Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! (691 Views)

An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Nairaland Needs Improvement / Rainfall Breaks Tall Tree In Gombe. Photos updated!! / Romance Section: Just What Nairaland Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Tomjazzy2: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2015
I don't know if this has ever been discussed on this forum or not. No offence or ridicule intended but honestly, the smileys on nairaland needs to be updated to meet contemporary standard!
Do a comparative analysis and you would easily realize how obsolete the smileys on this forum are. We all know the importance of smileys in terms of expression. Sometimes, with the help of these smileys, one can easily express his/her self without even typing a single word.

Lets take for example, laughter. There are some post you will find very hilarious on a particular thread, and you may want to express yourself using smiley, the only one you can readily find here, is just a big grin, angry and nothing more.

Please improvement in this regard will be highly appreciated by myself and many others who share thesame view. Ironically, other forums with less traffic seem to be far ahead of nairaland in this direction
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by cirmuell(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2015
I feel the same too bro...some times i use external smileys in my post whenever I feel I needed more than i can get here.

I think Seun is helpless as regard this though, as smileys on this forum are SMF pre-installed. I'll be glad if he can do something about it sha. I love smileys.
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2015
My guy d tin tire me. If na to ban person anyhow, dem go do dt one sharp sharp angry Make una cm ban me again tongue
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Tomjazzy2: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2015
@Cirmeull, though I didnt understand what you meant by SMF-preinstalled, I still believe if Seun really wants to bring smiley update, he can.

@hamer, funny you.
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by cirmuell(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
@Cirmeull, though I didnt understand what you meant by SMF-preinstalled, I still believe if Seun really wants to bring smiley update, he can.

@hamer, funny you.
Nairaland is powered by simple machine forum, and the smiley comes with it(pre-installed). it's like buying android phone and you want to replace it with window os. I seriously wish he can tweak the thing though(he's done a lot of tweaking already).

lol you got the name wrong though, it's Cirmuell. cool
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Tomjazzy2: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
cirmuell:
Nairaland is powered by simple machine forum, and the smiley comes with it(pre-installed). it's like buying android phone and you want to replace it with window os. I seriously wish he can tweak the thing though(he's done a lot of tweaking already).

lol you got the name wrong though, it's Cirmuell. cool
Oh, I see. Atleast something can still be done.
Sorry about the name tho grin
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by cirmuell(m): 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
Oh, I see. Atleast something can still be done.
Sorry about the name tho grin
yeah, no biggie. cool

I may be wrong though, Seun is in the best position to explain everything. ciao.
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Tomjazzy2:

@hamer, funny you.
bt na d truth be dat. I'm waitin 4 dem to unban my old moniker angry
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Tomjazzy2: 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
cirmuell:
yeah, no biggie. cool

I may be wrong though, Seun is in the best position to explain everything. ciao.
Yeah right.
Re: Smileys On Nairaland Needs To Be Updated Asap! by Tomjazzy2: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
hammer2010:
bt na d truth be dat. I'm waitin 4 dem to unban my old moniker angry
hahaha. May be you need to stop going against the site rules na

(1) (Reply)

I See Buhari As Next President. Jonathan Can Not Do Anything About That- OBJ / Letter To Barcanista / Elephant On The Menu For Mugabe's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.