, he won afcon by fluke and playerks determination or wat ya think?

1 Like

Re: Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by northhammer: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2015
@Boliejay
Nobody is interested in this matter, The nff president has said we should leave Keshi alone support him, so please let keshi matter
to rest. nff are still holding talks with him. you are not doing our football any good, he failed to qualify lets forget that and move ahead. let
nff do their job. please seun close this thread.
Re: Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by starlingbawa(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2015
The fact that Equatorial Guinea didn't appoint Keshi as their head coach doesn't make him the worst coach on earth.

I refuse to accept that he won the 2013 AFCON for Nigeria because he was lucky, HELL NO!

I'm not a huge fan of his tactical capacity but then let's not be in a haste to forget that he (Keshi) is the first home grown coach to win the AFCON. He took Nigeria to the last 16 of the FIFA WC, a feat last achieved in 1998.

Please' let's not be too quick to condemn him because he failed to qualify Nigeria for the 2015 AFCON. Siasia failed to qualify for the 2012 edition yet he didn't get as much criticism as Keshi is presently experiencing.

The NFF president has come out to say we should all leave Keshi alone and I 'STRONGLY AGREE' too!

The topic of the thread clearly points out that the OP was biased even from inception...

I rest my case!!!

1 Like

Re: Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by vickylinco(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
starlingbawa:
The fact that Equatorial Guinea didn't appoint Keshi as their head coach doesn't make him the worst coach on earth.

I refuse to accept that he won the 2013 AFCON for Nigeria because he was lucky, HELL NO!

I'm not a huge fan of his tactical capacity but then let's not be in a haste to forget that he (Keshi) is the first home grown coach to win the AFCON. He took Nigeria to the last 16 of the FIFA WC, a feat last achieved in 1998.

Please' let's not be too quick to condemn him because he failed to qualify Nigeria for the 2015 AFCON. Siasia failed to qualify for the 2012 edition yet he didn't get as much criticism as Keshi is presently experiencing.

The NFF president has come out to say we should all leave Keshi alone and I 'STRONGLY AGREE' too!

The topic of the thread clearly points out that the OP was biased even from inception...

I rest my case!!!
seconded bro
Re: Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by starlingbawa(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
vickylinco:

seconded bro

Thanks a million!!!
Re: Desperado Keshi Loses Out On Equatorial Guinea Job!!! by bolliejay(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2015
It really quite surprise when people are still saying Keshi is a good coach. Honestly,we all like him as a person and a Nigerian cos he is our brother and our former captain but in terms technical know how am very sorry,he is very poor,he cant read games. he lacks the rudiments of a good tactician. He is also too proud, arrogant, stubborn and self centered . A good coach will never snub his best legs and expects result.

It took Victor Moses’ individual brilliance to see us qualify for the knockout stage of the 2013 Nations Cup, most times we bank on Ahmed Musa to rescue us and that has been our problem. You don’t need to depend on a particular player every time. The player were just determined to beat CIV and thats how we won.

Keshi picked gabriel over joel obi, took agbim to the world cup, picked ameobi over obafemi martins, uchebo over imoh ezekeil. Keshi destroyed Nigerian football....how can you leave established stars like Ikechukwu Uche, Martins and Haruna Lukman out of his squads and invite players from third-rate leagues to play for Nigeria just because of his selfish interest.

keshi is nothing but a shameless leech. Any honorable human would have quit as soon as Nigeria failed to make Afcon. But keshi is busy begging the shameless, clueless president of Nigeria to retain him as coach.

Ex Inetrnationals: Jonathan Akpoborie, Austin Okocha, Sunday Oliseh, Garba LAwal, Taribo west etc cant all be wrong

For those who know about the technicality of the game, it is obvious that from what we have seen in the last two years that Stephen Keshi is not good enough for our national team. Anyone clamoring for Keshi as coach at this point hates soccer.

(1) (Reply)

100 % Sure Bet Tips, Schalke 04 Vs Real Madrid / Emmanuel Emenike Forces Own Substitution Amid Abuse From Fenerbache Supporters / European Worst Team Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.