Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches (1774 Views)

Photo Of The Warning I Saw On A Fence In Port-Harcourt / Eco Bank Branches In Ado Ekiti Locked. / The Worst GT Bank I Ve Been To GTB Okwi Road Enugu... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
I've you notice it since they started operation,

Can anyone tell me why GT Bank doesn't fence its branches...??

#inquisitivemind
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by omosefeobi: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
that's kind of true hmmmm an idle mind can really do alot
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by jcflex(m): 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Thot I was the only one, wondering abt GTB not fencing there compound, meanwhile I have seen jst one branch of GTB been fence. bt can't really remember the location, bt thot is along lekki axis in lagos or so, not too sure anyway
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by simplemach(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
Yea its true they dont fence, but to know why, pls call their customer care.
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
jitmas:

#inquisitivemind
To save costs obviously.
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Allureoftheseas(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
What's the point fencing when they know one can hardly rob a bank successfully...
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
Maybe they don't want to be attacked unaware
or
they have powerful cctv that scan a wide area..

#Just_thinking
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
True
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Tattooboy: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
most people dont know it's even easier to rob a fenced building as no one knows wat's down inside

2 Likes

Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 05, 2015
jitmas:

#inquisitivemind
congrats for finally noticing. The practice is part of their corporate ideology of being am open, trust worthy bank with nothing to hide and accessible to everyone. And i must say i love, love, love it. It's inline with global best practices. Travel abroad and see businesses are not as fence crazy as we in Naija.

Goes to show we can actually do without this ugly Naija practice of high walls/fence everywhere.
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 05, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
What's the point fencing when they know one can hardly rob a bank successfully...

Says who..
Getting more advanced with RPGs/explosives to take out the doors, imagine gang of 15 fully armed men with thousands of rounds and mind you they go on every mission like its gonna be their last. 8men inside, 5men outside and the 2men have nothing to do but to reload emptied magazines. With the release of 10shots in the air outside the bank, the congested and traffic prone street will turn a ghost town/street in one minute, you'll wonder what has happened to the traffic. If I hear say men in Black go show.
Its happening around us and funniest cases, some bank robberies lasts more than an hour and they will leave successfully.
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 05, 2015
I perceived that you are a staff of Gtbank..

chukux2:

congrats for finally noticing. The practice is part of their corporate ideology of being am open, trust worthy bank with nothing to hide and accessible to everyone. And i must say i love, love, love it. It's inline with global best practices. Travel abroad and see businesses are not as fence crazy as we in Naija.

Goes to show we can actually do without this ugly Naija practice of high walls/fence everywhere.

Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Allureoftheseas(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2015
Sile12:

Says who..
Getting more advanced with RPGs/explosives to take out the doors, imagine gang of 15 fully armed men with thousands of rounds and mind you they go on every mission like its gonna be their last. 8men inside, 5men outside and the 2men have nothing to do but to reload emptied magazines. With the release of 10shots in the air outside the bank, the congested and traffic prone street will turn a ghost town/street in one minute, you'll wonder what has happened to the traffic. If I hear say men in Black go show.
Its happening around us and funniest cases, some bank robberies lasts more than an hour and they will leave successfully.

You must be an arm robber.
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 05, 2015
Sile12:

Says who..
Haba,Egbon,see as u analyse dem operation wella,i no go talk nitemi o
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

Abeg,i no fit laugh,
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

lol, nothing nothing o I beg. Just dey imagine ni o...
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by overdrive(m): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

grin
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
And you must be a police...

Allureoftheseas:

Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
U don watch better film be dat oo,

hope ur mouth no go land you into oga police net..

Sile12:

lol, nothing nothing o I beg. Just dey imagine ni o...
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
jitmas:
U don watch better film be dat oo,

hope ur mouth no go land you into oga police net..

Hissshhh...
E dey happen...
U don see 44 minutes?
Re: Why GT Bank Doesn't Fence Its Branches by YhungPablo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
jcflex:
Thot I was the only one, wondering abt GTB not fencing there compound, meanwhile I have seen jst one branch of GTB been fence. bt can't really remember the location, bt thot is along lekki axis in lagos or so, not too sure anyway
no fenced gtb along lekki axis. Btwn its not only gtb

(1) (Reply)

Crazy! I Sleep With Dead Bodies, Proud Mortuary Worker / Don't click. / Routesms In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.