Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Data Backup-methods You Can Use To Protect Your Data - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Data Backup-methods You Can Use To Protect Your Data (576 Views)

How To Find The Best Online Data Backup Service . / Three Methods To Backup Your Computer Data / How To Backup Data On Your Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Data Backup-methods You Can Use To Protect Your Data by nkolakacharles: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Most home computer and even business users never think of backing up their data simple because they never think that they can lose their data someday . Having such imagination is very bad because that is the greatest risk one can ever take . Imagine loosing the whole data of your business . This can even cause your business to collapse . So it is a wise idea to have a backup plan for your data or a restore plan that will protect your business should something go wrong . Computers nowadays are absolute necessity to our lifes and the data which resides on our computer is the most important asset . What will you do incase you lose your business data or your very important data ?
There are many reasons for data loss which may happen someday to you . You can lose your data through computer hardware failure , software failure , natural disaster , computer theft , fire and more . I have been in the IT industry for more than 10 year now and have heard of stories where computers were stolen from offices . Laptops stolen from the seat of cars . Just by forgetting your laptop somewhere , you may never find it again . There have been a case where the computers of a company where stolen and the company hard to ceased trading for about 9 Months . If they hard a backup plan in place this wouldn't have happened . My best advise is that you should prevent data loss in the first place by implementing a data backup plan . Avoid saying that data loss can never happen to you .
The ways you can secure your data are many . You can use :

CD or DVD to store your data . CD or DVD storage is great for individuals but it can somehow be costly . A CD stores 700MB of data . So incase you have 50GB of data to store , how many CD's will you need ? You will need about 35 CD's . You can see that it can be very costly and time consuming incase you want to view your data .

Another method you can use to backup your data is external hard drives . We now have external hard drives having very small size like an iphone and having a storage capacity of 500GB and more . The are very small to the extend that you can carry them along with you . However external hard drives has their own disadvantages . Most often they fail to function after a length of time . They fail to function just like Laptops and you might not be able to access your data again . This has actually happened to me . Due to their very small size , they can easily be stolen or they may get missing . So the probability of losing your data with an external hard drive is very high .

The third and most important method of protecting your data is offsite backup . Ofsite backup is the process where your data is hosted with a company online in a different location . The company will provide to you an online storage space when you register with them on their website . You just need to login in your online storage space then upload all your data to their server . Their server may be located in another country . The company may have about 3 different servers located in 3 different countries so that your data can be replicated or transferred to these servers . This ensures that your data is highly protected . The storage space provided by these offsite backup companies are very great . You can store about 500GB of data , 1000GB of data and more . No need to worry about storage space . Most businesses today are using offsite backup and even lots of individuals . With offsite backup , you don't need to be afraid of your data been lost due to natural disaster such as fire , Hurricanes , floods and more .

To read other articles why you should backup your data and to see a list of some free online data backup services visit http://www.online-backup-service.net
Re: Data Backup-methods You Can Use To Protect Your Data by siegfried99(m): 12:10am On Jan 05, 2015

cool
Re: Data Backup-methods You Can Use To Protect Your Data by devintristan: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2019
Data can and should be protected and backed up at all time. I use Spinbackup for its office 365 backup service at https://spinbackup.com/products/office-365-backup/ and more. It offers me to protect my computer and data from ransomware and even teaches me to do migrate my data. I find it as the best-suited service for me.

(1) (Reply)

Save $129 By Ordreing Dedicated Server In Canada At TEMOK.COM | Xeon E5-1620v2 / Special Web Development Training / $1 Unlimited Hosting | Free Script Installer | SEO Tools | NL/UK/US- Prewebhost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.