Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks (897 Views)

TRAPPED.... The Story Of A Wife / Trapped - The Underworld (series Two) / Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2015
Hello everyone,

You can now get a free copy of Trapped- The Underworld. This particular copy is the first in the 'Trapped Series.' Sometime in February, the series two will be out, and then the series three.

Summary of The Story

Jason Motom was a wealthy man in his early thirties. He had the body of a model and the life of a celebrity. He was a man who loved flashy cars with multiple functions, and as such, he became the proud manufacturer and distributor of the Motom H series cars which were named after him.

Jason enjoyed riches and great fame for years. However, six years into his car manufacturing business, and just when he was about to release a new and superb model of the Motom H series into the market, problem struck. Jason suddenly slept and woke up to a surprise he never expected.

His body had been taken, and so had his life and everything that belonged to him. His soul was suddenly trapped in an underworld, a place where thousands of other souls had also been trapped.

There, he learned about the body snatchers and how they go about deceiving people into signing deals with them. The deal is simple, riches for your body. So many unsuspecting victims fell into the trap, and more were still falling.

In the face of his unfortunate circumstance, Jason made friends with other people who were willing to war against the evil that had taken their bodies, and reclaim what had been stolen from them. Also, they needed to put a complete end to the existance of the body snatchers.

Will they succeed? Or will they fail?

How to get a free copy of the book

To get a free copy, simply download and install okadabooks app in your phone. You can get it on google play store or visit okadabooks.com. Those whose phones run on Android, or those who use Blackberry can follow this link http://www.iammagnus.com/2014/12/how-to-install-okadabooks-app-on.html?m=1 . There, you will find a download link, as well as step by step instructions on how to download and install the okadabooks app.

However, the good news is that you can install the app in any device whatsoever. Be it Blackberry, Windows and even NITEL phones! So feel free to use any of the above links.

Once you have downloaded and installed the app, simply search for the title of the book. It is completely FREE! So try to be among the many who will get theirs.

God Bless You All, God Bless Your Families and Happy New Year!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
My Best Friend's Husband and I

By: Denna Westhills

My room was not so big, but it was cozy enough and well furnished. I liked that it was just okay, or at least, spacious enough for me and the kids. If they ever got frightened and couldn't stay in their own rooms, or just wanted to be with me, they could, and we would still be very comfortable. For one whole year, I lived in that room as Patrick Powey's wife, but, we never hugged, neither did we kiss or even pass romantic glances at each other. For one whole year, we were married, but we were never intimate.

The room had a dressing table and a mirror at the west wing, corner. There were pictures on the wall, pictures of me, Fiona, and the children. The bed frame stood opposite the dressing table, at the east wing of the room. That morning, as I dressed the bed and put the room in order, the rays of the sun crept in and illuminated the entire room with its golden glow. My curtains were blue, matching the colour of the rug. There were rose flowers in the flower vases, which stood by both sides of the bed. The room was not so glamourous, on the contrary, it was just neat, simple and very comfortable.

That fateful morning, which was my first morning as Mrs. Powey, and also the beginning of a new year and a new phase in our lives, I sat quietly in my room, after putting it in order. There I held a picture closely, and looked at it. The picture was the one Fiona took with Patrick, about seven years ago, during their wedding ceremony at Fiona's mother's family home. It was indeed a joyous day for both of them. Before her death, Fiona never stopped telling me what a great man her husband was. To me, then, those were pure exaggerations, but I gave a listening ear.

Fiona Powey was the happy wife of Patrick Powey, and a wonderful mother to two beautiful girls, but, she didn't have much time on earth. At that moment, when I thought about it, I understood that God knew she was not going to stay long on earth, so, he gave her the best of every thing. The best mother, the best husband, the best children, best friend and a very happy life. Fiona was well and indeed very happy until she suddenly fell ill. We were sure it wasn't anything serious, but after the doctor ran some tests and found that she had cancer cells in her body, which had spread wide and fast, we knew that all was indeed not well. Patrick and I wore long faces as we sat by her hospital bed one evening, but all she did was smile.

"Please don't feel bad for me." She begged. "If anything happens to me, you still have your whole life ahead of you. Please don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry about you?" Patrick asked.

"If you worry about me, who's going to worry about our children?" Fiona asked, with a very sincere smile playing around her lips. It was almost like she had an answer to her own question.

Patrick tried to be strong for his family but often times, I saw him in tears. He didn't cry out loud like a baby, but tears frequently ran down the contours of his well structured, cheek bones. It was on her sick bed that I got to really see for myself, just how much love the couple had for each other. Patrick left his construction business in the hands of his superintendent, and spent every passing day with Fiona. He wanted her last days to be filled with fun and plenty of love. although, mother Phil, Fiona's mother, was around to help look after the kids and also after her daughter, Patrick still found time to bring the children, Jada and Kathrine, along, whenever they were back from school. The children played with their mother. They kissed and hugged her as they promised that all will be well. Well, what did they know? They were just little kids. They didn't really understand the seriousness of their mother's illness. Everyday, for three months, we visited the hospital and Patrick paid the bills.

On the morning Fiona died, I had just gotten into her hospital room when I heard Partrick say, "...please don't force me to make such promises. It isn't right." He was sitting by her side, on the bed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, as I looked from wife to husband.

"Everything is just perfect dear." Fiona replied, smiling. Although her smile was already weak.

"No, nothing is perfect." Patrick said, as he looked up at me. "My wife thinks its wise for us to get married after she's gone."

"What?" I heard myself almost screaming. "Where in the whole of earth did you get such an idea?" Fiona wanted to say something in response, but I didn't let her. "Forget it!" I said, cutting her short. "Don't answer the question, but please, get that idea out of your head. It's not going to happen."

"Can you two please grant the request of a dying woman." Fiona pleaded, stubbornly. "I only want what's good for both of you and the children too."

"And you are going to do that by match making us?" Patrick asked, with a frown. "This is wrong Fiona. You know my heart beats for you alone."

"I know my love." Fiona said, with a sad face. "But after I'm long gone, you will need a woman again. I want the woman who replaces me in your life to be my best friend. I don't want anyone else and I have my reasons."

"Whatever those reasons are Fiona, I don't like the idea that..." I couldn't finish what I was saying because Fiona suddenly started to convulse.

"What is it my love?" Patrick asked, as he hugged her to himself.

"Fiona? Fiona!!!" I called. My heart raced, as fear crept in. When I saw that her situation wasn't getting any better, I ran out to get the doctor.

The doctor rushed in with his team of nurses and soon, we were ushered out of the room so they could try to save Fiona's life. For the next 30 minutes, Patrick and I waited outside. We paced the length of the waiting room because there was just nothing else we could do.

When the doctor finally came out, he looked sad. One could see the pain in his eyes. I didn't need to ask how Fiona was doing. I had seen enough movies as well as real life experiences to know that my friend, was gone. While Patrick rushed forward with hope in his eyes, I sat on the ground with my back up against the wall. I was too weak to do anything else. Tears flowed down my cheeks and soon afterwards, I heard Patrick crying out loud. He could no longer hide what he was feeling.

A week later, during Fiona's funeral ceremony, the doctor came to us. He told us that Fiona had a dying wish. In as much as her wish sounded strange to him, he still had to deliver it.

"What did she say?" Patrick asked. I already had an idea about what the doctor would say and so did Patrick.

After the doctor finished speaking, he asked. "Why are you two not surprisd about what I just said?"

"Because those were her last words to us too." Patrick replied, "We refused of course, but then..."

"But then what?" I said, cutting him short. "I'm not just going to get up and marry you. That's my own decision to make."

"Off course it is. I only plead that you think about the children." Patrick said, although he looked really confused. "They need a mothers love and care, now more than ever, and they have already gotten used to you. Please, we all need your help. I don't know what I will do with two little girls. Besides, one is just five years old. She's still as good as a baby and I'm really confused right now."

"I thought you said you wouldn't go through with Fiona's plan." I asked with a frown. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"I want to fulfil my wife's last wish. That aside, she is right about needing help with the kids. My sisters are abroad with their families. I can't expect them to stay with me and the kids forever."

"What about Fiona's mum?"

"She can only stay with me for a while. After that she would be gone."

I sighed and looked up at the doctor. He looked back at me with wide eyes and said. "Don't look at me. This decision is yours and yours alone to make. So, good luck with whatever you decide to do." That said, he left us and went to mingle with other sympathizers.

"I think we should talk about this later." I said, as I turned back to face Patrick. "For today, let us just honor Fiona. She deserves our respect."

"Sure." Patrick said, with his head hanging low.

The funeral ceremony went on peacefully. Jada and Kathrine were mostly by my side. Although, they sometimes went off to be with their grandmother.

Three months after Fiona's funeral, Patrick brought up the issue of Fiona's last wish with both her family members and his. He explained to them that he wanted to honor his wife's last wish and also get a mother for his children. However, the family members did not give their support.

"Why would you want to marry your wife's best friend? And three months after her death?" Fiona's mother asked. "You're disrespecting my daughter's memory."

"Even if you feel like moving ahead with your life by getting another woman, why must it be Sammantha?" His elder sister asked.

The others present also had a thing or two to say, but then, the doctor stood up and cleared things for us.

"They are not doing it just because they want to." The doctor said. "They are doing it because it was Fiona's last wish. As I tried to save her on her sick bed, she grabbed my hand and said. Please tell my husband, Sam is the only mother I want for my children. If you think I'm making this up, I can get a video footage from the hospital or call any of the nurses who were with me that day."

Everyone kept quiet after the doctor spoke. It was hard for them but they gave their consent. We fixed a date and did a court wedding. There were no refreshments afterwards. The situation was already awkward and we didn't want to worsen it.

After I moved into the house, Patrick took me to my own room and promised not to bother me. I wouldn't have it any other way, so I was pleased with the idea. My room was close to the children's and it constantly reminded me that my sole purpose in the house, was to care for them.

My name is Samantha Powey, a graduate from the school of catering. I live with my husband and children in a little town called Kingsville. I run a restaurant, Sammy Fries, with the help of some dedicated and very wonderful employees. I have come a long way since I got married to Patrick over ten years ago. I have always wanted to share my story. Now, I'm doing just that, and I hope you find it interesting.

1 Share

Re: Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
My Best Friend's Husband and I (Chapter Two)
By: Denna Westhills

After my marriage to Patrick, my daily routine changed over night. My mornings started very early because I had to wake the kids up and prepare them for school. I also had to make breakfast for them and their daddy, clean up the house and make sure that nothing was left out of place.

"Sam," Jade called, on our first morning together as a family. "Can I get some extra pancakes? Mummy always made three for me because she knew my friends at school always get their share."

"Oh! Okay, I will get you some more." I gave her the rest of the pancakes and she ran off with Kathrine to catch the school bus, which was parked in front of the house. Patrick saw them off and then came back in.

"Thanks." Patrick said, as soon as he was in. "Thank you for the love you show them."

"They're like my own children, Patrick." I replied. "I can't help wanting them to be happy and comfortable. I can't help loving them."

"I know. All the same, thank you. Fiona couldn't have picked a better person to take care of the kids."

That said, he took his briefcase and went to work. I quickly finished my chores and dashed off to my restaurant. Although we had our differences and problems, we lived together in peace and harmony. With time, I started getting attracted to Patrick, especially when I saw him playing in the sand with the kids. He is their father, he loves them and they adore him. Whenever there was an occasion to attend, we usually went together. We did a lot of things together, especially with the children. This got us very close and I didn't even know when my feelings for Patrick started to take a different turn. His smile made me smile and his pain left me in much deeper pain. But there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't ready to give Patrick even the slightest idea that I felt anything for him. As long as I was concerned, we were in an arranged marriage, and that was it.

Things went on that way for a year after our marriage. Then one day, I got back home from my restaurant, late. It rained heavily that day and I got home soaked, to my under wear. Patrick saw me coming in and he looked very worried.

"I will make a cup of hot tea." He said, with so much concern.

I said my thanks before running up to my room to take a hot bath. I filled the bath tub with very hot water and mixed it a little with a cold one before hopping in. I stayed in for a long time before washing up. When I was done, I grabbed my towel but didn't tie it around my body. I just cleaned my body with it and then dried my hair while I walked out of the bathroom. I was well inside my room before I realised that Patrick was standing beside a tray of hot tea which he had just placed on top of my dressing table. He looked surprised and dazed at the same time. I felt really embarassed and quickly tied the towel around me.

"I'm... I'm so .... sorry." He said, after I had covered up. It was like his senses returned as soon as the show was over. "I should have knocked to tell you I was here.

I was too embarrassed to say anything, so, I simply looked on as he walked out. It was a while later before I recovered from the surprising event but even then, I couldn't help but remember the look on Patrick's eyes when he saw my unclothedness. I could tell he very much liked what he saw, but I wasn't betting on the fact that anything would happen between us. He loved Fiona too much and even though she was long gone, he always talked about her from time to time. He did everything possible to keep her memory alive.

That evening, I didn't go down stairs to eat dinner. I wasn't sure I was ready to face Patrick again, not after what had happened. I waited until I was sure everyone was asleep before going down to find something to eat. I fixed a quick toast with some sadin, cabbage and butter. Before I sat down to eat, I placed a kettle of water on the cooker to boil. I had finished eating and was about to make tea when I heard the kitchen door squeak. I turned around only to find Patrick leaning against the entrance and staring unflinchingly at me.

"Oh! Its you." I said, feeling nervous. "I thought you were asleep."

"Yes I know." He said. "That's why you felt free to come downstairs. I expected to see you at dinner so we could talk, especially since the kids are not around."

"Oh! Wait. The kids are not around?" Where are they?" I asked, as I realised for the first time that I hadn't heard their voices. I was so engrossed in my own thoughts about what had happened earlier that I didn't think about them. Aside from that, whenever I came in late, Patrick always helped cook their dinner, bath them and tuck them in for the night. So, being that I came in late, I didn't realise that they were not in the house.

"They are with their grandmother. She came into town today."

"Fiona's mother?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Oh, I didn't know she was in town." I said, with an almost shaky voice, as I realised that Patrick had left his position and was walking towards me.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked.

"No." I replied. "Why should I be?"

"I don't know." He replied. 'But if you are not scared, then why are you moving backwards?" He asked.

I wanted to make an arguement about the question he asked, but when I looked around, I saw that I had really moved backwards. "Well, maybe my instincts are pushing me away from you." I said.

"Instincts right?" He asked lazily, as he pulled out a chair and sat down. "Can I have one too?"

"Have what? Instincts?"

"No." He chuckled. "I meant a cup of tea."

It was then I remembered that I was actually about to make tea when he stepped in.
"Oh!" I said, feeling stupid. "I will do just that."

I took out two mugs and poured the already boiled water into them, brewed the tea and added milk and sugar. Tea was soon ready and I served him his own cup. After I placed the tea on the table, Patrick pulled out a chair and asked me to sit with him.

"Well, I can sip my tea upstairs in my room."

"I know that." He said. "I just want you to sit with me so we can talk." He insisted.

"Okay." I said, as I reluctantly sat on the chair he pulled out.

NOTE: If you enjoyed the story so far, get the complete ebook on Okadabooks app. It is an interesting read.
Re: Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Aunt karo, so u are here too?

1 Like

Re: Get Trapped - The Underworld (series One) On Okadabooks by ekaromail: 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes o! Titigold grin

(1) (Reply)

Perfect Imperfection / The Trivial Destiny (a Crime Story) / 5 Short Love Stories To Inspire You And Show Your Love Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.